It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Ahhh! I see. That makes sense.

Thanks for clearing that up!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Just to add to Rising-Against's explanation, opening the comments section in your profile also counts as a thread for thread-count purposes (as does sending a suggestion/complaint to staff with the "complaint" link in your "tools" area).

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

opening the comments section in your profile also counts as a thread for thread-count purposes

Ah, I wasn't aware of that at all tbh, thanks for posting it.

edit on 8-10-2010 by Rising Against because: OCD makes me edit..

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Do something about the thread counts on the member profiles. I've noticed at least a few that are off. It says I've created 5 threads when I've only created 2.

If you send a complaint or alert a thread, it counts towards your overall "threads started" stats as a thread is started in the mod forum I believe. Maybe that's why it says 5 when it's only showing 2 on your profile? You've previously used the alert button.

edit on 8-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Well I never knew this. I know I use the alert button more than I make threads
and was wondering why it said I had made so many threads when I did't think I had..

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I was wondering why I had one thread started when I registered. I figured it was just a glitch.

Thanks for that.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
Add a "red star" to signal disapproval of a post

A similar system was used some time ago, but it was used more as a "weapon" against the poster than against the post, so when some member that had a known position about something that was against the opinion of some group of members it would get negative marks even before it got answers.

A negative system can be used in a negative way, a positive system can only be used on a positive way.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
tapatalk support would be nice

Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry (free) and Nokia (free). Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB or SMF forum that has activated our Tapatalk plugin. Try it now to see why so many forums adopted it to compliement or replace their existing HTML-based mobile forum skin.

www.tapatalk.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have no idea if anyone has mentioned this or if it's been answered but I'm asking anyway.

It would be GREAT to have an option to upload multiple pics at a time.

Media to me is a side I don't like venturing to.

Would this ever be an option and if it is already, please someone tell me where!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How about...

Ratios.

Flags vs posts. Stars vs posts. Flags vs stars.

Different levels of ratios for each user, creates a different effect.

For example - a user that has a massive post count, with very few stars could activate the 'spam can' logo on their profile.

Another example - a user that has a low post count, but a high star count could activate a title called "Valuable content contributor".

Another example - a user that has a low flag count, but a high star count could activate a title something along the lines of "Sidekick Superhero" or some such like.

From lurking in the past I saw lots of people star and flag farming. As well as 'groups' of people going around starring and flagging each other just because they were friends. Instead of basing a users reputation on the 'amount' of any given 'counter', perhaps the ratio's should designate a users commitment to quality content rather than anything else?

This is in line with the "Make every post count" philosophy I've seen thrown around here.

Rev.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Revenant
From lurking in the past I saw lots of people star and flag farming. As well as 'groups' of people going around starring and flagging each other just because they were friends. Instead of basing a users reputation on the 'amount' of any given 'counter', perhaps the ratio's should designate a users commitment to quality content rather than anything else?

The problem with that is exactly what you said. If there's a group that stars and flags each other's posts those will have a higher star/flag count than "normal" members.

According to your idea, would I get a "spam can"?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

LOL! Depending on your boundaries of said ratio's it's a possibility.

I do definitely think that ratio's rather than outright totals would be more... beneficial. It would provide incentive to create quality content, rather than voluminous content.

Rev.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hey Mods .

What can be done about the timestamps on our posts, try as I might it will not save my particular time-zone. From what I recall this was the case before the recent site renovations also.

Its nothing huge.... and does not detract greatly from my experience on ATS.

It may even be an issue with my set-up ...... perish the thought.

Thanks in advance .

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
whats with the new background for halloween? ive seen that vampire online before, i'm certain it is someone elses work.

also it is made poorly. reminds me of when i first got photoshop.
edit on 31-10-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Doesn't each forum have assigned moderators? I thought I would find the moderators names on the bottom of the forum they moderate, but I don't see them.

I went to the board home at the bottom at Active members online, even though the mods are in bold, you can not click on their names to send a message.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

In the "ATS Staff" list, just above the "Active members" list, you can click on the staff names to send a message to that member.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been suggested before but sometimes I'd like to take away a person's star

Give or take but only once of course, then it would be more equal voting. Members would have to work harder for their stars and be more encourage to give them too.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
maybe more features for mobile ats? like edit, profile, u2u's and the norms on the real ats if possible? i like mobile ats as is but more is better.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I would like to see a bookmark button and a subscribe button. So that users can subscribe without replying, or just "bookmark" a thread which they want to come to later. A bookmark would be same as subscribe but no notifications would be sent and they would be shown in a separate place on myATS.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

How about including some form of Audio Communication amoung our members ? How this would be achieved I do not know , but it would Add another Novel Dimention to the exchange of Opinions and Ideas here . Something on the lines of a Skype type Program maybe ?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ok I just read a thread and it reminded me that sometimes I wish there was an ATS GOLD section for those off the top, die hard laughing, unbelievable threads that just everyone in the world needs to read. Flags and stars just don't cut it for these threads. They need to be prromoted to comedy central or something like that.

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join