It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
how about a forums only for alternative energy discussion. ATS has some of the brightest minds if they were given a place to work twords that one specific thing, we could settle this oil B.S. in less then a year. and how about a spell check?

[edit on 4-10-2006 by angryamerican for spelling]

[edit on 4-10-2006 by angryamerican]

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryamerican
how about a forums only for alternative energy discussion. ATS has some of the brightest minds if they were given a place to work twords that one specific thing, we could settle this oil B.S. in less then a year. and how about a spell check?

[edit on 4-10-2006 by angryamerican for spelling]

[edit on 4-10-2006 by angryamerican]

yeah!! the best idea EVER!!!!!!!!!

no more bad spelling

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Mybe like an Oddities forum.Ya know, like a man with two heads,baby born with tail, women who marry snakes.. That kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
I'd like to see some open mindedness.

I'd like to see some acceptance that, you know what? We actually don't know very much at all about anything.

I'd like to see less arrogance.

I'd like all that on a sesame seed bun, if that's alright with you.

Cheers.

Minus the sesame seed bud, Never!

Sure we need members to abide by the T&C, and those who do not will be weeded out.

But arrogance?

Arrogance is a weakness. Use it against them, the more arrogant they become the less they are going to expect from us. Work harder to surprise them.

More open mindedness can be a good thing, but too much can be a bad thing. We need the stubborn soles who no matter what facts you present them with, will continue to disagree.

If everyone believed in peace, love & harmony where would we left with in our discussions?

The trick to all of this is to not allow a member to get to you. If someone makes a blatant ignorant comment, call them out on it and beat them down with facts & evidence.

Originally posted by Implosion
I'd like to see less people with preconceived notions calling any and all that do not agree with their own personal reality tunnel disparaging names.

Now this I agree with 117% !

Any member who defends their case by lashing out with names, racial or prejudicial comments should be shown the door quickly.

No member has to agree with a word I say, but you should respect it. If your not able to respect it then you should do yourself, myself & ATS a great deed and move onto the next thread.

What Would I Love to See in the Future with ATS?

A whole lot more of the same!

I've been here for over a year and have no complaints. The staff is second to none, the conversation is on a level of its own and the membership is the true cream of the crop.

It is amazing how much you can respect someone you have never met.

So my only hope for the future of ATS is that the great members we've all come to know and love remain with the board and continue to inject these brilliant posts.

If I can have that, I would be a happy man.

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
How about in "My ATS", under "Your Subscribed Threads"

I would like to see, besides the last poster in the thread, a date and time so that you would know if it was a recent last post or the post they did two days ago.

I've checked a lot of threads only to find out nothing new had been added for quite a while.

Just an idea.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I had a thought,it could be just me or a lot of people,but I noticed that there are quite a lot of people who are too lazy to read,myself included.

IMO it could be the black text we've been using most of the time.Personally I do get bored of seeing black words in everything-books,internet,articles,newspaper,etc.....Reading colored words could make our brain more interested in reading.
I know I would be interested!!!!
Although too much colored words could make things look disordered.Then again people could also be too lazy to make colored text.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
There's no forum for multidimensional aliens. There's one for 3d aliens driving 3d vehicles, but none for more advanced beings that millions of people are encountering. The normal 3d thinker says you are insane if you believe in anything beyond 3d, so you can't mention the more advanced aliens in the 3d alien forum. And they are not ghosts, creepy spirits or spiritual beings so they don't belong in the paranormal forum. They are not Jesus or Satan so they don't belong in the religious forum. Hell there is nowhere for people to write about the more advanced aliens.

So obviously this site needs a forum for multidimensional aliens, and anyone going there and calling people insane should lose points instantly.

There are millions of people interacting with a superior species that just don't fit into the usual narrow 3d mind set, but there's no way they can discuss it because the world ain't ready to hear it yet.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You know, how about an Myth busting forum. Like a serious dicussion on hardcore research of various myths and urban legends.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I have a number of suggestions regarding ATS / BTS. Oh, and let's not leave out the "bastard child", PTS..

My first suggestion has to do with Posting. At the present time, the sites under the ATS banner utilize a "word processor" of the most rudimentary sort. It does the job and that's "just swell". I have noticed, however, some programs which would offer a dramatic improvement on the word processing capabilities of this site when compared to what is currently being used. One example of this would be the blogging "word processing suite that "www.performancing.com uses. It was designed for bloggers but it certainly could be adapted for a forum site such as ATS and, of course, for our own blogs.
Please note, I'm not trying to promote the site named above. There are many such programs and sites on the net. I have singled this one out because it was a recent download through FireFox's browser "add-ons".

A simple examination of the "performancing" word processor would clearly demonstrate that it would be of great benefit for members as such programs could include a posting history, a place to save notes, and a simple but dynamic word processor for posting on the boards as well as ATS's blogs. Since the posts and opinons are, in essence, the product of this site.....enable the ATS membership to become more efficient.; The easier it is for members to post, the more the membership will post. The opinions, the comments, the ideas , the debates and rants found on ATS is the primary product of this site -- help us do "our work".

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
My next suggestion on what I'd like to see on ATS/BTS is an ATS Banking System.
I first made the suggestion for an ATS Banking system in a thread I started quite some time ago -- interestingly enough, the thread was "closed" as it raised an idea that the staff did not want to pursue. Still, this thread "did ask for suggestions"..."; The First Bank of ATS. I explained, in that thread, a number of things that might make things more interesting on ATS. A Banking system with which members could transfer points could be an interesting addition to the site.

And, as long as we can transfer points, let's utilize the points in some meaningful way. If we could transfer points, we could "purchase" avatars from the group of talented artists on ATS who are giving away their work. By being able to transfer points, these members could be "rewarded" for their efforts.

Another suggestion ,that is related to an ATS Banking System, is the concept of an ATS COURT system. I brought up this concept in yet another thread of mine that was closed as well; Do we need an ATS court?. In brief, I believe that the ATS "community" as such might be enhanced by such a system. Again, if nothing else, it might be interesting. In such a system, if a member is, in some way, "penalized" or slighted (we can all come up with situations), a member could "hire" --using the points in his ATS bank account--an ATS lawyer -- an ATS member who might wish to litigate or debate the clients case in front of an ATS legal forum. We have many fine debaters among our membership. We certainly have some rational legal minded members here who might wish to be ATS attorneys. An example of the interest that such a thread might garner is evidenced by the recent banning of a "respected member" for plagiarism. Instead of a result thread bemoaning or supporting this particular members banning, the issue could have been "tried" in front of an ATS court -- perhaps with random jury selection from a pool of active members. Perhaps outright banning might not have been the result....perhaps a fine? perhaps a sentence of ATS "community service" would have been mandated in lieu of outright banning. The possibilities are fascinating if one were to extrapolate from this concept.

[edit on 10/8/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
here is a spell check that sits on your task bar and alerts you when you misspell a word....

And it is FREE

Tinyspell

Semper

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
The First Bank of ATS.
Do we need an ATS court?.

BT!!! I nearly choked on my coffee! This sounds way too much like real life to me. Although, I could have hired an ATS lawyer... when that Mod sited me for a one line post and deducted some of my points. This mod had plenty of one line post under his/her belt too (I looked) ...so I thought that was
lol

Now maybe in the BTS, maybe a hobby forum would be cool, surely I'm not the only say quilter, or poultry keeper on this site....
Or maybe I am?? But I'm an advance quilter/teacher. I think a hobby forum would be way cool
Surely everyone here has a hobby of some sort, so a hobby forum could lump all hobbies together in one place....just a thought to consider

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
How about setting the thread titles that appear on the home page into a dark block. This way all of the titles will stand out more brightly instead of appearing dreary like the PTS and BTS colors do on the grey background. Dark blue would be ideal, I think, and maybe a few tiny stars could be set into the dark blue to give it the appearance of a window into the universe which would be appropriate since this is a forum that explores many of the mysteries of the cosmos.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor
I had a thought,it could be just me or a lot of people,but I noticed that there are quite a lot of people who are too lazy to read,myself included.

IMO it could be the black text we've been using most of the time.Personally I do get bored of seeing black words in everything-books,internet,articles,newspaper,etc.....Reading colored words could make our brain more interested in reading.
I know I would be interested!!!!
Although too much colored words could make things look disordered.Then again people could also be too lazy to make colored text.

[edit on 8-10-2006 by tormentor]

I have to agree with this guy here. I mean, when I code, which is rarely I hate looking at it in notepad.. yes I can code in notepad. Anyway.. I code in editplus cause of all the pretty colors the letters are. like red, green, pink, blue, and so on..

This guy might be onto something...

And about a spell checker, there is a plugin google has that has an auto spell checker.

[edit on 10/8/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
this may sound a little silly

but i for one would love to see a wiki for ATS somewhere that people can look up terms they may not of heard before

there are of course some very intelligent people on ATS with deep knowledge about certain fields but some people new to the community may benifit especilly when people cross reference other events in their posts only to be asked for a link explaining their reference

a wiki is not very hard to set up and im sure everyone on ehre would be able to contribute to it in some way thus strengthening the community bonds

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by popek
this may sound a little silly

but i for one would love to see a wiki for ATS somewhere that people can look up terms they may not of heard before

tinwiki.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
damn

i thought i was being really clever!!!!
cheers for the link its really good

id also like to see an ATS court and more 'live' debates going on
i personally would love to go in a debate just never seem to have the oppertunity

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Suggestion..ATSEarth

Now we have tin-wiki, we could also have an ATS version of GoogleEarth..perhaps a periodic (weekly/monthly?) compilation of news/events/theories that can be downloaded as a 'layer' to import into G.E. It would give a global geographic visual reference, links to images and associated threads for background information...?!

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I agree with the posters above me;

a poll forum would be interesting. Issues that the ATS staff set up for members to vote or to express opinions or beliefs on would be extremely interesting. But polling should not be limited to isssues that the ATS staff set up. I know that, I personally, have many questions or issues that I would really appreciate a poll for. It would be interesting, given the particular ATS membership we have, to view how the general consensus would break down.

And the other suggestion offered; ATS Earth. It would, indeed, be interesting to view a map of sorts to see where, for example, ufo's were reported or cryptozoological sightings or areas of unusual behaviors or occurences took place. It would certainly help to see whether there were any geographical patterns to such things.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join