It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Roswell Alien Footage!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Found this and I must say it's impressive. Its a pretty wild scene, lots of people invovled, so it would have to be an elaborate hoax if that is the case. Or do you think it could be authentic?

New Roswell Alien Footage

[edit on 20-7-2006 by ZoooMer]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I can't see anything valuable here. It could be anything... like a fraud! hehe...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Yea, I'm sure they would let someone with a video camera record everything that was going on during something like that...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Highly amusing. But most likely a hoax. Does all of this fakery with regard to Roswell help the cover-up? Or does it confirm nothing happened at Roswell. I remain open minded....

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
...always...always....it just HAS to be blurry, overexposed and totally over the top bad filming and bad light, bad actors and bad aliens..

Yeezz....

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think I've found something in this film that links this to the "alien autopsy" film. Check these pictures:

this video:

alien autopsy

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone ever noticed the error in the original airing of the footage. I do remember watching the premier of the vid on Fox and happen to notice something amazing.

During the film they show the leg damage on the alien. Everyone knows about it and you can see it again in ZoooMer's pic right above this post. Well, during a viewpoint change in the film I was amazed to see that the damage to the right leg had suddenly switched to the left. I was thinking, there's no way they will get away with this! The right leg was suddenly fine and the left leg had a big hole in it. This was only for a few seconds and then when the scene changed again the damage was back on the right leg.

Did anyone else happen to notice this?

Don't mean to jump off topic but it is related.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I was wondering if anyone ever noticed the error in the original airing of the footage. I do remember watching the premier of the vid on Fox and happen to notice something amazing.

During the film they show the leg damage on the alien. Everyone knows about it and you can see it again in ZoooMer's pic right above this post. Well, during a viewpoint change in the film I was amazed to see that the damage to the right leg had suddenly switched to the left. I was thinking, there's no way they will get away with this! The right leg was suddenly fine and the left leg had a big hole in it. This was only for a few seconds and then when the scene changed again the damage was back on the right leg.

Did anyone else happen to notice this?

Don't mean to jump off topic but it is related.

That is funny. Is there anyway possible that you can get screenshots of that?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I thought Surely they're not ALL officers; there's got to be somebody wearing stripes somewhere in that hanger...

Well, there is, but apparently the budget didn't allow for insignia, except for this one private, whose sleeve is just visible for an instant, who's wearing his sorry-looking stripe upside down:

It gets better. The US Army Air Forces never had a star on their chevrons, although they had stars on various unit shoulder patchs; the new Air Force didn't adopt the current chevron with a star sometime after March, 1948. Both services have always had chevrons or curved stripes, not straight ones.

The insignia this guy's wearing is a WWII aircraft marking!

(Click for some history.)

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Some good points there.

I think a big question mark here is when was this footage actually made.

If it was made recently some serious consideration went into production to emulate the effects of an old 8 mm or whatever camera that is. If you've ever seen really old video you might recognize that in this footage you can see what looks like damage from temperature, storage or bad handling of the negatives.

It would be nice to have a professional video editor comment on this. I'm no professional, but my guess is that the task of emulating a 50 year old, damaged film would be a huge & costly undertaking.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
All I have to say is wow, IMO this looks very real from the damaged film to the amount of people guns and uniforms in the film. I don't think this was just some guy on the street but an actual person inside a military division that was requested to film this.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rand
I thought Surely they're not ALL officers; there's got to be somebody wearing stripes somewhere in that hanger...

Well, there is, but apparently the budget didn't allow for insignia, except for this one private, whose sleeve is just visible for an instant, who's wearing his sorry-looking stripe upside down:

It gets better. The US Army Air Forces never had a star on their chevrons, although they had stars on various unit shoulder patchs; the new Air Force didn't adopt the current chevron with a star sometime after March, 1948. Both services have always had chevrons or curved stripes, not straight ones.

The insignia this guy's wearing is a WWII aircraft marking!

(Click for some history.)

Just like your link shows unless you have the chevron patch right infront of you, can you really say that it wasn't an earlier type of the chevron patch from the link you specified.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think the footage is very interesting indeed. You may have watched the follow-up to the Alien Autopsy Fact Or Fiction documentary earlier this year where the footage we all know and love was declared a hoax. Well in that show, they interviewed a guy who was given the opportunity to view what he thinks was the real thing, and when he saw the Alien Ausopsy on tv many years later, he was like 'this is like the footage I saw' - indicating that the faked version for whatever reason, mimicked actual real footage. This guy also mentioned that the version he saw not only showed a dead alien on the slab, but a live one writhing on the ground. He was absolutely sure what he saw on that day was the real deal.

So now, this footage comes to light. Could it be more hoaxed footage to string us along more and further perpetuate the Roswell 'myth'? Possibly. Or disinfo to further distract the public from the actual events that took place? Possibly. Or maybe we are finally seeing some genuine footage from Roswell. Quite possibly so. I can't discount any of those options, makes this all very intriguing! Thanks for posting this!

[edit on 22-7-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
yeah it look like this is what he saw to make his hoax version

how real this is is any1s guess

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well its either a case of someone putting some serious trouble into this film and its a hoax (and we've all seen the infamous autopsy footage so we know people will put in a tremendous ammount of effort into some fakes), or its the real deal.

Things going for it:

Might be a pain getting that many period uniforms
lots of people (if its a fake we'll be sure to get a leak from one fo the 'actors' soon.)
Has a very convincing air to it.

Things against it:

Its so bad quality that you can't make out much.
The frame rate seems a little low (could well be a side effect of compressing it to a flash video though)

It could be a fake, or it could be real. But strangly enough against all logic I have a 'feeling' that this may be real. But hey I could be really wrong and far off the mark. This has to be part of longer footage and if so where is the rest of it? Its all those boring bits like shots of empty walls with phones doors with signs on them that help us debunk it. So its not very helpful in that regard.

Could this be the footage that 'inspired' the autopsy fake? Maybe an earlier part of the real? It certainly would explain why they remade it, if you'd paid a shedload for footage and it turned up THIS quality you'd want to make your money back too LOL.

We need more info or a longer bit of footage really, maybe then we can find a few clear frames with enough info to know to soe degree of certainty. Tilll then the jury's out...... but it's thinking......

Wayne...

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
First off I laugh at the original "Alien Autopsy" as it looked extreamly fake to me.

Just tonight I saw a program where the guys were claiming it is a "Restoration" and they had original video kept in Germany but its badly damaged.

Now they could be telling the truth in which case they should release all video imidiatly and let proper professions take a look at repairing it.

Or this documentry could be being used as another attempt at making MORE money, they could very well be behind this aswell and have experiance from the last time at doing it. They also showed that people CAN keep there mouths shut about it as they got people to do it the last time aswell.

Anyway can anyone get a finger count on the Alien? There alien had 6 fingers, does this one?

Can anyone get a head shot to see if these look like our classic "Greys"?

And definatly injuries on both left and right leg, major damage on the left minor on the right around the ankel.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If we can get a media professional to analyze the video it would great in discerning if this was a hoax or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This looks real, for sure. I would not be suprised if it was genuine. I just wonder why it has taken so long to come out.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A thought: anybody have a copy of the "old" TV movie Roswell - The UFO Cover-Up staring Kyle MacLachlan?

The alien is beginning to seem all to familiar...

Especially the double-muscles that appear just above the critter's hip; that's a detail that just jumps out.

Also, check ZoooMer's post, above, where I first noticed them
, and this still from the movie:
dspace.dial.pipex.com...
from The Roswell Resource Centre, and a closer look at the dummy here:
www.menzelphoto.com...

Hmmm...it's also looking like it might be a Blockbuster Night...

(ediit:forgot to attribute a link)

[edit on 23-7-2006 by rand]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revelmonk
Just like your link shows unless you have the chevron patch right infront of you, can you really say that it wasn't an earlier type of the chevron patch from the link you specified.

Until about the last 10 years Airmen in the USAF didn't have a star in the center of their stripes. They didn't get the star until they made either Airmen 1st Class or Sergeant, I can't remember which. You would NEVER see a 1 striper in the USAF with a star in the center, unless they bought the stripes recently.

(No links, but I spent 25 years on a USAF base, 1 year in JROTC and 3 in CAP)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join