It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah knows how to win a war!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow, this is an impressive action that will gain them credibility with the world but ultimately has no true meaning.

"To the family that was hit in Nazareth -- on my behalf and my brothers', I apologize to this family," he said.

"Some events like that happen. At any event, those who were killed in Nazareth, we consider them martyrs for Palestine and martyrs for the nation. I pay my condolences to them."

External Source

This shows how politically savvy they are and the fact that they understand the necessity to appear as if they are taking the high road. This forces the world to reevaluate their motives and the threat that the pose - strength is easy to account for, intelligence, not so much.

I had previously been convinced that this was just another minor flare up but this forces me to reevaluate. These kinds of statements show me that Hezbollah - and their masters in Iran and Syria - are in this for the long haul.

I am starting to think that the response we have been promised on Iran's standing for the "nuclear issue" that is to be given on August 22nd may be in the form of a mushroom cloud over an Israeli city.

mod edit:
Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 21-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marid Audran
I am starting to think that the response we have been promised on Iran's standing for the "nuclear issue" that is to be given on August 22nd may be in the form of a mushroom cloud over an Israeli city.

Let's hope not.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hopefully you will receive a u2u soon that says something on the order of "Your thread has been moved to the PTS Forum." Much to Majic's delight.

With phrases like "This shows how politically savvy...", shouldn't be a prob.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Lets hope not for sure. Look, we all want terrorism to go away but when it all goes nuclear then the whole world will change and we do not wanna see WW3.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Let's hope not.

Only for the Otter's sake, Command Force Loam, only for the Otter's sake.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I seriously doubt anyone will be using any nuclear weapons within such close proximity of each other. Thats just ridiculous. Iran is supposedly helping Hezbollah and Hamas yet they will drop a nuke on Israel and risk irradiating all of them? Don't think so. Ahminijead might be a tard but he wouldn't do such a thing. He cannot govern the wind.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
They've already said that anyone who dies as a result of an attack on Israel are martyrs. While the martyrs may not be voluntary I don't think that the leaders really care.

Besides, looking at this map of wind patterns it looks like from July for the next few months the prevailing wind patterns go to west over the Atlantic ocean and away from Israel. Perhaps another reason for the delay to August?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Dude when folks could care less if they die or not, then do you think they care whatb way the wind blows after nuclear detonation?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The wind is important because it will tell you where nuclear fall out will occur. Fallout is when radioactive particles are laucnhed into the atmosphere by a nuclear explosion and drift to areas far away. increasing the radioactivity of the area that they land in they also increase the effects of radiation poisioning and cancer.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Truly doubt it. If, hypotheticall it did, it would be just horrible...because Israel would retaliate back on Iran, and not just Iran. Millions would die, probably over 10 million. It would be a catastrophe. Then the whole world will go into resource shortages. I just don't see that happening...

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
The wind is important because it will tell you where nuclear fall out will occur. Fallout is when radioactive particles are laucnhed into the atmosphere by a nuclear explosion and drift to areas far away. increasing the radioactivity of the area that they land in they also increase the effects of radiation poisioning and cancer.

No, the wind doesnt matter when the fanatics who are laucnhing the nukes dont care wheteher they die or not and if they do die, then they go to heaven and receive 21 virgins.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yeah, but the leaders don't want to die. They want others to die for their cause. Therefore it matters greatly to them which way it goes.

top topics

join