It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay Respect to the USA Intelligence Community

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Post 9/11, the USA has suffered no terroristic disaster. Many compliments for those above us in the USA Intelligence Community. Terrorists still threaten, and those in the FBI, CIA, NSA, DIA... thwart it.

The USA cannot rest on its laurels. Is the USA Intelligence Community continuing with the great progress we have seen?

GSA

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
No,
dick Cheney doesn't see a need yet for anothet 'terror' attack on the home soil to get his own way.

US int agencies have nothing to do with it...(apart from participating of course.....)

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Heck yeah! I agree, the US agencies have done their jobs post-9/11! Nobody can hope for better results than 0 successful attacks. These people have intense jobs, and I hope they keep it up! If we only knew how many potential attacks were noted and neutralized, many would have more respect for the great men and women who are using their great skills to help keep us safe instead of taking more lucrative, though less rewarding, private-sector jobs!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
i give them applas for doing good so far along with all the other simmiler agencies arround the world. just keep in mind that these services are relitively small and understaffed. not to mention that the groups they are generaly after can be small as well as previously unknown so keep your fingers crossed all.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Applause to AlphaHumana and drogo for crediting departments, agencies, and people who risk their lives for making the USA and the World safe. More people have to think in the "give credit, where credit is due" mode.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Where would truth, justice, freedom, liberty and indeed, the American way be without extraordinary rendition?

Extraordinary rendition is an American extra-judicial procedure which involves the sending of untried criminal suspects, generally suspected terrorists or alleged supporters of groups which the US Government considers to be terrorist organizations, to countries other than the United States for imprisonment and interrogation.

In a number of cases, such as, reportedly, that of Khalid el-Masri, the practice of "extraordinary rendition" has been applied on innocent civilians, and the CIA has reportedly launched an investigation into such cases (which it refers to as "erroneous rendition"). In el-Masri's case, he may have been mistaken for another man with a similar name, Khalid al-Masri. The introduction of the term "errorneous rendition" should not be interpreted to mean that extraordinary rendition of any intended subject is legal.

Although rendition is not new, the current US policy, of "extraordinary rendition," appears to be different in nature and its usage as tool in the US-led "war on terror" to apprehend suspected terrorists but not place them before a court of law is new.

According to Swiss councillor Dick Marty's January 2006 memorandum on "alleged detention in Council of Europe states", about a hundred persons had been kidnapped by the CIA on European territory and subsequently rendered to countries where they may have been tortured. This number of a hundred persons does not overlap, but adds itself to the U.S. detained 100 ghost detainees.

[edit on 21/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Implosion, are you saying that "Extraordinary Rendition" is an ineffective program? Whether it is "right" or not doesn't seem to be the issue of the thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What I am attempting to point out, is those who engage in torture by proxy thereby breaking every principle they claim to stand for, will never be recipients of my respect.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, kinda, but if I wanted to go all corporate I could just say that we "outsourced" our prisoners, and we had no foreknowledge of what will or would or may happen to them. I'm not corporate. I do not think it was an ineffective program, but I don't support it either. The US intel agencies did not torture people. Perhaps the US was just giving countries back their "misplaced" citizens.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Through many political debates, a strange sort of "two sided" hypocracy seems to exist. In this case, about the U.S. intelligence community, the C.I.A., N.S.A., etc. are all being verbally abused when they tout their successful, post 9/11 record. Thank God! Of course, if a successful terror attack should occur, heaven forbid, the very same intelligence community will be condemned and blasted for their failure and inefficiency.

They can't win for losing. Granted, these agencies have a tough job. Even without the Muslim extremists, they have had their hands full dealing with a variety of threats to the U.S. but come on......surely these brave men and women can be applauded for their efforts?

When an agent gets "outed", as recently occured, the pundits are all over the fact that a capable female agent has had her efforts negated through the revelation of her identity. But it is a support for the agency that only seems to exist because it tarnishes the Bush adminsitration. Otherwise, the very same people, it would seem, that have such great concerns for the "agency" are the first to condemn it as being inefficient and worthless.

Can't we just congratulate these folks in the intelligence community for the hard work that they have done and offer them our support for a continuation of their fine work? Why must everything always become a bi-partisan -- liberal vs conservative, Republican vs Democrat -- issue? Isn't there ever a time to "rally around the flag" and simply accept that there are men and women serving their country -- in and out of uniform -- who deserve our support ?

top topics

join