It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter admits to recent fake-Anthrax mailing to NYT(Possible Hoax)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
MAn Coulter should be shot, is this not an act of terrorism?

Ann Coulter admits to recent fake-Anthrax mailing to NYT

Did Coulter send the fake Anthrax? She says she did,

Coulter says she sent fake Anthrax to the New York Times (they received an envelope with white powder last week).

I have not found any other articles to support this clam so far, could be a hoax, but Wouldn't put it past her.

[edit on 20/7/2006 by Sauron]
Yes I think this may well be a hoax, I also check Brads Blog who has quite a lot on Coulter but has nothing on this.

[edit on 20/7/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Could you point me to this admission?

Your link merely claims "published reports," oh, that's right, your source is a blog.

You might want to see if there's anything credible out there.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The source of the story is Women's Wear Daily.

So Memo Pad went and asked her, sending an e-mail to her AOL account. And guess what? She not only responded, but claimed to be the sender of the mysterious powder.

"So glad to hear that The New York Times got my letter and that your friend at the Times thinks I'm funny," she wrote back. "Good luck in journalism and please send me your home address so we can stay in touch, too.

"P.S. If we get hit again, don't forget to ask the NYT if they consider themselves responsible since they have repeatedly exposed classified government programs designed to prevent another terrorist attack."

www.wwd.com...

I think she was joking. Wasn't she?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
It's not a hoax. It's from an email exchange between Jacob Bernstein and Coulter.

Yes, she's just being a smartass but it's still a pretty stupid thing to say.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
So then,

Would the "Threadline" be, I dunno, misleading?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
some one should turn her in to the Gestapo for plans of terrorism against the Father land.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm more annoyed that Ann made me use Women's Wear Daily as a source on ATS.

How embarrassing. :shk:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The original source is:
www.wwd.com...
After finding the letter, the above emailed coulter (um, why?).
Her response, according to them

So glad to hear that The New York Times got my letter and that your friend at the Times thinks I'm funny," she wrote back. "Good luck in journalism and please send me your home address so we can stay in touch, too.

"P.S. If we get hit again, don't forget to ask the NYT if they consider themselves responsible since they have repeatedly exposed classified government programs designed to prevent another terrorist attack."

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Nygdan]

Apparently 'memopad' is something like a gossip column, though its not reporting on gossip, but says it contacted her and that was her response. I don't think it can be taken as an actual admission of guilt, she must be familiar with Bernstein or the people at Memo Pad, and was joking around with them. Though, in all honesty, it really wouldn't be all that surprising if she did do it as a sort of anti-NYT publicity stunt.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Bernstein has a friend that works for the NYT. The email he sent Ann was along these lines:

"This thing makes all of Ann Coulter's comments a little less funny," said the source. "I wonder if she considers herself at all responsible when lunatics read her columns and she says that we should be killed."

It can be found in the link both of us posted.

I think, considering the question, they got a typical smart ass comment which sounds exactly like what she would say if asked that.

top topics

join