It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kofi Annan v israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
israel seem to be really pissed of with Kofi Annan's UN speech today in his speech. do you think that Kofi Annan will last much longer as leader of UN.

any thoughts

[edit on 20-7-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
A little more info on this Andy? Maybe a link to some news about this topic?

It would make it easier for us to comment.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
israeli's were really pissed of that annan did not call hez a terror group, and seemed to use the speech to have a go at israel.

i cannot give you links on israel reaction, asi watched them on news vids on the internet. you see at bottom of this page the UN ambassador from israel, comments on annan.

news.bbc.co.uk...

here is israel's Ehud Barak in a vid news interview on bbc(you may not be able to see the video outside UK)

news.bbc.co.uk...

the former israeli pm is quite strong.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here are some quotes from the BBC link Andy gives:
( news.bbc.co.uk... )

He [Kofi Annan] condemned Hezbollah for sparking the latest violence

He was fiercely critical of Israel and Hezbollah. (My emphasis)

Hezbollah's actions are deplorable (Kofi Annan)

He [Kofi Annan] demanded Hezbollah release the captured soldiers immediately

Israel states that it has no quarrel with the government or people of Lebanon, and that it is taking extreme precautions to avoid harm to them," Mr Annan said

Israel has a right to defend itself. (Kofi Annan)

In the interests of balance the BBC also reports:

He [Kofi Annan] attacked Israel for what he called its "excessive use of force".

I'm no Annan fan but frankly, that sounds pretty much fair comment to me all round.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

I'm no Annan fan but frankly, that sounds pretty much fair comment to me all round.

Fair or not, it would be interesting if Annan ticking off Israel could be of significance, since nothing so far regarding him has been.

Obviously I'm no fan of the man either.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, i like him. I happen to think that he's dignified, low key, a true Diplomat in every sense of the word. I love to hear him talk. He's the epitome of grace.
Such a prescence....Nobody can match him as far as demeanor and education.

He's a peacemaker.
I love the man...and he speaks the truth.

Kofi Bashing isnt kool. Why do you hate him? Because of accusations that were never proven? Why? He's the man.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Why do you hate him? Because of accusations that were never proven? Why? He's the man.

Well, there's a difference between hating him and not being a fan so let's keep things in proportion tempe. Why not a fan? simply because he appears to be a thoroughly ineffective SG and despite his charming manners he does not appear to command enough respect in his role.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
israel has alot of influence in usa, and new york in particular. kofi pissed of israel in what he did not call hez.

all i was saying is that country has alot of influence, and seeing as they were upset, it might in the future put his position into doubt.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Kofi annan couldnt care less- he's been there for a long time and has done a good job thru it all...He's like a good judge...he's going to call em as he sees em.
Good for him

I admire that man.

new topics

top topics

join