It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami caused by nuke testing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I always thought about this. Now it's coming up from various media sources in Egypt and some more. Here's an interesting article that brings something to mind. These tsunami's are definatly manipulated...like Katrina's dam demolition.

www.sepiamutiny.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Please explain why the tsunamis are 'definitely' manipulated? Tsunamis are caused by the movement of the earth, why does one need a nuke to create them????

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well... I would say a nuke could probly cause the movement of plates.

I've wondered about it myself. Afterall, they want to control the heavens.

Why not the sea?

There's a major depopulation movement going on out there.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think there was some discussion about this possibility after the tsunami hit.

Here's what my search turned up:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ok DToM, I obviously havn't read the links you offered (thx, by the way); what do you think of the possiblity?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I haven't read all of those links, either.

But, my opinion is that it is a natural occurring phenomena. I think we tend to try to give credit to humans for all too many natural events. The earth has been here much longer than we have and lived through all manner of trauma. Many times greater than this tsunami.

I think people for various reasons try to place blame for natural disasters.
The media. Politicians. Religions. Environmentalists. These groups all want to place responsibility on others for these natural events.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What you're saying is true, however, you don't give enuff credit to those who have agendas that are too nefarous to discuss in polite company.

I have learned through experience that things go on that most of us think are science fiction and fairy tale.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I admit that a lot of what you say is true. There are those who rule who play games with our lives. We are kept in the dark and in fear to be controlled.

I just think that earthquake/tsunami events were natural.

But, if by some chance those in power DID do something like this, it would be no test. It would be on purpose. :shk:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Neat idea, but the math is all wrong...

The amount of energy expended to not only move that much earth, but also move that much water is ENORMOUS! Even larger than the explosion of the Tsar Bomba (50 mt). So the nuclear device would have to be enormous as well, even with modernized technology.

On top of that, why hasn't anyone reported an increase in radioactive material in the water? Why are there not signs of radiation poisoning in the people, plants, animals, etc in the near by regions? Why did none of the nuclear blast reporting satellites pick up the blast? On top of that, how did they manage to drill the enormous bomb to a depth of 30 km (18.6 mi), which was the depth of the epicenter of the quake, much less under all that water? How could they transport a bomb that size to the location? How could the hide all the infrastructure needed to go with the bomb?

I can go on here, really...

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, you ask good questions. What is the data on all that?

I am in no way saying I don't think a natural phenomenon occured.

I'm saying it could have been that, or something else. With these guys in charge for the last five years, I can tell you, I think anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My point was that there is no data pointing to an increase in radaition, or radiation sickness, or that a nuclear device was detonated, or that there was some massive drilling operation at sea to deliver this, or that such a large bomb was even created, or anything like that.

Neither Israel nor India are members of the NPT... Nothing would stop them from detonating such a large device out in the open if they wanted to, so why all the secrecy? We know, for a fact, that India has nuclear arms and it's highly certain that Israel does as well.

And don't you think that if such a large bomb were detonated the Russian and Chinese would have come out right away and said what happened?

Also, large earthquakes/tsunamis have happened in the past and they'll no doubt happen again. Were the ones from before caused by such large WMDs?

If it had happened during a non-Republican President's administration, would you still be commenting on there being some connection? All politicians are crooked, the ones that arn't never get anywhere, and that's a fact. So I really think you should leave your bias at the door.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Belive it or not I've been a lifelong conservative Republican. I am now a progressive, however. The GOP I used 2 B is dead.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well I think that raising the earth's plates with a nuke is the only way such a device could create a tsunami. Because although nuclear devices could potentially be built to be quite powerful, they're no good for tsunami's. Simply because in order to create a tsunami you basically need to displace a lot of water. Now although an explosion could do that you'd need to remove the thermal blast.

Otherwise you're basically just evaporating the majority of the water in the blast radius. Needless to say if it's turned into steam it's not going to conduct the kinetic energy nearly as well, plus it'll be fighting the implosion effect.

Although on the otherhand it might be possible to use a large nuclear device to implode a lot of water in an area that's not too deep. That might not harm the shoreline, but you might take down a few ships in the process. So although it's not much good for devestating cities a large thermal blast might potentially be used for sinking an entire fleet in a relatively shallow area.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Oh, for the love of God

That Boxing Day 2004 tsunami was caused by a magnitude 9.0 earthquake. That is one huge earthquake, and it was perfectly capable of generating the tsunami that was subsequently observed. We don't need any nuclear bombs to cause them, so why is anyone wasting their time with such a silly conspiracy theory ?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
this is just another attempt to start blaming the apparatuses of state, for death.

huge earthquakes happened all the time, before we had nuke technology

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Well... I would say a nuke could probly cause the movement of plates.

It wouldn't.

Nukes, tremendous as they are, are a pittiance compared to the energies involved.

things go on that most of us think are science fiction and fairy tale.

That doesn't mean that there must be an unnatural explanation for a natural event. Its a weird world, movements of the crust, with fantastic energies, cause monster waves. Truth is stranger than fiction.

mogget
That is one huge earthquake, and it was perfectly capable of generating the tsunami [...]. We don't need any nuclear bombs to cause them

I don' tthink that the suggestion is that a nuke was set off oppurtunistically as the earthquake happened in order to create a tsunami. Rather, the claim is that a nuke was used to create the quake.
The energies invovled just don't match up though, its like suggesting that dust falls on a gun, pushed the trigger and fired a bullet.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
Oh, for the love of God

That Boxing Day 2004 tsunami was caused by a magnitude 9.0 earthquake. That is one huge earthquake, and it was perfectly capable of generating the tsunami that was subsequently observed. We don't need any nuclear bombs to cause them, so why is anyone wasting their time with such a silly conspiracy theory ?

Its not a theory at all if it's being written in gazettes, tabloids, and other international alternative and mainstream news. The Tsunami's have been happening around our planet for a long time yea, but I think what the whole purpose of nuclear weapon in water detonation is to "warm" the water. The radiation levels are there, we don't live close to indonesia to realize it. Those people are still dying from plagues that no one even knows about or cares since the populations there are poor. To create a hurricane, you need extra warm water. A little bit of extra cloud seeding techniques that farmers use to create rain for crops , some cold air and warm water give you a recipe for a hurricane fabrication. Warming the water people.....now you know why we have global warming. It's not natural...it's happening because of us and all of the Nuclear weapon testing doen throughout the world. They are done underwater, on the ground...in antartica...where the glaciers dissipate and melt like icecubes in your drink.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So if I start writing in a bunch of tabloids, journals, and other things that have not even a TINY bit of proof to back them up, it's not a theory? Strange, I always thought that to move past the theory and into fact area there had to be PROOF not just a bunch of people writing about it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

[edit on 7/21/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think the reason people are beginning to ask questions about the origins of the recent tsunamis is due to the fact that they appear to be increasing in number over the last few years.

I have wondered myself if the number was increasing or if we are simply hearing about them more now due to the increased speed that media can carry news these days.

However, having looked a little into this, it seems there truly is increased tectonic activity, and not just on the Indian/Asian plates but in fact across the world.

This is worrying as there is evidence that suggests there could be a chain event on the horizon, that could create massive damage to our coast lines.

The evidence suggests that one quake could cause ripples through the magma, shock waves bouncing around the earths interior triggering other seismic events. If the plates are stacked right we could see a domino effect.

BTW

The only way you could cause a tsunami with a nuke would be to either

a) Topple an already stacked plate set to move anyway
b) multiple horizontal synchronised explosions just near the surface of the sea floor.

Though I fail to see why anyone would want to do such a thing as there are more efficient ways of destroying than to create a tsunami anyway.

The only other conspiracy that could cause the tsunami's and in fact the other freakish weather we have been having of late, and that’s the HAARP project. Weather Manipulation satellite. Though I don't believe that it really exists.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I have not heard about the nuclear explosions theory, but I do remember reading in the New Zealand papers that Australia had allowed oil companies to drill pretty much anywhere they wanted. About 30 days before the tsunami, some oil company drilled 25 MILES in the ocean into the Earth's core. Don't know if that had anything to do with it, but it might.

As to HAARP, I don't know what to think but Congress passed a law making weather modification legal or some such, if I remember correctly. Why would they do that if they're not modifying the weather or at least thinking about it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join