It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Facts on Islam Revealed Here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cletus_Lives
Also, I'd like to hear more Imams screaming at the media that this is "NOT ISLAM". which of course, I am not seeing.

I can answer why this is happenening. The imams here in GA have requested numerous times to be interviewed by the media, such as CNN and Fox, to state that what organizations such as the Taliban and Al Queda are doing is against what Islam teaches. They were declined many times, for an interview. Pretty much, the media would like to focus on the bad side of people who claim to be Muslim, than actual scholars and Imams who dispute what the terrosist organizations are doing.

crt

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So I guess the media reports isn't enough to convince you?
Maybe check on the history of how the Islamic nations became Muslim in the first place and you will have an answer.

This is not a hate post, trying to be politically correct here, just the facts mam.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by Cletus_Lives
Also, I'd like to hear more Imams screaming at the media that this is "NOT ISLAM". which of course, I am not seeing.

I can answer why this is happenening. The imams here in GA have requested numerous times to be interviewed by the media, such as CNN and Fox, to state that what organizations such as the Taliban and Al Queda are doing is against what Islam teaches. They were declined many times, for an interview. Pretty much, the media would like to focus on the bad side of people who claim to be Muslim, than actual scholars and Imams who dispute what the terrosist organizations are doing.

I am quite suprised to hear this, especially from CNN. You would think that this would put this in a more human light. I don't know what angle they would be working by ignoring these people...

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by crt
So I guess the media reports isn't enough to convince you?
Maybe check on the history of how the Islamic nations became Muslim in the first place and you will have an answer.

This is not a hate post, trying to be politically correct here, just the facts mam.

But where are the LINKS and the references? Every time I go searching, I get more "anti" than anything else, and not much trying to post just straight history on the people. There always seems to be an angle. I guess it's the same for me to search out history of Christianity without getting "pro" or "con".

Any good reading out there?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Islam spread like most other propagandistic religions, by force, influence,and 'genuine' conversions. The Christians burned pagan documents and razed christian temples. Buddhist Kings pushed the religion on their public with their stature, and islam spread by the sword. Even Judaism, which isn't a propagandistic religion (iow, one that seeks out new converts), spread by the destroying everyone else around them. Europe was to christianity what Canaan was to the Hebrews, and the middle east was to islam the same.

Regardless, all of those religions require their members to be humane, peaceable, just.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
last panels wanted me to convert to christianity....

i'm really against the bs (i'd spell it out fully if i wasn't afraid of the authoritarian mod system)

they aren't good muslims

you wouldn't call an israeli soldier that burnt an entire POPULATED villaige of women and children down a good jew because of what's in deuterotomy would you?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
last panels wanted me to convert to christianity....

i'm really against the bs (i'd spell it out fully if i wasn't afraid of the authoritarian mod system)

they aren't good muslims

you wouldn't call an israeli soldier that burnt an entire POPULATED villaige of women and children down a good jew because of what's in deuterotomy would you?

Not at all, and in the old testament, there are some crazy stories AND some very old ideas that do not wash these days. Obviously, the Koran has those verses too.

Only in this case, you see some of the old Koran in today's news. Many could argue that Isreal is simply going back to it's Old Testament roots, but if you read some of the barbaric stuff in there, I would beg to differ. Indescriminate bombing aside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join