It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla Roadster

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I hear sugarcane can handle high heat, high humidity enviroments.
Perhaps even a "modified" (and extensively tested of course) crop could be developed.

Yeah, I know FFW vehicles fuel economy is bad, but development could change that, especially if in a hybrid setup(another stepping stone to EV).

:sigh: We really should have been at this point 5 years ago....

[edit on 13-8-2006 by sardion2000]

apc

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
hehehe development could change a lot of things

And I'd say 30 years ago!

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
hehehe development could change a lot of things

And I'd say 30 years ago!

I said 5 because LiIon batteries for laptops have been around quite a while now.
Battery technology has been very slow to catch up with our IT and Transportation Needs.

I'll stop after this post because I'm getting into too many whatifs and maybes, but I like to do it, I just can't help meself.

NEways, here is a rough sketch of how I think the transportation market will look like in 15 years. (The Medium Term)

EVs will have a range of roughly 400 miles by this time with unparelleled performance and proliferating faster then SUVs did in the 90s. They will have captured a 15% foothold in the market by this time and will be growing in near double and in some regions triple digits as costs of batteries come soaring down as their capacity rises towards the limit allowed by known physics. This transition will go semi-smoothly with various international tension flaming and cooling over a long period of time(sending Oil oscillating in the process). The more unpredicable the Oil markets became, the faster people started to switch over to alternatives like Mass Transit, Hybrid Flexi-fuel and Man-powered transportation methods. A lot of experimental hits and misses will happen during this time, which will remind a lot of old timers of the years leading up to the dot-com boom.

The politics at this time will be a given for all. Dependance on Petrol, is dependance on Tyranny and Dictatorships in oil rich foreign nations and Environmental degredation in western nation from shale exploration will force the markets hand by this time.

We are already seeing the first effects now with all the new ideas and potential innovations being bandied about now. Many will falter and fail if history is any reliable guide, but I can't wait to see who comes out on top. Let's just say this time around, my money is not on the Oil Industry(the holdovers, not the Energy Companies that try to make a buck wherever possible now).

The Darkhorse in all this is whether Clean Coal can live up to the hype or not. Can it really deliver what it promises, especially with innovations in Bioremediation of coal exhaust via algae.

Lot's of speculative ideas abound.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I found this Article whilst I was looking for more info on this Telsa Roadster. I thinks its a great way to go about this. Sell a fast, good looking and green (not to mention Expensive) car to the Rich people that can afford it, and use the cash to develop a cheaper version for the adverage family/person.

If you want to appear 'Green' and had a choice - dumpy electric car or a Roadster like this.. what would you choose?

Article on the Tesla Roadster - with Video

-Keeval-

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Keeval]

[edit on 13-8-2006 by Keeval]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join