It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuate Lebanon before invasion begins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I cant find any information to back this theory up, but doesn't it seem logical that Israel would allow anyone who wishes to leave the time to do so, before a full ground offensive takes place?

And this is why all news broadcasts are now focusing on the evacuations of non-lebanese and dual-lebanese citizens before Israel launches its ground offensive?

Is a full force ground offensive about to take place after all the evacuees have left?

I'd be interested in your views ....

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Burginthorn]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
...this is why all news broadcasts are now focusing on the evacuations ...?

IMO opinion the evacuation coverage is being used as the perfect excuse for the mainstream media to avoid covering the attrocities taking place.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
lets really put it this way, they are not really news agencies are they. if anything happens in this world, we have to be bombarded with propaganda.

your opinion does have something to it. why would they evacuate a whole country of foreign nationals, if something was not coming after.

we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
From what I understand is that many of the Lebonese people support and revere the Hezbollah as hero's.
Besides which where would the Lebonese go providing they wanted out? Their infrastructure is so weak as it is how would thier gov support it?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Watching News now - its looking more and more likely that a ground invasion is soon on the cards.

"Israel has warned civilians to flee the south of Lebanon "immediately", as fears mount that it is preparing a ground invasion of its neighbour."

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2006/07/21/uinvasion.xml

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I can definitely see a major Israeli ground offensive happening, with troops taking towns and villages.

Already there are Israeli troops inside the Lebanon border:

Original Source
Troops are also fighting Hezbollah inside southern Lebanon, and Israel has told people to leave the area, warning of a possible large-scale incursion.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And interestingly, Israel has warned of a "large-scale incursion" , defined as;

Original Source
An aggressive entrance into foreign territory; a raid or invasion.

The act of entering another's territory or domain.

I think within the next week, when all foreign nationals wanting to leave have, Israel will invade.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Conspirator_101]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
From what I've read and heard on SW, Israel is encouraging all civilians in southern Lebanon to flee. Since the rocket attacks are continuing into Israel they clearly feel that they have to sanitize the southern part of the country to stop those attacks.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
What with all the fighting going on in S. Lebanon, I don't think I'd have to wait for the IDF to tell me to leave. Common sense tells you to get out of the line of fire.:shk:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bombers8
What with all the fighting going on in S. Lebanon, I don't think I'd have to wait for the IDF to tell me to leave. Common sense tells you to get out of the line of fire.:shk:

you gotta remember things are never that simple. some people would never leave there homes under any circumstances, also how do they get away from those areas etc. i understand yur point though.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Was just watching FOX news on cable, and the reporter was saying Hezbollah fighters have set up road blocks forbidding lebanese citizens from leaving southern Lebanon

Im trying to dig up some linkage on this, but its proving a little difficult atm as it was broadcast as "breaking news" and probably will take some time before it hits the net.

But if it is true, that Hezbollah fighters have set up road blocks forbidding people to flee southern Lebanon, then it adds much credence to Israels claims of Hezbollah using civilians as human shields.

If anyone else has a link to this breaking news, please post it.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
you gotta remember things are never that simple. some people would never leave there homes under any circumstances, also how do they get away from those areas etc. i understand yur point though.

You're right - the same thing happened when the Marines tried to evacuate Fallujah. Some people absolutely refused to leave.

from Burginthorn
Was just watching FOX news on cable, and the reporter was saying Hezbollah fighters have set up road blocks forbidding lebanese citizens from leaving southern Lebanon

I had heard the same thing - read it in an article, as a matter of fact. It specifically said that Hezbollah was preventing Christians from leaving their neighborhoods.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit...here's a link. Not the one I saw yesterday. but a link nonetheless.
This editor is frustrating!!

The IDF has found that Hizbullah is preventing civilians from leaving villages in southern Lebanon. Roadblocks have been set up outside some of the villages to prevent residents from leaving, while in other villages Hizbullah is preventing UN representatives from entering, who are trying to help residents leave. In two villages, exchanges of fire between residents and Hizbullah have broken out.
www.hyscience.com...

[edit on 21-7-2006 by bombers8]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the link bombers8

Im still watching the news and there's not much being reported on this atm.

I only hope IF Israel do go into southern Lebanon, they allow those who do not wish to fight refuge from the violence by allowing them safe passage out of there.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have faith that they will. They will be watching the line for members of Hezbollah who are trying to escape, however.

But they have stated that they have no quarrel with the Lebanese people. And they are allowing aid to flow into Lebanon:

Israel to allow humanitarian supplies into Lebanon
Israel's ambassador to the United Nations, Danny Gillerman, said Friday that Israel will allow humanitarian supplies into Lebanon.

Gillerman said he expected a humanitarian corridor for food, medicine and other supplies to be opened later Friday or Saturday.

Israel has imposed an air and sea blockade of Lebanon which has cut off transport links, but has not stopped foreign countries from evacuating their nationals. Israel has come under intense international pressure to get food, medicine and humanitarian aid to the Lebanese people.
www.haaretz.com...

new topics

top topics

join