It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuees moaning about being helped out!

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I take back everything i said on the "US charges for evacuation" thread where i was on fence whether or not people should be charged $150 for being evacuated. There are certain people who i think SHOULD definately be charged!

Fox News are interviewing evacuees and it's amazing how many are so ungratefull that they were brought back! Moaning that the rescue was slow and numerous other ungratefull reactions.

Sorry but i was'nt aware that it was compulsory to get on those ships?

In future, sort your own way out of a war zone and lets see how far you get!

CX.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
yep but seeing what has happened in the past, if there are americans in that area, they are placing themselves under threat.

the government has to take the option for them.

CX

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Fair one but from what i saw, there was'nt exactly too much of a choice of ways out of there was there? The airport is'nt an option, and to be honest, the road trip does'nt sound too appealing!

They got on those ships for a couple of reasons, they had to......and it was the best, the only and the quickest option available.

Like it or lump it as my mum used to say!

CX.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
They didn't "have to" get onto the ships. They could have stayed in Beirut if they had wanted.

Though I agree that they should have to pay to have their butts saved. I don't see why that's so surprising, honestly... For example, if you get yourself stuck in your chimney because you thought you could clean it yourself, you're going to get billed for the rescue. Expect this time, instead of a chimney, it was they thought it was a good idea to vacation in a highly unstable region...

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well lets just hope you are never in a situation like that and it takes a week for your country to come to your aid. Meanwhile other countries had initiated evacuations quickly . If they are American citizens , remember, they are not used to having bombs dropped around them and its very stressful. Guess you would have to be there to know how it feels. Minutes would probably seem like days.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Well lets just hope you are never in a situation like that and it takes a week for your country to come to your aid. Meanwhile other countries had initiated evacuations quickly.

I agree that I hope I'm never in that sort of a situation. Then again, I'm not dumb enough to go vacationing in the Middle East (or any other wartorn region, for that matter.)

As for other countries taking less time? Great for them! How many people did they have to evacuate? How far were they traveling? Besides, if the US had been there to evacuate right away then all we'd be hearing about would be how this was all planned out by the US and Israel...

If they are American citizens , remember, they are not used to having bombs dropped around them and its very stressful. Guess you would have to be there to know how it feels. Minutes would probably seem like days.

You're right, I don't know how that would feel. Then again, I never claimed to know, now did I? Also, I think your comment directed at solely American citizens is a bit... biased. I doubt that anyone is "used to" bombs being dropped around them, and that it would be very stressful.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The US has been posting advisories againts traveling to this area for over 20 plus years. The people still made the decision to go over there. Now they are mad cause they are not being rescued fast enough. Seems to me if you made the choice to go over to a dangerous area like that, you knew what could happen.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure they're aggravated first, by thinking they had to pay for it while the US does not mind spending Gazillions in Iraq's bogus war, Secondly the slow response....People get fed up.
This is another Katrina-like deal.

top topics

join