It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture of an Alien...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Another mystery is;

Why are these people bundled up for harsh cold weather in Missouri in April?

I haven't looked up the actual temp in MO that day, but they look way too cold.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Dr. Michael Wolf claimed that this is an actual photograph of his "Grey" friend named Kolta.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Diplomat]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   
And here is a picture of what Wolf claims to be a Pleiadian named Sa Ra...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This photo has been debunked years ago. Look at the position of the men's hands-- they were pushing a baby carriage or something. And in the one version, you can see how the area is lighter around the alien. If it was true, would it really be paraded around in public, and wouldn't someone come forward with some corroborating testimony?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidbones
i remember hearing that it is just a shaved monkey used in an apirl fools day prank. But I cant help but wonder about the flaps of skin in the armpit area. has anyone heard the backstory to the photo?

i think you are right.
if you notice this being have too long arms ( not those of humain, but those of a monkey)
the hands and the feet are hidden!!!!! i wonder why!!!!???

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Its a fake. not only was the object that the people were carrying in the photo airbrushed out but the so called "alien" was inserted by using whats called "matchbook" method in film effects. look at the position of the two guys hands. they are positioned as if they were carrying a "stretcher" which was used to carry victims of thing that somone would take a picture of. as far as the story goes "who knows" but puting this photo to it "which reminds me of an old cut out from "NATIONAL ENQUIRER" mag".. Only hurts the story in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I wonder if john lear still finds this picture to be legit?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
In the first pic both of the 'aliens' legs seem to be normal

However, in the second pic posted (the clearer one) there is a huge jagged line coming from the right leg of the 'alien'. This jagged line doesn't seem to be running through the picture horizontally as the legs on the other people remain looking the same.

I'm guessing the second picture posted here is actually the original due to its clarity.

May be this could be a case of tampering?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ugly little thing!!! If it's an alien, I hope it's never going to visit earth again!!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That picture has been around for years and as others continues to pop up.
It's of such poor quality and looks so badly doctored without analysis. Rands points are very sound, but it's easier to sweep rational analysis for wishful thinking.

In the meantime - where are the modern day alien pics being poses so boldly in public? Yeah - I thought not. It's too bad ATS does not have a system for filing images/videos that have been explained. I guess if there was such a system, the whole genre would filter down to a inmperceptable trickle.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Originally posted by onbekend59

I'm definately teetering.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If you think that picture is "real," you are wanting to believe far too much.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Hi John,

If you are already teetering in relation to this photo, perhaps I can give you a gentle push...

The photograph of the two men in trenchcoats with the "alien" between them has appeared in several books.

For example, the picture itself appears (with a brief discussion) in Margaret Sachs "UFO Encylopedia at page 75, which mentions that the article relating to the photograph appeared in a Cologne newspaper published around the 1950s.

The photo is discussed in considerably more detail by Jenny Randles and Peter Hough in their “Looking for the Aliens” (1991) at pages 173 (in Chapter 19) of the Blandford softcover edition. The most informative discussion of the photo that I could recall is in this book.

The relevant few paragraphs (from pages 173-174) which are set out below for ease of reference.

Originally written by Jenny Randles and Peter Hough in their “Looking for the Aliens”
"A photograph similar to the Wiesbaden hoax stems from about 1952 and shows two 'security men' in trench coats leading off a tiny figure, some 2 or 3 feet (nearly 1 metre) tall. It is completely naked and weirder looking than the one from Germany. There has been speculation that this is a monkey with all its hair shaved off, although the face looks chillingly human. Until very recently nothing was known about the origin of this dubious image. Now, thanks to the Scandinavian UFO Information team and their publication UFO-Nyt, we have some possible answers."

"Ole Henningsen reports various enquiries into the so-called 'silver-man' photograph. For example, commercial artist Claus Westh-Henrichsen had studied it in great detail and found many problems. For instance, he notes that the hand positions of the 'security men' indicate that they were gripping a rigid object. After carrying out tests, he proposes that they were actually pushing a pram!"

"Similarly, it appears that by examining the feet of the two security men and the alien (not fully visible on the print), it transpires that the alien would have to be floating above the ground."

"For these and a host of other reasons, Westh-Henrichsen is certain that the picture is another hoax, formed from an amalgam of a shot of the two men and the 'pram', with the 'alien' superimposed over it."

"Meanwhile Han-Werner Peiniger from a West German UFO group alleges that it is yet another April Fool's joke and notes that the authors are G Falscht and R Logen, which in English is similar to D Bunker and A Fraud (in fact, literal translations would be 'forged' and 'make-believe'). So another classic photograph appears to bite the dust".

So, you might mind to track down the UFO-Nyt article discussed by Jenny. I could have sworn I'd read it (or at least a discussion of the "pram" point) online somewhere within the last couple of years, but a couple of swift Google searches have not found it so far.

If anyone wants further references, just let me know.

All the best,

Isaac Koi

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet
it does have that Weekly World News quailty to it.

lol yeah, its just bat boy with his wings clipped

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
it is an interesting pic... Ive seen this pic many times over the years.
I know the ebes come in all shapes and sizes but the proportions just look...off.

and I always wondered...is he wearing a codpiece??? lol.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by johnlear

Hi John,

If you are already teetering in relation to this photo, perhaps I can give you a gentle push...

The photograph of the two men in trenchcoats with the "alien" between them has appeared in several books.

For example, the picture itself appears (with a brief discussion) in Margaret Sachs "UFO Encylopedia at page 75, which mentions that the article relating to the photograph appeared in a Cologne newspaper published around the 1950s.

The photo is discussed in considerably more detail by Jenny Randles and Peter Hough in their “Looking for the Aliens” (1991) at pages 173 (in Chapter 19) of the Blandford softcover edition. The most informative discussion of the photo that I could recall is in this book.

The relevant few paragraphs (from pages 173-174) which are set out below for ease of reference.

Originally written by Jenny Randles and Peter Hough in their “Looking for the Aliens”
"A photograph similar to the Wiesbaden hoax stems from about 1952 and shows two 'security men' in trench coats leading off a tiny figure, some 2 or 3 feet (nearly 1 metre) tall. It is completely naked and weirder looking than the one from Germany. There has been speculation that this is a monkey with all its hair shaved off, although the face looks chillingly human. Until very recently nothing was known about the origin of this dubious image. Now, thanks to the Scandinavian UFO Information team and their publication UFO-Nyt, we have some possible answers."

"Ole Henningsen reports various enquiries into the so-called 'silver-man' photograph. For example, commercial artist Claus Westh-Henrichsen had studied it in great detail and found many problems. For instance, he notes that the hand positions of the 'security men' indicate that they were gripping a rigid object. After carrying out tests, he proposes that they were actually pushing a pram!"

"Similarly, it appears that by examining the feet of the two security men and the alien (not fully visible on the print), it transpires that the alien would have to be floating above the ground."

"For these and a host of other reasons, Westh-Henrichsen is certain that the picture is another hoax, formed from an amalgam of a shot of the two men and the 'pram', with the 'alien' superimposed over it."

"Meanwhile Han-Werner Peiniger from a West German UFO group alleges that it is yet another April Fool's joke and notes that the authors are G Falscht and R Logen, which in English is similar to D Bunker and A Fraud (in fact, literal translations would be 'forged' and 'make-believe'). So another classic photograph appears to bite the dust".

So, you might mind to track down the UFO-Nyt article discussed by Jenny. I could have sworn I'd read it (or at least a discussion of the "pram" point) online somewhere within the last couple of years, but a couple of swift Google searches have not found it so far.

If anyone wants further references, just let me know.

All the best,

Isaac Koi

I hereby fall on my sword. Good bye cruel world. May the great soul catcher on the moon give me a fair shake.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
It looks bronzed or golden to me.

It wouldn,t just be a statue taken from some thing like jesus on a cross would it?

Sounds like you've solved this mystery as far as I'm concerned! The funny thing is that its that particular picture that got me intersted in the whole UFO / Alien / unexplained thing in the 1st place....damn I've came full circle!

Wayne...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Interesting pic ... in my (limited) research on EBEs I have suprisingly never come across this picture.

Without reading all the background info in the thread, what bugs me right off the bat is how "clear" the EBE's face is. Notice all the shadowing on the faces of the people? Kinda reminds me of how a picture today would look using a contrast filter in photoshop (I use them often for pop-art style stuff in web design). However, the EBE appears to be missing any kind of face shadow found on the humans. Also the legs don't have the same shadowing pattern of the humans. If you look at the woman directly behind and the man to the right, it appears that the sun is above and to the left (shadows are predominantly on the right sides of faces and the right hand side of the left-most coat). The EBE however seems to have a neutral shadow ... there is no more shadowing on the right sides of it's legs than the left sides.

Now this is all just my opinion (without any of the bg on the pic) and I am no photographics expert, but it just looked "off" from the getgo for me.

Now assuming it IS old and was doctored back when it was taken, that's still a huge feat. It's pretty convincing now ... must have been taken as the real deal back in the day.

EDIT: haha ... went back and read the comments about it being debunked already

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If that's an alien then lets kick their butts and take their space saucers. They apparently don't do well here and are obviously quite small. Galaxy Earth! Who's with me?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
if it is an alien... poor thing looks starved to near death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join