It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Hizbollah Spokesman Mojtaba Bigdeli Says They Are Ready To Attack U.S. and Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The spokesman for Iran's Hizbollah, Mojtaba Bigdeli, has stated that they have 2,000 registered volunteers that will attack the United States and Israel once Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Khamenei, gives the green light. Although the Iranian regime has claimed that they are not funding Hizbollah anymore, if there are any attacks from these volunteers, it will show the contrary, since Hizbollah will only make these attacks once Ayatollah Khamenei gives them the go ahead.

today.reuters.com
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's Hizbollah, which claims links to the Lebanese group of the same name, said on Tuesday it stood ready to attack Israeli and U.S. interests worldwide.

"We have 2,000 volunteers who have registered since last year," said Iranian Hizbollah's spokesman Mojtaba Bigdeli, speaking by telephone from the central seminary city of Qom.

"They have been trained and they can become fully armed. We are ready to dispatch them to every corner of the world to jeopardise Israel and America's interests. We are only waiting for the Supreme Leader's green light to take action. If America wants to ignite World War Three ... we welcome it," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If Ayatollah Khamenei gives the go ahead and these attacks happen, this will certainly lead to a much bigger war in Lebanon and even Iran.

i guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Muaddib]

[edit on 20-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Before the conflict I would call it saber rattling but Im not sure anymore. These groups are becoming ever more extreme and forfilling of their words. I cant help but say "maybe this time they wont BS". Not my call but I would say take it seriously to at least be prepared for it.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Bring it!! They all seem so eager to die for their cause. Well, the American military loves nothing more than killing people wanting to die. Sounds to me like a bad idea for any terrorist regime to do anything like this. I mean realistically, what do they hope to accomplish from this, aside from dying? Because they DO know that that's what's going to happen, don't they???????!?!!?!?!

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I get the impression that Khameni would never give the go ahead to start attacking the US, he's a moderate, or at least moderate enough to not want to be vapourized by a bomb.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Another proof the Hizbullah's loyalty is the Iran and not Lebanon

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:51 AM
link   
JudahMaccabbi - hez in iran is supposed to be a different group, although they have the same name as the one in lebanon, the news reckoned they had some connections, but were not the same group.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well, normally i'd say its BS, but we ARE going to be attacked. How could we NOT be?

Take cover, it will come like a thief in the night.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
They're talking a big game, but I suspect the last thing Hezbollah wants is direct US participation in this conflict. The only party that wants to see the US joining the fray is Israel, and I'd be wary of possible Mossad false-flag attacks intended to bring that about. Israel would like nothing more than to see the US take down Syria and Iran for them, as we've done in Iraq.

[edit on 7/20/06 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hear is something else I read from another thread that might also play into all of this.

www.c-span.org...,I;&ArchiveDays=100&Page=4

The interview is for 3 hours 45 minutes, I won't be able to see it tonight.

What i did find interesting at the beginning of the hearing, at about 48 minutes into the hearing they talk about Iranian, Afgahnistani, Iraqi and other middle eastern men were aprehended trying to get into the U.S. illegally.

Not really to pretty to think about, but it could be hapening.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Military speaking it would be suicide for them to want to engage the US; then again that is what they prefer. I agree with Nygdan though, Khamenei has too much to loose to let a group like Hezbollah bring about his end. The Israelis on the other had have every reason to want the US involved so they’re the ones to watch, they’ve tied to get us into one of their wars before so I wouldn’t put it past them.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
9/11 kind of stirred the hornets nest. Some say it led to Afganhistan and Iraq II.

They were doing similar type bragging about an endless rain of rockets (I guess 10,000 rockets seems like an endless supply
)

Then killing/capturing of 10 Israelis soliders... Yeah, that sure seems to have worked out for Hezbollah/Lebanon.

2000 'volunteers'?

Please tell me the Iranians are not that stupid.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
On the contrary, the Iranian regime would love if the United States and half or all the world gets involved in a war, this would certainly bring chaos to the world which is the one way they can "pave the way for the 12th Imam."

Israel is a small country, they would have everything to lose if there is a mayor conflict in the area, because you can be certain that Russia and China will enter the fray. Israel might be a powerful military force, but it is a small country.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Err... 2,000 volunteers?

They're having a laugh... right?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So 2,000 volunteers to be suicide bombers disguising themselves as civilians and running around in the western world are no threat?....

I remember when 19 suicide bombers killed over 3,000 Americans....not to mention the bombings in Spain, and Britain among others....

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
So 2,000 volunteers to be suicide bombers disguising themselves as civilians and running around in the western world are no threat?....

I remember when 19 suicide bombers killed over 3,000 Americans....not to mention the bombings in Spain, and Britain among others....

And so does everyone else, which is why it'll never happen again. Have you heard of any plane hijackings since 9/11? Yeah, me neither. I think that point here is moot.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
How do we know that this isn't a set up and the inevitable excuse for the US and Israel to attack Iran? Because it sure as heck sounds like it.

Although the Iranian regime has claimed that they are not funding Hizbollah anymore, if there are any attacks from these volunteers, it will show the contrary, since Hizbollah will only make these attacks once Ayatollah Khamenei gives them the go ahead.

Give me a break. This Iranian "Hizbollah" doesn't seem to be doing too well on the communication front here. It sounds almost insulting to my intelligence.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
How do we know that this isn't a set up and the inevitable excuse for the US and Israel to attack Iran? Because it sure as heck sounds like it.

Do you have any evidence to prove your claim? If you don't then you are speculating, nothing more.

Originally posted by Xeros
Give me a break. This Iranian "Hizbollah" doesn't seem to be doing too well on the communication front here. It sounds almost insulting to my intelligence.

so tell us how much do you know about the Hizbollah cells in the U.S.? What do you know about Hizbollah in general? Do you have any concrete evidence that dismisses what is stated in the original article?....

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
He could tell them [Ayatollah to the 2,000 REGISTERED volunteers]: "Go to the US, it's a free country, do as you will."

That would take the heat off him and slap it right back in the face of our diplomatic efforts to bring Democracy and freedom to the ME.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hear is a little more information as to why Hezbollah says they are capable of doing what they say.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Hear is a little more information as to why Hezbollah says they are capable of doing what they say.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

REPLY: The info in the link certainly needs more research.

Check back later............

top topics

<<   2 >>

join