If Hezb'allah are so dangerous ...

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Why hasn't the US, or any other country, called for or organized to evacuate any citizens they may have in Israel ?

I mean, with them being terrorists and a big threat to Israel and all

It is something I have wondered about since we first heard of the evacuations from Beirut, and I did hear one reporter asked the question, on NBC I think, if there were to be any evacuations of US citizens in Israel and the answer was a simple 'No" and that was the end of that discussion.

I personally feel it is because they're not really threatened by Hezb'allah and because Israel are about to unload on Lebanon on a grand scale, and this is known by the US, UK etc .. leaders, hence the evacuations only from Lebanon.

I'd like to hear your opinions (intelligent responses only thanks) and apologize if this has been covered already and if it has a link please ?

[edit on 19-7-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Reason 1: Half of Israel has American Dual-Citizenship

Reason 2: Hezbollah is no match to Israel, Syria and Iran maybe, but Hezbollah, no.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Augmenter
Reason 1: Half of Israel has American Dual-Citizenship

Reason 2: Hezbollah is no match to Israel, Syria and Iran maybe, but Hezbollah, no.

I understand that most have dual citizenship but I'm sure majority of those evacuated from lebanon are also.

I guess my concern is, and to address your 2nd reason which I agree with to an extent, for the civilians there. Although they are not being hit as hard as the Lebanese are, surely it is enough of a concern to want to at least move them out of the area's being targeted ? Sure they are no match for Israel but they are doing damage if only on a small scale. Doesn't this show there is less concern for the people there as opposed to the great concern shown for those in Lebanon ?

I was just unnerved that were was not even a mention of it being a concern.

P.S cool quote, I was gonna use that one lol

[edit on 19-7-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hezbollah is not much of a threat. There are lots of places around the world that are extremely dangerous, they're not all about to be evacuated. Lebanon is being evacuated because its in a state of war. If there was an invasion of Israel, there'd be similar offers to evacuate american citizens. I suspect that the only people leaving would be tourists in such an instance.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Now that makes it easier to understand, thanks Nygdan

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Augmenter

Israel withdrew from Lebanon because Hezbollah were making Lebanon Israel's Vietnam.

Israel are reluctant to cross the border at the moment, only making incursions and then retreating. Each time so far, they've been ambushed and have taken casualties and injuries.

I'm not saying Israel won't totally invade, but for Israel, it would be like for the US to have a 2nd Vietnam War.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
they do not pose a real threat to the state of israel, they are there to piss of israel. they are limited to what they can do by, sending in rockets etc...

syria and iran fund them to piss of israel. though they only have that to them, they have enough to piss of israel for a long time, especially if they keep being funded.

but they are no real threat to israel itself.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
All the responsesn this thread were looking for some..... deep rooted answer.

Not so.

A simple one would suffice, and its plain as day.

Foreign nationals inside Israel still have the option to fly, drive, or sail out of the country as they wish. Lebanon's only major airport is non-operational, its sea ports are under blockade and roads have and still are being destroyed. So, even if anybody wanted to get out of Lebanon, the only choice left is to hike to Turkey.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The reasoning is clear to me.

Clearly there is a back and forth war between Israel and hezbolla-i know master of the obvious.

To be simple and honest, it is because Israel protects its citizens-the best they can- by NOT putting military bases and weapons supplies in schools, private homes, business's and yes we all know they hide men and weapons in mosque’s too, as well as using ambulances to transport men and weapons to be used against Israel

It is a sad statement that Hezbollah has caused the whole country of Lebanon to be destroyed. They don't care-Hezbollah. IMO, as long as they can kill Israelis, any price is fine with them--clearly. We know they have rocket attacked areas with Arabs/Christians and even Muslims

Has ANYONE heard ANYONE in Hezbollah say, GEE, we shouldn't hide in the schools, homes, business's of these innocent people, they might and will be killed and their country destroyed while Israel tries to remove Hezbollah terrorists:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
Why hasn't the US, or any other country, called for or organized to evacuate any citizens they may have in Israel ?

Well one very simple reason that the U.S. , or any other nation, has not organized an evacuation from Israel is that any "foreign national" in Israel is able to leave without too much difficulty.

In the opening days of the "war", Israel destroyed the Beirut airport. This single act, alone, made it difficult or, frankly, impossible, for the large numbers of "foreign nationals" in Lebanon to leave. This is why an evacuation has been organized. If you look at a map of the region, you will easily see that foreign nationals are not readily able to escape the region -- and the dangers -- overland. With the exception of a few sea lanes, which Israel controls, outside of Lebanon, this is the only viable option to leave the region.

Seeing as how the airports in Israel have not been destroyed, any foreign national in Israel is free to leave on regularly schedule flights (although, I'm uncertain whether any changes in scheduling have been made because of the war, I'd be willing to bet that there are still flights into and out of the country).

top topics

join