It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State: Bringing Back the Draft

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
i registered for the draft yesterday, and i felt very pround about it.

Good job, drone!

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
because they may have to initiate this sooner than later...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yep, me too. Sooner or later, if this evil keeps up, I gotta break ranks and leave this country.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
drone? drone?

at least i have the balls to defend my country. unlike some people. sure i dont like the politicians running the country but i will die not for them but for America her self. can you say the same? probally not.

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT. 'nough said

and one more thing:

have a nice day.

(thank you eric)

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   

at least i have the balls to defend my country.

Note: You are not serving the *country* in this way, you're serving a greedy, self-grandizing group of hypocritical power-mongers who have no thought in the world whether you live or die as long as you support *their* agenda to bring ruin to the Nation.

If you *really* want to be a patriot & serve the Nation, you'll oppose the government instead of serving it.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
and with destructon walks many beasts...
i for one and only one do not walk with such beasts...

sorry...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
what about enlistment on my own?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   

what about enlistment on my own?

KrazyIvan, I salute your sense of patriotism, although I do not support what this current administration is doing with regard to foreign policy.

I just hope for your sake, when you (hopefully) come out on the other side of your enlistment, your love of duty and country remains in tact.

When do you leave?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Well, the awful truth of the matter is some "brainwashing" must occur in order to make soldiers do what they unfortunately have to do, i.e. make war.

I was aware that a certain amount of brainwashing is required...However, that would be most appropriate for those soldiers who are slotted into "combat-related" rates. For those who were meant for support far behind the lines don't need that kind of brainwashing because it gets in the way of *actually using their brains* to do those particular jobs.

For example, in the Navy, I was an OTM...Perfomance in our rate required absolutely *no* contact with battle or even to *approach* any areas where battle was likely. Our job, in a nutshell (because it's a secruity rate & a nutshell is all I can give you) was to perform maintenence & repair on computer-based data processing systems...And *none* of these systems were locate in any area that was likely to be invaded; Even in that case, there were other, more combat-oriented rates, that were in charge of security anyway. Granted, I still had to learn how to shoot, but I would have never been required to actually *use* a gun.

I was in a rate that required *brains* not *brainwashing*...But the military still uses such brainwashing on a service-wide basis.

I can only speak for the Army, as that is where my experience lies. Since Desert Storm I have come to see the reality of today's Army in a different way. Trust me, in the Army, there are no longer front and rear troops. Everyone in the Army - in a theater of war - is susceptible to attack and must be prepared for combat. A perfect example of that is what happened to Private Jessica Lynch's unit. Lynch was a supply clerk. Had the Pentagon planned according to the TipFid, her unit would likely never come into contact with an enemy force. Her maintenance unit would have been surrounded by Infantry units providing cover. They did not follow established procedure, however; and it left them vulnerable to attack.
During the Gulf War my helicopter unit and everyone else in the facinity came under constant Scud missile attacks. The closer we actually got to Saddam's forces the quieter it got - and that was the "front." He could not see, at that time, where our forces were arrayed against him, therefore, he could not attack.
The days of front and rear areas no longer exist. EVERY soldier in the Army and the Marines, at least, should be Combat qualified.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
From ECK:
"It was the military/industrial complex who led us into this farce they call a war. The leaders of Halliburton and Bechtel wanted this war. There was no HAD TO about it."

Prove it. Farce smarce. We are there to liberate a people under the yoke of a dictatorship. I have friends over there and I know of people who say the Iraqi people are happy we came to destroy Saddam. You don't hear it from the news because it doesn't sell.

From ECK:
"You are a fascist lemming. You cannot bear dissent from your opinion. You try and verbally denigrate anyone with an oposing view. Go get a dictionary and review your position. A book on Hitler and Nazi Germany might serve you well, too."

No I bear your opinion, I don't agree with it in the slightest, thats what makes this country great. There is nothing wrong on being happy about your country. Fascist you say! Bah! I don't believe in a centralised autocratic govt., and you to compare me with Hitler or Nazism is absurd and unsubstantiated to say the least.

From ECK:
"I also fight for what I believe in. I joined the Army on my own volition. When Iraq invaded Kuwait, I went willingly and with passion because I believed in the liberation of the Kuwaiti people and I understand that we had to protect the oil fields as that was in our nation's vital interest. Your silly and petty attacks do not apply to me."

Your an angry man bro. Here you go: it is of vital interest to topple Saddam's regime, same as your oil fields mate.

From ECK:
"What war have you ever fought?"

I was deployed and can be in the future again. I'm fighting this war my friend.

From ECK:
"You do not fight for me or my nation. Your views are fascist. I fought for your right to feel that way. You do not understand free speech/the first ammendment."

Oh yes I now fight for your freedoms that you have and defend you from those opposed to our freedoms as you di for me when you were in and I appreciate it.

From ECK:
"It's quite clear you have no understanding of how our founding fathers thought. Go read the Federalist Papers then get back to us."

Your opinion. If you called a founding father a murderer I bet 10 to 1 he would say he wasn't.

From ECK:
"I voted for Bush and have never voted for a Democrat in my whole life. I know you find that difficult to grasp, but it is true. Clinton was a traitor, too. And I had nothing but respect for President Bush (I) until I became immersed in political science and much research. You have obviously avoided any and all truth regarding his dealings. I am quite saddened, if you want to know the truth, as he was MY COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF. You will be lost until you find it within yourself to open your eyes and discover the truth. And by the way, as a Christian, I understand that we are not to place our faith in any man, but in God alone. Or, in the words of Reagan, "Trust BUT verify."

At least you voted Repub. so that is good. I'm not surprised neither. Bush I wasn't my C&C but, the son is. He is the one I need to focus on. Yep your right Clinton is a traitor. Yes it is good to put your faith in God over people.

From ECK:
"That satement is patently absurd, as no one MADE me join and no MADE me fight. I believed in our mission."

As I believe in mine. It is all relative.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
From ECK:
"It was the military/industrial complex who led us into this farce they call a war. The leaders of Halliburton and Bechtel wanted this war. There was no HAD TO about it."

Prove it. Farce smarce. We are there to liberate a people under the yoke of a dictatorship.

That was the justification given once the whole WMD issue was proven to be a complete lie.
I have friends over there and I know of people who say the Iraqi people are happy we came to destroy Saddam.

Yes, that seems to be quite clear, day in and day out as our men and women in uniform are coming under 30+ attacks dailey. You should quit buying into the propaganda. You're not helping our troops. You're only hurting them in the long-run.

You don't hear it from the news because it doesn't sell.

You only hear what you want to hear.

From ECK:
"You are a fascist lemming. You cannot bear dissent from your opinion. You try and verbally denigrate anyone with an oposing view. Go get a dictionary and review your position. A book on Hitler and Nazi Germany might serve you well, too."

No I bear your opinion, I don't agree with it in the slightest, thats what makes this country great. There is nothing wrong on being happy about your country. Fascist you say! Bah! I don't believe in a centralised autocratic govt., and you to compare me with Hitler or Nazism is absurd and unsubstantiated to say the least.

You get twisted out of shape when someone disagrees with you, then you attack. That is anything but caring for Freedom of Speech. Perhaps if you took a different tact, your views would be seen in a more favorable light.

From ECK:
"I also fight for what I believe in. I joined the Army on my own volition. When Iraq invaded Kuwait, I went willingly and with passion because I believed in the liberation of the Kuwaiti people and I understand that we had to protect the oil fields as that was in our nation's vital interest. Your silly and petty attacks do not apply to me."

Your an angry man bro. Here you go: it is of vital interest to topple Saddam's regime, same as your oil fields mate.

Boy they love folks like you. I hope you don't have to go to Iraq. Your illusions will be shattered.

From ECK:
"What war have you ever fought?"

I was deployed and can be in the future again. I'm fighting this war my friend.

Where to?

From ECK:
"You do not fight for me or my nation. Your views are fascist. I fought for your right to feel that way. You do not understand free speech/the first ammendment."

Oh yes I now fight for your freedoms that you have and defend you from those opposed to our freedoms as you di for me when you were in and I appreciate it.

The only people opposed to our freedoms are the international bankers who foment wars to enrich themselves.

From ECK:
"It's quite clear you have no understanding of how our founding fathers thought. Go read the Federalist Papers then get back to us."

Your opinion. If you called a founding father a murderer I bet 10 to 1 he would say he wasn't.

As I said, read the Federalist Papers and then we can discuss the intent of the founding fathers.

From ECK:
"I voted for Bush and have never voted for a Democrat in my whole life. I know you find that difficult to grasp, but it is true. Clinton was a traitor, too. And I had nothing but respect for President Bush (I) until I became immersed in political science and much research. You have obviously avoided any and all truth regarding his dealings. I am quite saddened, if you want to know the truth, as he was MY COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF. You will be lost until you find it within yourself to open your eyes and discover the truth. And by the way, as a Christian, I understand that we are not to place our faith in any man, but in God alone. Or, in the words of Reagan, "Trust BUT verify."

At least you voted Repub. so that is good. I'm not surprised neither. Bush I wasn't my C&C but, the son is. He is the one I need to focus on. Yep your right Clinton is a traitor. Yes it is good to put your faith in God over people.

Always. And regardless of whether I am still in uniform or not, the oath I made to stand in the defense of my nation will be good until the day I die or our constitution is rendered null and void.

From ECK:
"That satement is patently absurd, as no one MADE me join and no MADE me fight. I believed in our mission."

Just be open to things you have not been made aware of. Have an open mind and trust God. Believe me, there aren't hours in the longest lifetime to thoroughly know and understand what all is at play concerning the governance of nations.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This article from the New York Times is notable, being its coming from the bible of the mainstream media.

Blueprint for a Mess
By DAVID RIEFF

Published: November 2, 2003

n the streets of Baghdad today, Americans do not feel welcome. United States military personnel in the city are hunkered down behind acres of fencing and razor wire inside what was once Saddam Hussein's Republican Palace. When L. Paul Bremer III, head of the Coalition Provisional Authority, leaves the compound, he is always surrounded by bodyguards, carbines at the ready, and G.I.'s on patrol in the city's streets never let their hands stray far from the triggers of their machine guns or M-16 rifles. The official line from the White House and the Pentagon is that things in Baghdad and throughout Iraq are improving. But an average of 35 attacks are mounted each day on American forces inside Iraq by armed resisters of one kind or another, whom American commanders concede are operating with greater and greater sophistication. In the back streets of Sadr City, the impoverished Baghdad suburb where almost two million Shiites live -- and where Bush administration officials and Iraqi exiles once imagined American troops would be welcomed with sweets and flowers -- the mood, when I visited in September, was angry and resentful. In October, the 24-member American-appointed Iraqi Governing Council warned of a deteriorating security situation.

www.nytimes.com...

More:

Neoconservatives and their blueprint for US power:

www.csmonitor.com...

Sugar-coating U.S. motives in Iraq

LINDA MCQUAIG

When Genseric, king of the Vandals, invaded northern Africa in 428 A.D., he probably didn't declare that his intention was to plunder and pillage. It's no accident that the name of his people has ended up, some 16 centuries later, as an enduring word in our vocabulary, synonymous with thuggery and hooliganism.

Invading armies are often coy when it comes to admitting their true motives. Certainly a desire to seize territory and resources are rarely among the motives modern invading armies tend to highlight.

One can understand the preference for looking like a liberator rather than a pillaging bully.

What's harder to understand is how willingly members of the media step forward to make the invaders' case for them. Iraq pops to mind.

As post-war Iraq plunged into deeper levels of violence last week, media pundits were out in force freshly celebrating the U.S. invasion as an act of liberation and vigorously fighting off any suggestion that the violence could be part of an Iraqi resistance movement.

The rest:
http://w ww.thestar.ca/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1067642105645&call_pageid=970599119419

Public confidence in Bush continues to fall as more American soldiers die in Iraq
By David Usborne in New York
03 November 2003

The failure to control the situation in Iraq and the rising number of American casualties are beginning to cost President George Bush dearly.

For the first time, a majority of Americans, 51 per cent, according to a poll published yesterday, disapprove of Mr Bush's actions in Iraq.

Even before the setback of a military helicopter being shot down yesterday with the loss of 15 American soldiers' lives, the political fortunes of Mr Bush were slipping significantly, one year before the next presidential election. An increasing impatience with the continuing violence in Iraq and growing public discontent with a domestic economy that stubbornly refuses to create new jobs are behind the poll figures.

More than the failure of the United States to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, now it is the mounting death toll that is posing a political threat to Mr Bush. But the poll found that 54 per cent of Americans were still satisfied that it was worth going to war against Saddam Hussein. At the same time, the Washington Post-ABC News pollshowed 87 per cent of voters were concerned that the US would find itself bogged down in Iraq, while 62 per cent said they believed America had already suffered an unacceptable death toll.

The rest:
news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Crossing Interests

War Profiteers Flourish;
Soldiers and Their Families Pay the Price

By Jeri L. Reed
Mother of a US soldier in Iraq
30/10/2003

Close associates of George Bush, Dick Cheney and other key American officials scramble to enrich themselves from the suffering of the Iraqi people, while soldiers� families and other concerned Americans collect old clothing to send to military hospitals in Germany and the United States. Wounded soldiers, risking their lives - not to �free the Iraqi people,� but to transform Iraq into a safe haven for investment - are flown from Iraq in flimsy hospital gowns or torn and bloody uniforms, missing not only a hand, an arm or a leg, but also all of their possessions. Soldiers are lucky to arrive at Landstuhl, Germany, where wounded soldiers from Iraq are processed, or a stateside hospital such as Walter Reid Army Medical Center in Washington DC, with their few belongings in plastic garbage bags. In the Danvers, Massachusetts post of the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States (VFW), VFW members are so upset by this idea that they collect duffle bags or other luggage so that the soldiers do not suffer the additional indignity of arriving with their belongings in garbage bags, which appears to be the Army way.

�I asked the nurses and the chaplains what the soldiers needed; and they said warm clothes, such as coats, sweaters, gloves, hats, long underwear, sweat pants and sweat shirts, sneakers, socks, new underwear� and anything else you can think of,� wrote a visitor to the military hospital at Landstuhl. The weather in Germany is already cold, and soldiers are dependent on the work of the chaplains at the hospital who collect clothing and toilet articles for the soldiers� use. The Army, unable to provide adequate equipment or supplies in Iraq, is even unable to provide those basic things for young soldiers who will spend their lives suffering from the serious injuries they received in this unjust war.

www.islamonline.net... 03/10/article_20.shtml

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
From ECK-"That was the justification given once the whole WMD issue was proven to be a complete lie.
I have friends over there and I know of people who say the Iraqi people are happy we came to destroy Saddam.

Yes, that seems to be quite clear, day in and day out as our men and women in uniform are coming under 30+ attacks dailey. You should quit buying into the propaganda. You're not helping our troops. You're only hurting them in the long-run. You only hear what you want to hear."

If you can't believe your fellows brothers in arms, who can you? Nonsense, you should know about trust, you need to trust those around you, you were in the military. It is true, the leading media besides Fox ever report on good stuff.

From ECK:
"You get twisted out of shape when someone disagrees with you, then you attack. That is anything but caring for Freedom of Speech. Perhaps if you took a different tact, your views would be seen in a more favorable light."

I never said you should believe in what I do. I never said don't speak your mind. You can say whatever and I wouldn't bat a eye lid.

From ECK:
"Boy they love folks like you. I hope you don't have to go to Iraq. Your illusions will be shattered."

If I need to I'd happily go, thats what I signed up for.

From ECK:
"Where to?"

P.I., Korea, Kuwait.

From ECK:
"The only people opposed to our freedoms are the international bankers who foment wars to enrich themselves."

Can you get me more info on these bankers?

From ECK:
"As I said, read the Federalist Papers and then we can discuss the intent of the founding fathers."

Like I said, they would not say they were.

From ECK:
"Always. And regardless of whether I am still in uniform or not, the oath I made to stand in the defense of my nation will be good until the day I die or our constitution is rendered null and void."

Sounds like you wanna topple the govt. What type of govt you want?

From ECK:
"That statement is patently absurd, as no one MADE me join and no MADE me fight. I believed in our mission."

[Edited on 11-3-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
1913: The Beginning of the End of the American Republic

Here is a copy of Congressman Louis T. McFadden's (Pa.), (1934) remarks to Congress on the establishment of the Federal Reserve. He discusses with the passion of a true patriot the inherent dangers/cost to the security of our nation and the truth behind its creation. In order to understand why our country has found itself in such dire economic straits (something the mainstream media will not honestly discuss), and what truly drives our foreign policy, this is a must read. The implementation of the Federal Reserve Act was a hostile takeover of the American Republic by international banking interests hostile to the well-being and prosperity of the United States of America. Read it for yourself and then you be the judge.

On May 23, 1933, Congressman, Louis T. McFadden, brought formal charges against the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Bank system, The Comptroller of the Currency and the Secretary of United States Treasury for numerous criminal acts, including but not limited to, CONSPIRACY, FRAUD, UNLAWFUL CONVERSION, AND TREASON.
The petition for Articles of Impeachment was thereafter referred to the Judiciary Committee and has
YET TO BE ACTED ON.
So, this ELECTRONIC BOOKLET should be reprinted, reposted,
set up on web pages and circulated far and wide.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congressman McFadden
on the Federal Reserve Corporation
Remarks in Congress, 1934
AN ASTOUNDING EXPOSURE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reprinted by permission 1978 Arizona Caucus Club

Congressman McFadden's Speech

On the Federal Reserve Corporation
Quotations from several speeches made on the Floor of the House of Representatives by the Honorable Louis T. McFadden of Pennsylvania. Mr. McFadden, due to his having served as Chairman of the Banking and Currency Committee for more than 10 years, was the best posted man on these matters in America and was in a position to speak with authority of the vast ramifications of this gigantic private credit monopoly. As Representative of a State which was among the first to declare its freedom from foreign money tyrants it is fitting that Pennsylvania, the cradle of liberty, be again given the credit for producing a son that was not afraid to hurl defiance in the face of the money-bund. Whereas Mr. McFadden was elected to the high office on both the Democratic and Republican tickets, there can be no accusation of partisanship lodged against him. Because these speeches are set out in full in the Congressional Record, they carry weight that no amount of condemnation on the part of private individuals could hope to carry.

The Federal Reserve-A Corrupt Institution

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over.

"This evil institution has impoverished and ruined the people of these United States, has bankrupted itself, and has practically bankrupted our Government. It has done this through the defects of the law under which it operates, through the maladministration of that law by the Fed and through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it.

"Some people who think that the Federal Reserve Banks United States Government institutions. They are private monopolies which prey upon the people of these United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign customers; foreign and domestic speculators and swindlers; and rich and predatory money lender. In that dark crew of financial pirates there are those who would cut a man's throat to get a dollar out of his pocket; there are those who send money into states to buy votes to control our legislatures; there are those who maintain International propaganda for the purpose of deceiving us into granting of new concessions which will permit them to cover up their past misdeeds and set again in motion their gigantic train of crime.

"These twelve private credit monopolies were deceitfully and disloyally foisted upon this Country by the bankers who came here from Europe and repaid us our hospitality by undermining our American institutions. Those bankers took money out of this Country to finance Japan in a war against Russia. They created a reign of terror in Russia with our money in order to help that war along. They instigated the separate peace between Germany and Russia, and thus drove a wedge between the allies in World War. They financed Trotsky's passage from New York to Russia so that he might assist in the destruction of the Russian Empire. They fomented and instigated the Russian Revolution, and placed a large fund of American dollars at Trotsky's disposal in one of their branch banks in Sweden so that through him Russian homes might be thoroughly broken up and Russian children flung far and wide from their natural protectors. They have since begun breaking up of American homes and the dispersal of American children. "Mr. Chairman, there should be no partisanship in matters concerning banking and currency affairs in this Country, and I do not speak with any.

"In 1912 the National Monetary Association, under the chairmanship of the late Senator Nelson W. Aldrich, made a report and presented a vicious bill called the National Reserve Association bill. This bill is usually spoken of as the Aldrich bill. Senator Aldrich did not write the Aldrich bill. He was the tool, if not the accomplice, of the European bankers who for nearly twenty years had been scheming to set up a central bank in this Country and who in 1912 has spent and were continuing to spend vast sums of money to accomplish their purpose.

"We were opposed to the Aldrich plan for a central bank. The men who rule the Democratic Party then promised the people that if they were returned to power there would be no central bank established here while they held the reigns of government. Thirteen months later that promise was broken, and the Wilson administration, under the tutelage of those sinister Wall Street figures who stood behind Colonel House, established here in our free Country the worm-eaten monarchical institution of the "King's Bank" to control us from the top downward, and from the cradle to the grave.

"The Federal Reserve Bank destroyed our old and characteristic way of doing business. It discriminated against our 1-name commercial paper, the finest in the world, and it set up the antiquated 2-name paper, which is the present curse of this Country and which wrecked every country which has ever given it scope; it fastened down upon the Country the very tyranny from which the framers of the Constitution sough to save us.

The rest:
www.conspiracyarchive.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wow! Very interesting things. I'm starting to see it. Have any more? Newer things on this govt? What type of govt do you want ECK?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
HA ... the draft is stupid. I'll die protecting my family at home where I'm NEEDED, not protecting a country that give's to craps about me oversea's. BULL# ... Bush can take the draft and shove it up his twat .. stupid pussy, send hi ass to #ing iraq, let HIM #ing fight this war. #ing looser :bash: :bnghd:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
From ECK-"That was the justification given once the whole WMD issue was proven to be a complete lie.

Yes, that seems to be quite clear, day in and day out as our men and women in uniform are coming under 30+ attacks dailey. You should quit buying into the propaganda. You're not helping our troops. You're only hurting them in the long-run. You only hear what you want to hear."

If you can't believe your fellows brothers in arms, who can you?

Wait to you get out. I'm sure you won't be so idealistic. If you are, that's great. But I trust you're an intelligent person and in time, will come to see the truth that is now hidden to you.

Nonsense, you should know about trust, you need to trust those around you, you were in the military. It is true, the leading media besides Fox ever report on good stuff.

I trust what I know and I trust what my sources tell me, as well. You have yours, I have mine. I also couldn't help but laugh when I received the fake letters from "the soldiers." Pure propaganda. The Pentagon must be completely desperate to pull such a pathetic stunt. Remember, it only goes towards hurting our troops in the long-run and thoroughly dis-crediting this administration.

From ECK:
"You get twisted out of shape when someone disagrees with you, then you attack. That is anything but caring for Freedom of Speech. Perhaps if you took a different tact, your views would be seen in a more favorable light."

I never said you should believe in what I do. I never said don't speak your mind. You can say whatever and I wouldn't bat a eye lid.

I believe in serving one's nation, if that is your choice. At this time, however, it is not in one's best interest to be a part of this travesty. Those being sent to Iraq and Afghanistan are merely cannon fodder for the oil and defense interests. If you choose to believe otherwise, that is your choice.. and incidentally, your flesh that you might sacrifice.

From ECK:
"Boy they love folks like you. I hope you don't have to go to Iraq. Your illusions will be shattered."

If I need to I'd happily go, thats what I signed up for.

From ECK:
"Where to?"

P.I., Korea, Kuwait.

From ECK:
"The only people opposed to our freedoms are the international bankers who foment wars to enrich themselves."

Can you get me more info on these bankers?

From ECK:
"As I said, read the Federalist Papers and then we can discuss the intent of the founding fathers."

Like I said, they would not say they were.

The Federalist Papers is the ongoing discussion/debate of the creation of our constitution and ammendments. It is a basic, must read for students of the constitution.

From ECK:
"Always. And regardless of whether I am still in uniform or not, the oath I made to stand in the defense of my nation will be good until the day I die or our constitution is rendered null and void."

Sounds like you wanna topple the govt. What type of govt you want?

I like our current form just fine, minus the Patriot Acts which are nothing more than an assault on the freedoms of innocent Americans. As I said, I will defend it until the day I die or it is rendered null and void.

From ECK:
"That statement is patently absurd, as no one MADE me join and no MADE me fight. I believed in our mission."

I salute you for your service. My intent is merely to make people understand, for the sake of our military members, the purpose of our military is to defend our country and its national interests. The invasion of Iraq is an illegal, unjustified war as spelled out by the Nuremburg trials. Greed and the pure acquisition of power (See PNAC) is not our vital national interest. The lives of our men and women are far too valuable to be thrown away as cannon fodder.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
ECK,
Interesting indeed. I have a lot think about.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Wow! Very interesting things. I'm starting to see it. Have any more? Newer things on this govt? What type of govt do you want ECK?

There is much out there on all of this. If you run a google search on the Federal Reserve Act (1913), you'll probably find enough information to make your eyes glaze over. Look into it. It's a must to get the clearest picture of the truth regarding the running of America, and by extension, the world. (Through the IMF/World Bank.)

Keep looking Cearbhall. Question everything. Your mind is just as good as those who taught you. Never quit searching for the truth, even as you defend..

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join