It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State: Bringing Back the Draft

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
K,
I'd be surprised if people nowadays would fight off others on our home ground.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
K,
I'd be surprised if people nowadays would fight off others on our home ground.

Such ignorance..
I would fight to the death for my nation.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Quote-"First of all.. What are you NEO's little protoge?

You better be glad I'm not in the military. You couldn't handle the authority of real soldier. Oh but that's right, you're a Chairforce cowboy. By the way, I know quite well, all about forward deployed Air Force. My unit lived/worked on the airfield with a unit of that nature. So give the smug attitude to someone else. You don't impress me.

Don't worry, chairforce, I served my country with distinction. I'd put my DD-214 list of commendations/medals up against yours any day of the week. By the way, what did you get on your last PT test? Please share big guy. And please don't run away from the conversation like little NEOnatal."-end quote

I'm not here to impress you. Yep I guessed right, you don't know anything about AFSOC or its mission. Do you know what it stands for? Guess you don't know about Para Rescue or the Combat Controllers. I hope you do. I've worked in the command. I know what they do. When did you get out? I'm living in it your not any more, you lost your edge. I don't need to be smug, I speak the truth about you. Your a bigot, plain and simple, I don't blame you though, you learned your behaviour through peers, I understand.

Medals? Commendations? I have earned quite a bit in recent years but, these don't matter, its the heart that counts. I know of countless people that deserved metals but didn't get anything, these people are humble individuals that don't need such trinkets, they know they are keeping this country safe.

Quote-"By the way, what did you get on your last PT test?"

If you knew more about the USAF you'd know we have a new fitness programme. I want to know if you know what it is. I want to see how current you are before I tell you.

Quote-"Such ignorance.. I would fight to the death for my nation."

Can you speak for everyone saying they'd fight for the home land? No you can't.

[Edited on 10-30-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I would fight anyone for my freedom and the freedoms of those I care about right here right now, when the threat is here, I'll respond. It seems almost like the real threat comes from this #ing government...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Then vote to change it. It is simple.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have a medical discharge from the Navy and am now 33 years old... hmmm, they should leave me alone.

I'd like to fight though, and if it came down to it, I would..

GOD BLESS THE USA !!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You better be glad I'm not in the military. You couldn't handle the authority of real soldier. Oh but that's right, you're a Chairforce cowboy. By the way, I know quite well, all about forward deployed Air Force. My unit lived/worked on the airfield with a unit of that nature. So give the smug attitude to someone else. You don't impress me.

Don't worry, chairforce, I served my country with distinction. I'd put my DD-214 list of commendations/medals up against yours any day of the week. By the way, what did you get on your last PT test? Please share big guy. And please don't run away from the conversation like little NEOnatal."-end quote

I'm not here to impress you. Yep I guessed right, you don't know anything about AFSOC or its mission. Do you know what it stands for? Guess you don't know about Para Rescue or the Combat Controllers. I hope you do. I've worked in the command. I know what they do. When did you get out? I'm living in it your not any more, you lost your edge. I don't need to be smug, I speak the truth about you. Your a bigot, plain and simple, I don't blame you though, you learned your behaviour through peers, I understand.

Medals? Commendations? I have earned quite a bit in recent years but, these don't matter, its the heart that counts. I know of countless people that deserved metals but didn't get anything, these people are humble individuals that don't need such trinkets, they know they are keeping this country safe.

If you knew more about the USAF you'd know we have a new fitness programme. I want to know if you know what it is. I want to see how current you are before I tell you.

You know what? You have nothing intelligent to add to this thread. So, please, quit wasting our time.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoszero
I would fight anyone for my freedom and the freedoms of those I care about right here right now, when the threat is here, I'll respond. It seems almost like the real threat comes from this #ing government...

You're absolutely right.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Then vote to change it. It is simple.

votes don't matter. no matter who or what you vote for, the government wins.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

You know what? You have nothing intelligent to add to this thread. So, please, quit wasting our time.

You're not even on my level.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The way things are shaping up geopolitically, it's only a matter of time until we are forced to re-instate the draft. Our forces are nearing collapse under the weight of this NEO CON delusion of world dominance.

Cheney's hawks 'hijacking policy'
By Ritt Goldstein
October 30, 2003

A former Pentagon officer turned whistleblower says a group of hawks in the Bush Administration, including the Vice-President, Dick Cheney, is running a shadow foreign policy, contravening Washington's official line.

"What these people are doing now makes Iran-Contra [a Reagan administration national security scandal] look like amateur hour. . . it's worse than Iran-Contra, worse than what happened in Vietnam," said Karen Kwiatkowski, a former air force lieutenant-colonel.

"[President] George Bush isn't in control . . . the country's been hijacked," she said, describing how "key [governmental] areas of neoconservative concern were politically staffed".

smh.com.au...

Cheney Taps Syria Hawk As Adviser On Mideast
By MARC PERELMAN
FORWARD STAFF
Despite mounting criticism of the administration's Iraq policy, Vice President Dick Cheney appears to be ratcheting up his commitment to the circle of neoconservative intellectuals who helped spearhead President Bush's war policy, adding one of its most controversial proponents to his national security staff in a little-noticed move last month.

David Wurmser, a neoconservative scholar known for his close ties to the Israeli right, was appointed in mid-September to join the team led by Cheney's national security adviser, Lewis "Scooter" Libby. In recent years Wurmser, who boasts a complex network of relationships to a variety of pro-Likud think tanks and activist groups, has frequently written articles arguing for a joint American-Israeli effort to undermine the Syrian regime.

Wurmser's appointment sheds light on the prominent role played by Cheney and his national security staff in shaping foreign policy and coincides with the deterioration in the relations between Washington and Damascus. In recent months, Washington has accused Syria of sheltering Iraqi leaders, weapons and money and of allowing terrorists into Iraq. The administration backed Israel's recent bombing of a suspected terrorist training camp in Syria and dropped its objections to a congressional bill that grants the president the right to impose sanctions on Damascus.

"The vice president undoubtedly chooses staff whose views are compatible with the policies of the administration," wrote Judith Kipper, a Middle East scholar with the Council on Foreign Relations, in an e-mail to the Forward. "The question is, how does the vice president's [national security staff] function in relation to the president's national security staff and how important policy decisions are made in the White House. While the vice president has a critical role to play, the secrecy surrounding his unusually large foreign-policy staff raises many questions which the American public needs answered."

Cathy Martin, a spokeswoman for Cheney, confirmed that Wurmser had recently

www.forward.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
has anyone considered the fact that this thing is coming up as pressure on Iran/Syria/NK is beefing up? It would seem to me we can call this shot. A shot in the dark, but my guess is they're gonna let this go through, so they can get more troops for these upcoming wars??

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Right on Grommer, they need to draft more troops for more wars in the name of Freedom while they take our freedoms at home. On the subject on the draft, didn't they notice how well it went over the first time?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grommer
has anyone considered the fact that this thing is coming up as pressure on Iran/Syria/NK is beefing up? It would seem to me we can call this shot. A shot in the dark, but my guess is they're gonna let this go through, so they can get more troops for these upcoming wars??

They have no choice. Americans had better find new leadership and fast. Otherwise, it'll be jail or war.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Your the one that opened this can of worms, not me. Anyways as I said to others like you from other services, no service is better than the other, we all have our part to play.

Its ignorant ex-military people like yourself that have no other concept or know the real knowledge of the missions of the other services, and then come here spouting untruths of the other services, that ruffles my feathers. It is unwarranted or uncalled for.

Get your facts straight before accusing anyone from being an "airmchair general". If anything, this term refers to you because your not in the life anymore. The military changes everyday.

PS: I'm glad I'm not on your level, I wouldn't stoop that low.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Right on Grommer, they need to draft more troops for more wars in the name of Freedom while they take our freedoms at home. On the subject on the draft, didn't they notice how well it went over the first time?

These NEO CONS don't care. Remember how they so casually brushed aside the HUGE unprecedented opposition to the war?
:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

These NEO CONS don't care. Remember how they so casually brushed aside the HUGE unprecedented opposition to the war?
:

And now the NEO CONS don't care about the huge opposition to their president, they still think he's going to "win" again in 2004. Oh well, he lost last time and became president. I'd almost imagine something is going to happen to suspend the election.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is pretty sad..

By LARRY MARGASAK
Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) - Companies awarded $8 billion in contracts to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan have been major campaign donors to President Bush, and their executives have had important political and military connections, according to a study released Thursday.
The study of more than 70 U.S. companies and individual contractors turned up more than $500,000 in donations to the president�s 2000 campaign, more than they gave collectively to any other politician over the past dozen years.
The report was released by the Center for Public Integrity, a Washington-based research organization that produces investigative articles on special interests and ethics in government. Its staff includes journalists and researchers.

Who did you say we were fighting for?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A snippet from the Finnish constitution:

Chapter 12 National defence
Section 127 National defence obligation

(1) Every Finnish citizen is obligated to participate or assist in national defence, as provided by an Act.
(2) Provisions on the right to exemption, on grounds of conscience, from participation in military national defence are laid down by an Act.

In other words, every Finnish man has to undergo atleast 6 months of military service, or alternatively 13 months of civil service. It's not that bad, actually
. My military service starts in January 2004.

Of course there is huge difference between the US and Finland. I bet that Finland would have a volunteer based army if we had 280 million people instead of 5 million

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm
A snippet from the Finnish constitution:

Chapter 12 National defence
Section 127 National defence obligation

(1) Every Finnish citizen is obligated to participate or assist in national defence, as provided by an Act.
(2) Provisions on the right to exemption, on grounds of conscience, from participation in military national defence are laid down by an Act.

In other words, every Finnish man has to undergo atleast 6 months of military service, or alternatively 13 months of civil service. It's not that bad, actually
. My military service starts in January 2004.

Of course there is huge difference between the US and Finland. I bet that Finland would have a volunteer based army if we had 280 million people instead of 5 million

I'm not for the draft, personally. And we wouldn't need it if our leaders were employing the correct foreign policy. I used to encourage kids to think about it. Now I warn them away from it.

For me, the Army was the best thing in the world for me. I've gotten far more out of it than I could've ever imagined. And it was the best political science class I ever had.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join