It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State: Bringing Back the Draft

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It's coming. Unless we, the American people start demanding our congressmen and Senators address the grave issue of what is being done to our military and the unconstitutional actions brought about by those who profit from unending wars.

olice State: Bringing Back the Draft

Al Lorentz October 26 2003

Recently there has been discussion on The Hill by our elected representatives regarding the re-institution of the draft. The draft was phased in the Vietnam era after the war and replaced by the Volunteer Army.

The volunteer Army has been a success more or less although now problems are starting to arise.

Those current problems arise from an Orwellian police state that refuses to deal with reality. The Army is stretched so thin that it is nothing more than a paper tiger filled with "ghost soldiers" to cover many of our un-Constitutional commitments. Rather than realize that perhaps they are reaching far beyond their grasp or, God forbid, they should read the Constitution and cease all un-Constitutional deployments, our politicians do what they always do in these situations.

The rest of the article:
www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The draft is good.

get in shape kid!

they are especially hard on young dems!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
The draft is good.

get in shape kid!

The draft is good? What are you ######g kidding me?

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I'll be going to jail before i fight under a draft.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Hell I would rather go to jail than fight in any WAR the bush administration is involved with... or any other war for that matter. Im not going to kill anyone period. Especially people who've done nothing to me to begin with.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The draft is good.

get in shape kid!

Well NEO, that's just fine. I'm a war vet whose always voted Republican.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by Nerdling

Hell I would rather go to jail than fight in any WAR the bush administration is involved with... or any other war for that matter. Im not going to kill anyone period. Especially people who've done nothing to me to begin with.

More power to ya - both.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
When you live in a democracy you can choose to go to war or not.

That is what you fight for.

You take the rights but do not wish to pay for them.

Somewhere there is a contradiction in all of this isn't there.

Now I know the people at the top break the rules too but show me a time when they did not?

There may have been such times of course but not recently.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The draft might not be so bad...At least it wouldn't be if all of the new recruit-graduates take up their rifles after Boot Camp & march on Washington D.C. with them...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
My dad burned his draft card and so will I. There's no reason for it other than population control. They just want to thin the heard. It's Bull#!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I advise everyone to look up the "universal national service act"

It happens to be in congress at the moment and has been referred to the committee of armed services(?)

It may have been mentioned on ATS not to long ago.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I'll post a link-
justone.stitchingforsanity.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   

When you live in a democracy you can choose to go to war or not.

That is what you fight for.

You take the rights but do not wish to pay for them.

Somewhere there is a contradiction in all of this isn't there.

Now I know the people at the top break the rules too but show me a time when they did not?

There may have been such times of course but not recently.

THENEO,
Let us all know when you plan to go enlist and with which branch, since you're so for this illegal, immoral occupation. When you do, you will have at least an ounce of credibility on the subject of war.
FORTUNA FAVEL FORTIBUS!
There is, in fact, legislation gathering dust in committee. But, remember, committee is a breath away from a floor vote. The retention numbers do not look good. We are closer to a new draft than ever. As a member of the volunteer army under the first President Bush, I have to say, I never thought the draft would again be necessary. The policies of this administration, the Clinton administration combined with the beginning of the drawdown under Bush I is destroying our military. It's tragic. The awesome Army that Reagan built is only a shadow of what it was in the wake of the Gulf War.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh I'm sorry, if the draft comes, SUCK IT UP! You live in this country don't you? If you don't like it go to live somewhere else like Canada or Mexico. Pathetic. You people afraid of dying? It is going to happen sooner or later, better come to terms with it.
As Neo said "You take the rights but do not wish to pay for them."

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A draft isn't necessarily a "Police State" sign...

Many nations require compulsory military service for citizenship... However, it certainly shouldn't be put into effect for a foreign war that we started...or for a shadow war against organizations, not nations...

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Oh I'm sorry, if the draft comes, SUCK IT UP! You live in this country don't you? If you don't like it go to live somewhere else like Canada or Mexico. Pathetic. You people afraid of dying? It is going to happen sooner or later, better come to terms with it.

You better know what you're talkin' about before you put your oversized foot in your mouth, chairforce. I paid my dues during the Gulf War. If you wanna go die for a lie, than be my guest. America's lookin' for cannon fodder just like you and little armchair "warrior" NEO.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Ummm...Show me in the Consitution where it's *required* that we pay for those Rights? If I'm going to fight for my Country & The People, it'll be *against* the Government. Our Founding Fathers knew this to be a truer patriotism than blind obedience to be.

BTW, I've already paid my dues...Under Daddy Bush, no less...And I'm no more inclined now to force people to die for a lie than I was before I joined up.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I guess no one listens to my posts. Good, you'll regret it when your liberal asses are all in manditory military service.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Kid,
Good for you, we don't need people like you in the military and I'm glad your out. I know the truth on whats happening. Glad to know that you haven't grown up by using derogatory remarks. Your user name fits you well indeed. Good job! way to represent your service. BTW, there are many USAF personnel in the forward locations in the "hotspots". You had better get your facts straight about the USAF before you call us in essence lazy or scared. It just makes you look like a bigoted, predjudical fool. Now you don't want to look like that do you?

Shadow,

Quote-"Ummm...Show me in the Consitution where it's *required* that we pay for those Rights? If I'm going to fight for my Country & The People, it'll be *against* the Government. Our Founding Fathers knew this to be a truer patriotism than blind obedience to be. "

Yea you are right your not required to by the Constitution...yet....there are things called ammendments. Then what is going to happen, will people leave? I bet they do, which is fine by me.

It is true though that people make better soldiers etc when they want to do it. Its sad though to see so many young people being so self centred. Just think of it as defending your family or anything else you hold dear. I see the big picture, most liberals and draft dodgers don't. I made my oath to defend this country against foreign and domestic insurgents and I'll stick to it, thats just me.

"There is no greater love than to give ones life for another."

[Edited on 10-30-2003 by Cearbhall]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It's one thing to draft people to fight a war here on American soil, I'd gladly fight for my freedom HERE, where IT MATTERS! I could give a # less about "peacekeeping missions" overseas, or fighting a war with some Arabs because they allegedly attacked the U.S. #in Canada sounds more and more tempting, nationalized healthcare and all. In my mind, it's wrong to roll into another country and kill in the name of "freedom".

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Kid,
Good for you, we don't need people like you in the military and I'm glad your out. I know the truth on whats happening. Glad to know that you haven't grown up by using derogatory remarks. Your user name fits you well indeed. Good job! way to represent your service. BTW, there are many USAF personnel in the forward locations in the "hotspots". You had better get your facts straight about the USAF before you call us in essence lazy or scared.

Shadow,

Quote-"Ummm...Show me in the Consitution where it's *required* that we pay for those Rights? If I'm going to fight for my Country & The People, it'll be *against* the Government. Our Founding Fathers knew this to be a truer patriotism than blind obedience to be. "

Yea you are right your not required to by the Constitution...yet....there are things called ammendments. Then what is going to happen, will people leave? I bet they do, which is fine by me.

It is true though that people make better soldiers etc when they want to do it. Its sad though to see so many young people being so self centred. Just think of it as defending your family or anything else you hold dear. I see the big picture, most liberals and draft dodgers don't. I made my oath to defend this country against foreign and domestic insurgents and I'll stick to it, thats just me.

"There is no greater love than to give ones life for another."

[Edited on 10-30-2003 by Cearbhall]

First of all..
What are you NEO's little protoge?

You better be glad I'm not in the military. You couldn't handle the authority of real soldier. Oh but that's right, you're a Chairforce cowboy. By the way, I know quite well, all about forward deployed Air Force. My unit lived/worked on the airfield with a unit of that nature. So give the smug attitude to someone else. You don't impress me.

Don't worry, chairforce, I served my country with distinction. I'd put my DD-214 list of commendations/medals up against yours any day of the week. By the way, what did you get on your last PT test?
Please share big guy. And please don't run away from the conversation like little NEOnatal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join