It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you agree?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
With president Bush's veto of embrionic stem cell research? I dont, i think we were getting pretty damn good at it and he has to go and [] everything up. like usual.

discuss.

Mod Edit:Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/7/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ya of course.
He is not a smart man for vetoing. He said he vetoed for "Moral Value"
The stupidest thing i have ever heard, this is the future, and america will
be coming in last.

apc

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
My response from the ASTNN thread...

"I must agree that the potential benefits can not be ignored. However, in this day and age, to fund research in this arena would actually encourage abortions.

Obviously the only even remotely ethical route would be to use aborted embryos. Unfortunately many less than ethical doctors would encourage more patients to abort rather than seek counseling or other alternatives. "

It's always obvious who hasn't seen the damage an abortion causes first hand. It's not just killing one person... it's killing two.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
My response from the ASTNN thread...

"I must agree that the potential benefits can not be ignored. However, in this day and age, to fund research in this arena would actually encourage abortions.

Obviously the only even remotely ethical route would be to use aborted embryos. Unfortunately many less than ethical doctors would encourage more patients to abort rather than seek counseling or other alternatives. "

It's always obvious who hasn't seen the damage an abortion causes first hand. It's not just killing one person... it's killing two.

One who orders an abortion has the right to! This is a free country, which means that aborters can do what ever they want with their baby!

Anyway, Yes, i agree with him. Smartest thing he's ever done, that Veto. For one, all that money is not going to help. Stem cell research will NOT cure cancer, HIV/AIDS, etc. If you want to cure diseases, than look at the the brain., since it controls the immune system. Or other diseases. For instance, cancer cures HIV. Therefore, there is something in cancer that is antibody against HIV. I think we should examine cancer stuff and get that antibody. We can use it as potentially both a healty cure for HIV/AIDS and a vaccine against cancer. Two diseses cured, no stem cells.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yeah.....sounds like a Black Market for Abortions. That would be a creepy thing but would it also end up with people kidnapping pregnant women just to do a c-section or worse to get a black market fetus....very scary thought!

top topics

join