It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Support for Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

United States to Israel: you have one more week to blast Hizbullah

I found this story on the Guardian Unlimited.

www.guardian.co.uk...

The US is giving Israel a window of a week to inflict maximum damage on Hizbullah before weighing in behind international calls for a ceasefire in Lebanon, according to British, European and Israeli sources.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's clear the Americans have given the Israelis the green light. They [the Israeli attacks] will be allowed to go on longer, perhaps for another week," a senior European official said yesterday. Diplomatic sources said there was a clear time limit, partly dictated by fears that a prolonged conflict could spin out of control.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Mr Blair spoke, British officials privately acknowledged the US had given Israel a green light to continue bombing Lebanon until it believes Hizbullah's infrastructure has been destroyed.

It would appear that the United States support for Israel is standing strong in the face of international opposition.

I am unsure what the result would be if we did in fact ask Israel to cease their response to Hizbullah's aggression.

Semper

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Semper its over 300 people less that you have to worry about teaching their children how to blow themselves up so far. Probably a bunch of children in there that will never learn to blow themselves up so far. They are only people that have no morals or that care about their kids anyway so whats 1 more week gonna hurt. Less people that will hate Israel that will be on the face of the Earth by the end of the week too. Less people that may try to come to America to try and kill us that you even have to train specifically to question as well. Lots and lots of birds killed with just a few stones. Whats a week...hell it should be 2 weeks. They are doing us a favor. In 1 week probably 1000 of those buggers will be dead. Godless heathens that they are. I will feel so much better and I will feel so much more secure that these people are off the face of this earth never to attack America or her Ally that we support so wholeheartedly ever again..That will teach them!

/sarcasm off

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
AH, the ever present pieman and the ever present spin.

Spin it how you wish.

I put it out there so that people can stay informed.

You are of course entitled to your opinion as is everyone else.

Semper

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
PieMan- Lebannon is not all Hezbolah and dynamite wearing mujahedeen. Most of the people who died are innocent civilians, who have already suffered through many recent wars and civil conflicts. The last thing Lebannon needed was another war. For the past decade the Lebanese have been trying very hard to rebuild their country, and to make it a tourist destination. Just when progress was being made, all out the drain again.

Now about Us support- I think that US would feel very hypocritical if it didn't allow (or choose to interfere) Israel to continue this skirmish with Hezbollah. After all US did go to Afganistan to get Al Quida. If US did put pressure on Israel to hold back, I think Israel would have no choice but to oblige. This allowance by US, was a big opportunity for Israel to launch a massive attack on Hezbollah who have been pestoring them for many years. Unlike Hamas Israel has a harder time attacking Hezbollah on a normal basis. Everything indicated that this conflict is short term, and Israel would indeed withdraw after the "window of opportunity" expires.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
A few have gotten away and a few buildings still stand. 7 more days should be enough time that our ally can take care of it for us. Spin? This is not spin Semper.

Slide Show

We should not waiver. They attacked our ally and its the same as attacking America.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Yea,

Pie man I know..

I was there in 1983 when they were digging my fellow Marines out of what was their barracks.

I did a little "tour" of the country then and took in all the lovely sites.

Semper

ps. I think I may have misunderstood the intent of your previous posting.

I agree 100% with your last statement.

Semper

[edit on 7/19/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
This is not spin Semper.
[list of photos showing destroyed lebanon]

Lebanon voted hezbollah into its government, and permits it to attack the yehudis. Any lebanese who is suprised at israel responding to war with war is a fool. They've permited hezbollah to infest their nation, now they'll have to suffer alongside their militia. They permited hezbollah to attack israel and capture its soldiers, and still have done nothing, not even condemed hezbollah, for the attack.

If the lebanese want peace, their government should sign an agreement with the yehudis to work in concert to capture/kill as many members of the hezbollah militia as possible, and to cut off the supply from damascus and tehran. Alas, they don't seem interested in peace, and prefer being bombed.

So let them be bombed.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Lebanon voted hezbollah into its government, and permits it to attack the yehudis. Any lebanese who is suprised at israel responding to war with war is a fool. They've permited hezbollah to infest their nation, now they'll have to suffer alongside their militia. They permited hezbollah to attack israel and capture its soldiers, and still have done nothing, not even condemed hezbollah, for the attack.

Ahh I see. Kach party (Meir Kahane) was elected to knesset for a short time they held 1 seat a while back, so did that represent the entire country? Other militants in Israel latch onto more popular parties. I guess its different. Hizbollah political party holds less then 25 seats in Lebanese Parliament. Labeling an entire country as Hizbollah is whats happening just like in Palestine everyone is Hamas.

Pie

new topics

top topics

join