It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clandestine Israeli strikes into Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
DEBKAfile Exclusive: Israel’s ground operations in Lebanon and strikes against Syria are clandestine and go well beyond official statements

July 19, 2006, 5:47 PM (GMT+02:00)

Israeli spokesmen speak only of small ground crossings into the south and air strikes against several war material trucks crossing in from Syria. However, according to DEBKAfile’s military sources, those ground incursions extend to central and eastern Lebanon as well as the south, targeting Hizballah strongholds and launching sites, and include several cross-border raids into Syria in pursuit of fleeing Hizballah terrorists and for the interception of incoming groups. Weapons convoys destined for Hizballah are also being struck on the Syrian side of the border. To conceal the extent of their losses, Hizballah has instructed its people not to hold burials.

Now why would Israel choose to intercept incoming groups and weapons convoys on the Syrian side of the border unless they seriously didn't care whether Syria attacked them or not? Or worse, is this the only provocation Syria needs to drag in Iran and attack Israeli forces? Or third, is this possibly being induced by Amercian pressure on Israel to take the war into Syria, thereby luring Syria/Iran into striking the first blow?

What in the heck is going on here?

Oh sorry, its Debka... 'scuse me.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
So I suppose you all have wiped Debka off the map?

Come ON, folks what is happening here. Feedback please. It's just little ole pesky me, TA- I don't bite...

So have Iran and Syria thrown Hezbollah to the wolves? Maybe they should make a new movie called "American Werewolf In Lebanon?" Hebollah is taking a pounding the likes of which it never suspected, and the Lebanese innocent are paying an additional price. How many Hezbollah have perished if that many citizens are getting killed? (a number Hez don't publish).

And yet Iran and Syria sit and do nothing, or at least not much that is published other than bicker. They can't get Hezbollah any more supplies with Lebanese infrastructure obliterated, unless they air-dropped stuff in, maybe?

Maybe Israel doesn't need any help after all Val, cause for Hezbollah, there is not much help at all that I can see.

edit: speeling.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I think if Israel wanted to goad Syria into the war, Israel would be more overt about attecking on Syrian ground.

I do belive Israel would love for Syria to get involved though.

And I fully belive America would love for Iran to join in the fun.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

cause for Hezbollah, there is not much help at all that I can see.

Hezbollah claims the entire country of Iran as Hezbollah supporters and tens of millions as "members." I don't know where you get "there is not much help... for Hezbollah."? The leader of Hezbollah just has yet to order all its followers to participate in the fighting.

As for your original questions, I have no idea. It does seem very convenient that Israel, a top US ally, is getting involved militarilly with countries that are supported by the "terrorist harboring nations" of Syria and Iran. I would say there is something more to this situation, maybe as you said, having Israel strike the first blow to Iran/Syria or vice versa. That would definately be a convenient excuse for the US to enter into war against these two countries. I suppose only time will tell how things roll out.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sillinous1
I don't know where you get "there is not much help... for Hezbollah."?

Well, if there's one thing Iran has obviously learned from the US, it's "support terrorists at a distance until the going gets rough, then bail. Let em die. Who cares." Courtesy: the CIA. Gotta hand it to Iran there. Hezbullah served its purpose nicely in Lebanon all these years, but when it was time for Iran to step up to the plate and defend them, no dice. Must suck to find out you truely are expendible.

The leader of Hezbollah just has yet to order all its followers to participate in the fighting.

Yeah and in the meantime they are getting slaughtered in Lebanon. Where's the beef? Ain't none is the point. There is not much help at all that I can see. Yet.

GSA

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Its an interesting post post True.

If israel is striking inside syria, then why have no syrian sams taken down the craft doing the chasing??

Or is this just a sit back and let hamas get slaughtered game, then roll right back into lebanon to take over and restore order at the 'request of the Lebanese goverment'...

Which ever way you look at it, hamas just got sold out and handed its arse on a plate to israel.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Why would you post this in ATS's Other Current Events Forum when you have a red hot Middle East Conflict Forum that is just begging for a thread like this?

Just wondering between bananas...

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Why would you post this in ATS's Other Current Events Forum when you have a red hot Middle East Conflict Forum that is just begging for a thread like this?

Just wondering between bananas...

Lol MM on the bananas.

Actually good question, and yep I thought about PTS for this. BUT, I decided that a conspiracy may be involved here. Notice the word "Clandestine"- ATS seemed more befitting. But hey, have at it. Throw debka and me into Majic's paradise.

More befitting because there may be a potential conspiracy in Israel intentionally trying to drag Syria into the war, through clandestine, under-reported acts ON THE SYRIAN SIDE OF THE BORDER. And hell, just using Debka is a conspiracy in itself around here. Besides, with all the new PTS traffic, seems like we should really keep some things for ATS. But surely I defer to the mod's judgement- move it if ya like.

top topics

join