It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has a current news picture, post it, its fun and easy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here is a thread dedicated to the photos of what people can find of current news from around the world, anywhere from anything, but it has to be current news. Make sure you give a little description of what it is though and the date of the picture taken.
If you want you can say something about the picture above you, a way of just saying what that picture really means to you.

This will be an awesoem thread if we all get in on it, not just for anyreason, but for that we can look back and see all that happened and see how we all reacted to each one.

How to post a picture
If you do not know how to post a picture, just click on the "black and white television, its called the "_javascript:newspic()" so have at it and let get some good pics in.

This picture is of Israeli soldiers traveling towards Lebanon, across the border where fear is very real. Date: July 19, 2006 Israel

[edit on 19-7-2006 by ragster]

[edit on 18/10/06 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Photo: AFP

I don't know when the picture is taken but it's recent. Published 07/28/2006 with the caption: "Israeli soldiers wave a tattered Hezbollah flag in southern Lebanon." (Spiegel)

At first I thought it was Hezbollah celebrating after capturing an Israeli vehicle...

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   

A firefighting plane dumps water on a blaze at solvent factory in Lavrio, around 60km (40 miles) south of Athens, Greece. 22-28 July
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, unfortunately Mel Gibson's mug shot is not online just yet. I will post it when it is finally up, until then my avatar will have to do.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

Hernan Acevedo: "A boy getting a free ride through the rural areas of Colombia on the road from Bogota to Neiva."

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

FL MORRIS / [email protected]

Honolulu Star-Bulletin: $815M radar 'golf ball' returns

It's designed to travel by sea to any location where the military needs to track missiles.

Check out this monster! 28-story, 50,000 tons, $815 million. It belongs to the Missile Defense Agency and it can identify baseball-size objects thousands of miles away. It is currently in Pearl Harbor for repairs. I wonder if it can detect golf balls as well...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

July has been the hottest month since records began in 1914, according to Met Office figures.
Source.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I really like this thread, why hasn't it taken off?

The Bavarian Finger Wrestling Championships have been staged in Pflugdorf, west of Munich.
news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Longest fingernails in the world

American Lee Redmond, 65, earned an entry in the latest edition of Guinness Book of Records with fingernails that have now reached a resplendent 24 feet, 7 inches. (Xinhua/Reuters Photo)

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Don't try this at home...

Eskil Rønningsbakken performed this stunt in Lysefjorden, Norway. There's 604 meters down to the water. His wife and kid were watching.

Photo: SINDRE LUNDVOLD

He did this last year (same place) :

Photo: SINDRE LUNDVOLD

Source (in Norwegian...)

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Faces of North Korea

Source

top topics

join