It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I imagine crop circle posts are common but.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Okay we have designs/glyphs etc. made in fields...intricate, mid blowing sometimes near impossible to fathom a human was behind this, my question is, are aliens behind the genuine phenomena? This is the info I have gathered on the subject thus far

-crop circles started popping up in england just before the turn of the century. I find it hard to believe that if this is the case, that aliens are behind the phenomena.
-they slowly developed into something more and more spectacular. This also is evidence of a man made hoax. Just like any other art it developed. I doubt aliens figured who evolved a better technique.
-people claim to be behind the phenomena and they have proof, photos, video, etc.

Im leaning towards, hoax. Can anyone point to any valid extraterrestrial cropcircle info? Maybe these "circle makers" are purposfully created disinfo. Ive heard the first historically reported crop circle was in ancient china

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I've read that a lot pop up in the states but there is speculation taht the U.S. covers them up. I personally beleive that.

Look at this.

360 Reported US & Ontario Crops Circles 1880-2004 !!??

What do you think? You really think there were people with sticks and wood making crop circles in 1880?

I personally believe crop circles have been going on ever for A LOT longer than just 120 years. Give it more like 1200+

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Techsnow]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
do you have a source?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just added one link. Theres many more out there though.

Dae

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zyklonBZ_22_19
-crop circles started popping up in england just before the turn of the century.

Not the turn of the century, much earlier than that.

"Mowing Devil" 1678

THE MOWING-DEVIL: OR, STRANGE NEWS OUT OF HARTFORD-SHIRE.
Being a True Relation of a Farmer, who Bargaining with a Poor Mower, about the Cutting down Three Half Acres of Oats: upon the Mower's asking too much, the Farmer swore That the Devil should Mow it rather than He. And so it fell out, that very Night, the Crop of Oat shew'd as if it had been all of a flame: but next Morning appear'd so neatly mow'd by the Devil or some Infernal Spirit, that no Mortal Man was able to do the like. Also, How the said Oats ly now in the Field, and the Owner has not Power to fetch them away.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
the most common refered too number of years is since the late 70's Ive never hear since the 1800's. Why is it that over the last 30-40 yyears they have been getting more complex???

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
ok I heard/read and seen pictures of circles from the 70's an dthey dont look as precise..they were sloppy. BTW Im playing devils advocate.....I am a believer... but whats with these morons "circlemakers" claiming the ET fame?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Why is it that over the last 30-40 yyears they have been getting more complex???

Assuming they are real and actually holds a message it would only be a natural consequence of the human mind/spirit beeing able to grasp more complicated messages as we mature.

ok I heard/read and seen pictures of circles from the 70's an dthey dont look as precise..they were sloppy. BTW Im playing devils advocate.....I am a believer... but whats with these morons "circlemakers" claiming the ET fame?

People seeking attention is found everywere, pranksters alike. Some years back we found some stonecarvings were i lived, supposed to date from our first settlements. Everyone bought it, local newspaper wrote about it, turned out be a guy having some fun, he did
We have a lot of real ones around here too tho...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
We can't really know if they've become more complex or more common - but we can be sure that we have more access and ability to take pictures of them and broadcast those pictures worldwide.

100 years ago alot of people probably were afraid to mention crop circles, since it was associated with unknown and dark powers. Now people are more openly curious. Plus the geometrical implications of crop circles are more available to commoners - more and more people know about math, unlike the past when the niceties of geometry were relatively confined to the higher classes.

That recent windmill 3D one was breath-taking. I think they're like good art that whispers a silent caress into the depths of soul.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Sure there have been hoaxes, but the simply cannot be all manmade. Here are som reasons why:

-Some have appeared in broad daylight and within half an hour or less. One example is the incredible complex fractal found next to Stonehenge. A pilot reports flying over the are when it was just a normal field and coming back half an hour later to find a huuuuuge formation. It's also right next to a major road...

-The hoaxers who have claimed to be behind this have done a few examples in front of cameras. They typically use several hours if not days and the formations are smaller, cruder and has more errors than genuine formations.

-The plants of genuine formations are not broken the way all man made are (made with the famous rope and board technique) but rather they are bent at the stem. Some have blown nodes as if they were cooked. If left alone they will rise up and continue growing.

-The seeds are affected. Depending on at what stage of the growth the formation was made they will either grow much faster than the seeds from the area outside the formation, or sometimes not at all.

-The soil inside the formation often contains tiny magnetized iron beads, and there are other changes in the soil that have been thorougly documented.

-Cameras and electronic instruments will often stop working inside (or above if you're in a plane) the formation just to work again as soon as you step out of it.

I have many more points, and I will add some links later, but right now my friend is outside in the car waiting for me so I got to run... Let me know what you think though. I'd like to see hoaxers explain how they create these effects!

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Here are some quotes and links for those of you who want to look into this phenomenon with an open mind. I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion as I have: They are NOT all manmade!

Enlarged (both laterally and longitudinally) plant stem nodes (the fibrous "knuckle-like protuberances found along the plant stem, technically called pulvini). Although these stem nodes are often both laterally enlarged ("fatter") and longitudinally enlarged ("stretched"), it was determined that the node elongation (stretching) was a permanent effect related to the formation energies, and this is the parameter now used.
BLT Research -- Plant Abnormalties

NODE ELONGATION IN WHEAT
(an extreme case here of 200+%)

CONTROLS IN WHEAT
(from the same formation)

Stunted, malformed seeds and germination effects. There are four basic changes to the seeds and germination capability in crop circle plants documented so far. These radically different reproductive effects depend upon the species of crop involved, the growth phase of the plants at the time the crop circle occurs, and the composition and intensity level of the energy system involved (which appears to differ slightly within each event as well as from event to event)

SEED-HEADS, WHEAT
Crop circle seed-head (right) has no seeds, due to destruction of plant's reproductive capacity. Found only when crop circles occur in very immature plants.

Finally, when crop circles occur in mature plants with fully formed seeds, these seeds often exhibit a statistically significant massive increase in growth rate and vigor, with growth-rate up to five times the rate of the control seeds. Further, these seedlings can tolerate extreme stress (lack of water and/or light) for considerable periods of time without apparent harm.

INCREASED GROWTH-RATE OF FORMATION SEEDLINGS
(as opposed to controls), in seeds from crop which
was mature when crop circle formed.

While most earlier reports are of simple small circles and rings, the phenomenon has "evolved" over the years into a wider variety of several thousand known formations to date, including much larger and increasingly complex geometric patterns, often ranging up to several hundred feet or more in size. They have been found in almost every type of cereal crop and other vegetation, including wheat, barley, canola, oats, flax, canary seed, cattle corn, rice paddies, blueberry plants, wild grass pasture fields and even trees.
Canadian Crop Circle Research Network

State of the Art: Milk Hill, Wiltshire, England, August 12, 2001, 787' diameter with
409 circles, certainly one of the most complex ever - the "cream of the crop!"

Two shots of the famous first Julia Set formation, The Single Julia. One image shows Stonehenge in the background -- a mandatory shot. The other looks almost straight down at the great crop circle.

That should do it for now...

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
indeed, i find it hard to believe people can pull some of those designs off with such precision in one night

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wrong board post

[edit on 5-10-2006 by something smells]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
In making my last thread about crop circles I read somewhere that true documentation of crop circles didn't catch on until around the 1970's. So it is pretty hard to tell how many were truly found prior to that.

I know that in my area of the world (Saskatchewan, Canada) there have been many, and many reported since the land was first worked.

I believe that perhaps there are a few true "circles" that have been caused by something other than mankind... but I believe most are done by humans.

Still there is much to be explained in the circle world.

I remember making a thread long ago about the possibility of sound having and impact on the crops. Apparently it can cause the crop to bend over like found in some circles.

new topics

top topics

join