It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush: One of America's best presidents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Where are the historians ranking him as one of the worst presidents? Any links to your sources?

Sure thing.
hnn.us...

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Personally, I don't need any professional historians telling me how bad he is. I've never seen anything like it before. Ever. Nixon was never as bad. And if you're my age, or older (37), that's hard to imagine. He's not only a bad president, though, he's throughly corrupt. And hardly the Christian he claims to be.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
And EastCoast,

From your very own source.

Additionally, it is, of course, as one respondent rightly noted, “way too early to make a valid comparison (we need another 50 years).” And such an informal survey is plainly not scientifically reliable. Yet the results are so overwhelming and so different from the perceptions of the general public that an attempt to explain and assess their reactions merits our attention. It may be, as one pro-Bush historian said in his or her written response to the poll, “I suspect that this poll will tell us nothing about President Bush’s performance vis-à-vis his peer group, but may confirm what we already know about the current crop of history professors.” The liberal-left proclivities of much of the academic world are well documented, and some observers will dismiss the findings as the mere rantings of a disaffected professoriate. “If historians were the only voters,” another pro-Bush historian noted, “Mr. Gore would have carried 50 states.” It is plain that many liberal academics have the same visceral reaction against the second President Bush that many conservatives did against his immediate predecessor.

The political views of a majority of Professors has been well documented.
Nuff said

Semper

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thank goodness we have Bush in office who does not side with Hezbollah terrorists like I see a lot of liberals do. Bush has so far done everything I would expect him to do. And because I don't buy all that 9/11 conspiracy garbage, I believe his reaction to track down terrorist organizations in the middle-east was essential not only for the United States, but for the world! Bush will be remembered as one of the best Presidents, and his opponents will be the only ones looking like fools. And if he was running in 2008, I would vote him in again!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Bush is America's worst President - look at the poles and circle the wagons and BOHICA - lame duck.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Based upon the intelligence that Pres. Bush aquires he is able to determine what actions to take. And it is clear that he has carefully determined a strategy along with our military to remove several terrorist operations throughout the middle-east. They don't set up these training camps in just Saudi Arabia, they have them in many places, even here in the US. The information that our President gets is confidential which is why he will not disclose it to the public as it would undermine the purpose, and the security of Americans everywhere. Shame on NY Times, they did something that could be called TREASON!

You are so wrong in what you're saying. The NYTimes was expressing their rights of being part of our "FREE" press and our supposed "right" to "FREEDOM of Speech" NEITHER OF WHICH WE HAVE ANYMORE *thank you BUSH*

If you're so "moderate" why are you taking such a "conservative" stance?
"Your" conservative presidents have done more to harm our country than anyone like bin laden could EVER hope to accomplish!

"Conservatisim" = big business and what's good for big business? WAR!

Reagan (conservative republican)
busted the air traffic controllers union which lead to other unions seeing dwindling numbers of members

instituted his "trickledown" theory of economics
which put more money in corporations pockets and less in ours

devalued our dollar which has lead to todays current high prices for everything

george bush sr. (conservative republican)

*as his "last gasp" before leaving office*
pushed for NAFTA and the world trade agreement

(which clinton could NOT veto because it passed both the house and senate as he was being elected)
so all he could do was sign it into law

that lead to truckers from mexico ($7.75 per hour and felt they were rich) delivering goods from mexico to canada and ALL points in between

*not to mention running goods from canada to the US and from the US to mexico*
**thanks bush for giving away our jobs**

george bush jr. (conservative republican)

has done more than 2 world wars could do to take away our "constituitionally garanteed" rights

he passed the patriot act (some of which I can agree with) and has had "his" supreme court negate huge portions of our rights by declaring them to be "archaic and outdated, therefore, no longer apply"

our 1st ammendment which set us apart from the rest of the world gave us the right to petition our government for "redress of grievances" NO LONGER APPLIES!!

our 2nd ammendment which gave us the right to keep and bear arms has been systematically taken apart to the point that it no longer resembles the "intent" of our forefathers

so "revel" and bask in the conservative glory which has TOTALLY destroyed not only the intent of our founders but also MANY of our heavy industry and manufacturing JOBS that YOUR parents and their parents before them used as a vehicle to get YOU where you are today!!!

paying high prices for everything

unable to do things that YOUR parents and their parents before them took for granted

left YOU to watch our state parks be deforrested for the lumber

watching as they cut down the last of the giant sequoias and redwoods (which have been in existance for thousands of years)

he even opened up the Alaskan Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Thank goodness we have Bush in office who does not side with Hezbollah terrorists like I see a lot of liberals do. Bush has so far done everything I would expect him to do. And because I don't buy all that 9/11 conspiracy garbage, I believe his reaction to track down terrorist organizations in the middle-east was essential not only for the United States, but for the world! Bush will be remembered as one of the best Presidents, and his opponents will be the only ones looking like fools. And if he was running in 2008, I would vote him in again!

Think again! Bush has NOT found bin laden but yet you still think he's doing such a great job! He HAS found the "ACE" which had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11!

The only reason he even went there was to finish what his daddy had started 10 years earlier! NO WMDs were found! The true reason for him finishing what his daddy started was to take control of Iraqs oil fields. *which he has done quite well*

Now add this into the mix:

www.projectcensored.org...

It will help you get a clearer picture of what is going on here that shouldn't be happening in this day and age!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
My crystal ball says Bush will leave office in disgrace,
hopefully at gunpoint in shackles.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Thank goodness we have Bush in office who does not side with Hezbollah terrorists like I see a lot of liberals do.

Yes, thats it, mini-Ann Coulter...you blame those Liberals
My question to you is very simple, do you know anything about Liberalism?(without using google) your nation was created on it. I do think its pretty, well, brain dead in thinking Bush is one of America's best president (especially when conservatives are turning away from him now) and its childish chanting "darn liberals" just to get attention. Bush has done some good things in office, but the bad points are now starting to over shadow those.

laiguana, when you stop blaming everything on "liberals" (something you know nothing about) and develope a non-childish political view, U2U me and we'll then discussing the record of the Bush administration

[edit on 30-7-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

While he may be president in 2008, You may not have the right to vote

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
One more term for Bush and then we will definatedly really have what you call a dictatorship.

Heaven help us!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
One more term for Bush and then we will definatedly really have what you call a dictatorship.

Heaven help us!

if that happens ...come morning I'm a Cuban. And Im not even latino.

*edit-addition

[edit on 30-7-2006 by TONE23]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23

Originally posted by dgtempe

Heaven help us!

if that happens ...come morning I'm a Cuban.
You and me, bro.

One we reach the island, i can show you the sights!

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
One of the many reason I am glad I live in the Keys.. Its only ninety miles by water to Cuba... and slightly more than that to jamaica... Maybe Id rather go there...lol

Either way... If this is the best president we have ever had.. then I would hate to see the worst.

MODS please delete THIS post as it is a double.. but without the entire quote

[edit on 30-7-2006 by TONE23]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
One of the many reason I am glad I live in the Keys.. Its only ninety miles by water to Cuba... and slightly more than that to jamaica... Maybe Id rather go there...lol

Either way... If this is the best president we have ever had.. then I would hate to see the worst.

I guess the biggest point is that, thankfully, he CANNOT run for a third term. whewww.. thank god for small favors.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If Bush and Company were to invoke Martial Law in order to retain power, there would be just
cause for rioting in the streets.

We would make The Orange Revolution in Ukraine look like a garden party.

We would become insurgents to the Bush administration and all them good 'ol boys
with guns would "Bring It" if anyone tried to suspend their constitutional right to bear arms.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My father used to take me to Jamaica on his boat as a child. Awesome from what i can remember! Cuba es muy bonita!

There's no food in Cuba, per se, but fishing is always an option.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

If Bush and Company were to invoke Martial Law in order to retain power, there would be just
cause for rioting in the streets.

We would make The Orange Revolution in Ukraine look like a garden party.

We would become insurgents to the Bush administration and all them good 'ol boys
with guns would "Bring It" if anyone tried to suspend their constitutional right to bear arms.

CIVIL WAR-What a mess!!! BTW, from what is beeing seen right now, this is the way it will most probably be.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
All of you narrow minded liberal scum need to get off of Bush's case.

Isn't that kind of an oxymoron? You accusing people of being narrow minded while you are calling them liberal scum? Calling people liberal scum is quite narrow minded to me.

I am a moderate, I'm definatly not a big fan of Bush, but I feel Kerry would've been worse. I apologize but I have nothing to back that up. I shouldn't have to back it up since it is nothing more than my opinion.

I really feel that in America we are so busy having this left wing/right wing argument that we are becoming blind to what is really going on. People are voting for candidates, not because of where candidates are standing on the issues, but just for the simple reason that that candidate is in the party they blindly support.

I may not agree with Laiguana, but I respect her right to have her opinion.
I just find it really sad that this topic can't be discussed without a bunch of political name calling and accusations.

[edit on 30-7-2006 by snowflake_obsidian]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
snowflake,

I am not sure but I think The Vagabond was being fecicious(sp?)

Vag is a very very level headed and intelligent poster(I dont think he wouldve been made a FSME for being so blatantly hippocritical.

I could be wrong ... but I dont think I am.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join