It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Troops Fighting in Lebanon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hundreds of Iranian Revolutionary Guards are in Lebanon fighting fighting Israel according to an Arab diplomatic source who is not named in the article. The main objective of the Revolutionary Guards, who are usually a few dozens but whose size has increased due to the latest confrontation between Israel and Hezbollah militants in Lebanon, is to control Zalzal missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles.

www.nysun.com
Hundreds of Iranian Revolutionary Guard personnel are on the ground in Lebanon fighting Israel, security sources say.

"I have no doubt whatsoever that they are there and operating some of the equipment," an Arab diplomatic source told The New York Sun yesterday.

Another foreign source, based in Washington, said the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps contingent in Lebanon is based in Beirut and in the Bekaa Valley. He said the troops usually number a few dozen, but that the size of the force increased in connection with the hostilities that have broken out between Israel and Iran's proxy, Hezbollah, over the past week.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I found this article from the New York Sun, but I don't have time to find other articles to corroborate the information provided above, as i have to go back to work. If this is true then it shows that Iran is involved in the conflict.

[edit on 19/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Fox News: Iran Denies Troops in Lebanon

IRNA

That's all I could find on the subject that looked like the same thing as what you mentioned. Let's hope that this is a mistake. I truly do, because I would hate to see what this could bring if Iran has been sending troops to fight.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If true, iran (and their apologists) would be finally exposed in their big lie. Of course, their big lie would soon turn out to also be iran's big mistake.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Given Muaddib's track record of amonsity towards Islam in general and specifically Iran, I have to really question anything on the subject that he submits. If they are, it could expand this conflict greatly. The pinhead in chief is already clueless as to how to deal with this situition...an expansion would paralyze him. The fact that it is an unnamed source calls the whole thing into question though.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hear is another similar link on the same topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This exspanchen was probably going to happen, just ver sad.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It has been reported in Israel that special force troops who fought in Maroun a-ras in southern Lebanon have encountered troops who fought against them and they were shouting in Farsi.

It is highly likely that the missile that hit the Israeli corvette was manned by Iranians as well since the missile requires a platform and programming before it is launched.

Iranian equipment was captured in Bint Jbiel.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Given Muaddib's track record of amonsity towards Islam in general and specifically Iran, I have to really question anything on the subject that he submits.

Although you should question anything that comes out of today's media, I don't think it's right to question it just because of who submitted the article to ATSNN. Sure Muaddib might not be too friendly towards Iran, but he is a respectable member of ATS and I don't think his articles should be questioned based on his opinions. Instead question it for other things, like the fact that the timing is quite coincidental.

If they are, it could expand this conflict greatly. The pinhead in chief is already clueless as to how to deal with this situition...an expansion would paralyze him. The fact that it is an unnamed source calls the whole thing into question though.

I'll have to agree with you that Iranian troops fighting in the area would definatly expand problems, and that the president will be in a tough situation. My guess is that if Iranian troops really are fighting the Israeli's will essentially force the US and possibly the UK to greatly expand material support to Israel depending on how much Iran has commited. The worst case scenario is that we'll have to send forces to assist Israel, which would essentially be throwing a stick of dynamite into an already well burning fire.

But there are a few questions I think we should ask ourselves here. First is whether or not these soldiers are actually there. Second is whether or not they've been sent by the Iranian government or if they're simply volunteers. Third is whether or not the volunteers that I've heard reported going to Lebanon to fight were actually just a cover for soldiers sent by the Iranian government. And finally, what's the possiblity of Israel aquiring Iranian equipment over the black market and then planting it in order to gain more world support?

top topics

join