It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three U.S. Law Enforcement Officers Beheaded at Mexican Border.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm still a little confused and need a bit of geographical help. How far is Tijuana from the border guard station in San Diego?

I'm asking because the heads of the Mexican police from Rosarita Beach were found in Tijuana, while the bodies were found in Rosarita Beach.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I'm still a little confused and need a bit of geographical help. How far is Tijuana from the border guard station in San Diego?

I'm asking because the heads of the Mexican police from Rosarita Beach were found in Tijuana, while the bodies were found in Rosarita Beach.

The Unites States Border Patrol Offices are located at the border between Chula Vista and Tijuana.
Mapquest map for reference, zoom in and move a little south.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Thank you for the directions.

I still don't think these are American law enforcement officials they are talking about. Nowhere has anybody said they were, the time frame is perfect for the Rosarita Beach murders and Tijuana could definitely be considered a few miles from where the meeting was held. The facts presented here are exactly the same as the ones from Rosarita Beach.

Another curious thing is this statement (from the Plantek link in the original post, emphasis mine):

It appears the law enforcement officers were on the Mexican side of the border and were beheaded by organized crime. Beheading is a practice of terrorists and that should concern all Americans regardless of their Nation.

This sounds like a 'Oops, we were wrong that they were Americans but you should still be outraged' kind of retraction.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
nonsense?.... right...go tell that to the organized crime bosses and gangs that are in control of drugs these days and see how civilized they respond to you....

Right...

And why aren't organized crime bosses in control of alcohol these days like they were during the prohibition?

Why aren't drugs in Amsterdam controlled by organized crime?

You know who benefits from the American prohibition of drugs? Terrorists. Where do you think they would get funding from if they couldn't make such a huge profit off of the illegal drug industry in America?

Where do you think the CIA would get their black budget? From a CIA bake sale?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

As I said there will be no crime bosses involved. The turf will simply be usurped by retailers and the drug lords will have nothing to say about it.

They probably won't be saying anything about it, but they won't go down without a fight either...

Originally posted by df1
Rich overweight white talk show hosts get a free pass on their drug abuse, while those not so economically advantaged go to jail. Come talk to me about the interests of society when government makes the enforcement of drug laws equal for everyone.

Lets end the senseless killing of our drug war troops.

and that gives anyone the excuse to "demand" all illegal drugs to be legal and make the United States more of a drugaddict country?....

You are confusing freedom with Anarchy...as other members do around here...

df1

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You are confusing freedom with Anarchy...

You already have anarchy and a the loss of freedom. Beheaded cops is hardly a sign of civility.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
How come this isn't in any mainstream new? This surely is a big deal and would constitute at least a small CNN mention.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

and that gives anyone the excuse to "demand" all illegal drugs to be legal and make the United States more of a drugaddict country?....

You are confusing freedom with Anarchy...as other members do around here...

Mauddib,

I like debating with you and all, but sometimes you just miss the point. Here, the point isn't that the drugs are going to kill people. The point is that all people should have the ability and right to decide for themselves what they'd like to do in their spare time. If they want to get high, they should be able to, so long as they do it with respect to others. They can get as drunk as a skunk right now, and so long as they have someone else that's sober drive them home, it's completely legal. How is this any different? Explain this to me, will you please?

And before you launch into a verbal assault on that statement, let me reassure you yet again that we already have laws about public intoxication. They also serve equally for being high. I'm still trying to figure out why everyone thinks that the War on Drugs is working at all. People don't care to hear anymore about it. I remember dreading those anti-drug rallies that my elementary schools would have. Only good thing out of it was a break from class for about an hour or two.

I think that the main focus should instead be on the killings of these people by these armed men and their apprehension/punishment.

Oh, and as for staying on topic, I am. I made sure to pay attention to the content of the main post before I replied. Yes, I saw that about the guys being killed, but the "why were they killed" question was what the crux of the post was about. So I did keep to the topic. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to read my ramblings.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
If they want to get high, they should be able to, so long as they do it with respect to others. They can get as drunk as a skunk right now, and so long as they have someone else that's sober drive them home, it's completely legal. How is this any different? Explain this to me, will you please?

People rob and kill others just to get money to get high, yet you think that making illegal drugs legal is going to solve all the problems with drugs?.... You think that people reason and have respect, or any measure of common sense for others when they are high, or when they have withdrawal symptoms from not being able to buy drugs?.......

I know there are people who wouldn't think twice about making America the #1 drugaddict country in the world just so they can use their favorite illegal drug, but most people would rather not see drugs being legal and easier for their kids to get their hands on them.

df1

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

People rob and kill others just to get money to get high...

This happens because the drug war inflates the cost of buying drugs far beyond the actual cost of the drugs. Were these drugs priced at their true cost the price would be pennies per dose. At this lower price they would be affordable to folks earning minimum wage which would dramatically reduce crime and violence

I know there are people who wouldn't think twice about making America the #1 drugaddict country in the world just so they can use their favorite illegal drug, but most people would rather not see drugs being legal and easier for their kids to get their hands on them.

What poppycock. The problem with getting drugs legalized is the fear mongering & deceit spewed by those opposed to drugs being made legal which is intended to drown out all other voices.

People continue to die, police forces get corrupted, turf wars grip our neighborhoods, drugs infest our schools and this is all a direct result of the "drug war". The "drug war" is a total failure and yet the "drug war" is defended. Defense of the "drug war" clearly shows that the police officers in the article aren't the only ones to have lost their heads.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

People rob and kill others just to get money to get high...

This happens because the drug war inflates the cost of buying drugs far beyond the actual cost of the drugs. Were these drugs priced at their true cost the price would be pennies per dose. At this lower price they would be affordable to folks earning minimum wage which would dramatically reduce crime and violence

What some people would do to try to push the agenda of making all illegal drugs legal...

Actually, people rob and kill for money to get drugs because many drugaddicts can't keep their jobs because of their addiction. No job no money, no money no drugs, so they resort to stealing, robbing and killing.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yes I agree Maudibb. We should not even be considering legalizing drugs. It is just completely illogical. We should also be adding things to the list of what needs to be banned. Caffiene and nicotine should be banned from production world wide. These man-made drugs destroy humanity and ruin millions of lives world-wide every year. We could sell soda and tobacco, just leave out the man-made drugs that are added to them. Caffiene is a highly addictive substance. It is the most widely used substance for cutting coc aine before selling on the streets. They sell it in powder form at some local smoke shops in cities. They sell it here in Tampa for 120$ a kilo. at a shop called The Perfect Place. We need to stop this!!

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

People rob and kill others just to get money to get high, yet you think that making illegal drugs legal is going to solve all the problems with drugs?....

Take the most prolific drug of all time as an example, alcohol. During prohibition, they did anything they could to make sure they had enough supply to handle the demand of the people wanting booze. That included black marketing the alcohol, as well as bullying, and yes, sometimes killing people to put the leverage on others to supply. It's a simple matter of legalizing these other drugs to stop this unwarranted killing of buyers/sellers.

You think that people reason and have respect, or any measure of common sense for others when they are high, or when they have withdrawal symptoms from not being able to buy drugs?.......

The same could be said about Alcohol. Since when is Alcohol not considered a drug? I'd like to know the numbers of people killed every year by alcohol versus the numbers killed by other recreational drugs. Maybe that'd shed some light on the situation.

And yet they are so willing to allow them to go drink as much as they want. I'm amazed by the sheer lack of forethought on this by many people. Just because alcohol is legal doesn't mean that it's not a drug. It just means that the government failed to learn how to properly regulate it when they last tried. The same is happening with the current "War on Drugs" in the US and surrounding countries.

TheBorg

df1

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Actually, people rob and kill for money to get drugs because many drugaddicts can't keep their jobs because of their addiction. No job no money, no money no drugs, so they resort to stealing, robbing and killing.

People that kill and steal should be prosecuted whether they steal to pay the rent, buy an HDTV or buy drugs. We have laws that cover these types of crime and nobody is proposing that they be relaxed. Government is within its proper limits when it is protecting property rights, however the powers of government are abused when they are used to impose morality.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Why is it that people exagerate trying to make a point?......

Alright, let me use that logic then......so, i guess depraved and demented people who rape girls and boys should not be "imposed any laws by the government"... "morality should never be imposed by the government huh"?....

what about incest? There are a lot of demented and sick fathers and mothers that would love this to be legal too...

I know there are people that love drugs, and they would love to have all illegal drugs being legal...but they are not, and they should stay that way, we have enough problems with drugs to add more by making them legal...

[edit on 22-7-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Muadibb, I do think you're missing the point.

The war on drugs is a war on personal freedom and the cause of many societal woes at the same time.

Quite a lot different than incest. A child has the right to grow up without being abused. It's really apples and oranges on that example you've given.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Mauddib:

Do you have drinks at all? If so, would you mind if the government made alcohol illegal again? You wouldn't be able to go get your alcohol fix anymore, and so you'd either have to suffer without it, or go find it through some underhanded means.

Or how about smoking a cigarrette or cigar? If they illegalized Tobacco because of all of the deaths they cause, then we could get rid of that bad habit too.

Once that's done, we could make Caffeine illegal, so that that bad habit is done away with as well. Not to mention we gotta illegalize gas, paint, and anything else with noxious fumes that children can inhale.

Do you see the slippery slope you're starting to go down here? I think it's best to just avoid the whole dang thing by making all the drugs legal. People are gonna get them no matter what. Why make it so damned costly? I have a conspiracy theory on that one, but that's for a thread of it's own, at a later time. For now, please ponder this, and let me know what you think.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   

The main reason why I said there is a posibility these police officers were involved with organized crime is because.

“What we are seeing is that organized crime is penetrating many police groups, and this is the line of investigation that we have,” Mexican Attorney General Daniel Cabeza de Vaca said during a news conference at the Hotel Camino Real.

Cabeza de Vaca stopped short of saying whether the officers and a civilian who was killed with them were believed to have been involved in organized crime.

Wait a minute... Is the attorney Generals name "head of the Cow"??
Seriously, if this is legit then what the hell were his parents thinking? And if not who's the retard who attempted to make up this last name? Too funny

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amante
Wait a minute... Is the attorney Generals name "head of the Cow"??
Seriously, if this is legit then what the hell were his parents thinking? And if not who's the retard who attempted to make up this last name? Too funny

For your information, Cabeza de Vaca is a relatively used name because it was the name of some important people in Spain when the Americas were found.

The first European to explore Florida was Alvar Nuñez Cabeza de Vaca.

And yes, the Mexican attorney General is Daniel Cabeza de Vaca Hernández.

Back on topic, after a search in Mexican sites, it looks like decapitation is a "new" way of killing people in México.

Edit just to add a link to another case, drug related, but apparently not related to the one that originated this thread.

Apparently, the drug wars have become more serious this year in México.

[edit on 23/7/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
They were Mexican police officers, the following news piece talks about their funerals and the possibility of the murders had been comited by members of the "Mara salvatrucha", a Salvadoran gang.

Source

Durante las honras fúnebres de los agentes de la DSPM, a las que asistieron policías de Tecate y Tijuana, Montijo Pompa calificó de "imposible" la intervención de la "Mara salvatrucha" porque consideró que fue una emboscada para terminar con gran parte de la corporación.

El cortejo fúnebre con los cuerpos de Jesús Hernández Ballesteros, Ismael Arellano Torres y Benjamín Fabián Ventura Isida, los policías asesinados, inició a las 10:00 horas cuando partieron de Funerales San Ramón rumbo a la parroquia Santo Niño de Atocha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join