It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three U.S. Law Enforcement Officers Beheaded at Mexican Border.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Three U.S. law enforcement officers were beheaded by organized crime, apparently after crossing the border into Mexico. The crime was reported during a Border Vulnerability and International Terrorism hearing, near San Diego, California on July 5, 2006, and the hearing was recorded by CSPAN.

www.plantek.us
House International Relations Subcommittee on International Terrorism and Nonproliferation Chairman Ed Royce (R-CA) holds the first of two hearings on Border Vulnerability and International Terrorism. Witnesses include various border patrol officials. The hearing took place near San Diego, California on July 5, 2006 and lasted 3 hours 45 minutes and was recorded by CSPAN.

Some readers have read more into the story than initially reported. It appears the law enforcement officers were on the Mexican side of the border and were beheaded by organized crime. Beheading is a practice of terrorists and that should concern all Americans regardless of their Nation.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

All the information and links found below can be found at the Plantek site given in the above article.

Authorities in Mexico even said in one of the articles that police connections with organized crime were also part of the beheading of the U.S. law enforcement officers.

The bodies of the police officers were found with the body of a civilian at Rosarito Beach, while the heads were found in Tijuana.

It "appears" that these police officers "could" have been involved with organized crime in Mexico, or they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Related News Links:
www.plantek.us
www.signonsandiego.com
www.c-span.org

Related ATS Discussion Links:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Muaddib]

[edit on 19/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 19/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure from your comment if these were dirty cops, or if they were investigating organized crime. Your statement that they could be involved with organized crime is ambiguous--please clarify.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer70
I'm not sure from your comment if these were dirty cops, or if they were investigating organized crime. Your statement that they could be involved with organized crime is ambiguous--please clarify.

Maybe they were, maybe they weren't. I think what really happened was that these officers saw something they were not supposed to see, they were kidnapped and decapitated. It is also possible these officers were part of an investigation into a drug ring coming from Mexico, and this is why they were kidnapped. What I still don't understand is why was a civilian also decapitated? There isn't much information to tell one way or the other.

The main reason why I said there is a posibility these police officers were involved with organized crime is because.

“What we are seeing is that organized crime is penetrating many police groups, and this is the line of investigation that we have,” Mexican Attorney General Daniel Cabeza de Vaca said during a news conference at the Hotel Camino Real.

Cabeza de Vaca stopped short of saying whether the officers and a civilian who was killed with them were believed to have been involved in organized crime.

www.signonsandiego.com...

I am not sure either way but who knows. Either way i do feel for the families these police officers and that civilian left behind.

df1

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
These folks are dead because of the drug war, our other failed war.

The answer is simple, end the drug war. No more crooked cops, no bloody drug turf wars, fewer dead cops, fewer innocent citizens dead, reduced court dockets, reduced prison population and a world of other benefits. The prohibition failed to stop the consumption of alcohol and the war on drugs hasnt stopped the consumption of drugs.

Continuing a policy that has no record of ever being successful is nothing short of insane.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The main though I had on this one was that maby this will slap some of our statesmen into relising that we need more border security.

As it seems thus far they have voted against it.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Continuing a policy that has no record of ever being successful is nothing short of insane.

Yet legalizing drugs will triple the amount of people dead because of "drugs being legal".... and there will always be gang/organized crime wars because of drugs as they fight against each other to have control of the sales of drugs, it will simply be a lot worse than it is now.

Mexico has more corrupt police officers than any other nation, who are in the drug cartel, and Mexico is one of the worse, if not the worse place where violence due to drugs occurs.

The United States will become another Mexico if illegal drugs are "legalized".

The insanity will come with "legalizing all drugs"...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
is there video of the beheading?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have not found a credible source that indicates that the beheaded officers were US law enforcement officers.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I have not found a credible source that indicates that the beheaded officers were US law enforcement officers.

You might be right. i am trying to find the hearing with no luck, there is an 11 second interview with a Sheriff Kolender who says police officers were killed and decapitated but nothing is said about what officers he was talking about. It is a bit strange that only 11 seconds of the conversation are given.

www.plantek.us...

The one link on such a hearing i did find was of July 6 th, and I don't see anything there about decapitated officers, only about attacks on U.S. police officers. The hearing where this sheriff is interviewed is supposed to be on July 5th.

"Drug cartels, smuggling rings and gangs operating on both the Mexico and U.S. sides are increasingly well-equipped and more brazen than ever before in attacking federal, state and local law enforcement officials," said subcommittee Chairman Rep. Ed Royce, R-Fullerton, at the opening of the hearing.

www.dailybulletin.com...

[edit on 20-7-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Found a video of the hearing on July 5th.

It is the 6th link downwards on the following page.

www.c-span.org...,I;&ArchiveDays=100&Page=4

The interview is for 3 hours 45 minutes, I won't be able to see it tonight.

What i did find interesting at the beginning of the hearing, at about 48 minutes into the hearing they talk about Iranian, Afgahnistani, Iraqi and other middle eastern men were aprehended trying to get into the U.S. illegally.

Anyways, if anyone listens to the whole interview, if you have time, to confirm whether or not Sheriff Kolender speaks about U.S. officers being decapitated I would appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Yet legalizing drugs will triple the amount of people dead because of "drugs being legal".... and there will always be gang/organized crime wars because of drugs as they fight against each other to have control of the sales of drugs, it will simply be a lot worse than it is now.

Mexico has more corrupt police officers than any other nation, who are in the drug cartel, and Mexico is one of the worse, if not the worse place where violence due to drugs occurs.

The United States will become another Mexico if illegal drugs are "legalized".

The insanity will come with "legalizing all drugs"...

How is that line of thought even logical? If all drugs were legalized, there'd be no drug war since there's nothing to fight over. People could grow all the marijuana they wanted, they could make all of the drugs they want to, and they could use them without fear that a police officer will find out and arrest them.

There are laws in place to prevent alcoholics from driving. These laws are also in place for people on drugs. If people weren't so busy trying to hide the drugs from the cops, there would be no need for secretly trafficking the drugs to different places.

Not to mention, where did you get that figure of tripling the number of deaths of drugusers from? Don't you think that if someone wants to use drugs that they can find them easily enough right now as it is. True, they would be easier to acquire if they were made legal, but that wouldn't cause as drastic an upswing in the use of drugs I don't think. In mho, I think that the numbers would drop, because as we all know, most new drug users are teenagers. Most teenagers start doing drugs because it's something that they've been prohibited from doing, all the while they're going through their rebellious stage. See the correlation yet? It's the same reason for everyone. They do it because it's their way of rebelling against "The Man". Of course they're going to do stuff that's not right.

I just think that there's two sides to a story, and so I've posted the other side. I'd like to, at this time, make the point that I don't do any drugs. Never have, nor do I plan to anytime soon. I just don't like the idea of making people's decisions for them, since that deprives the world of the freedom to choose.

As a counterpoint to Mexico, let me use Amsterdam as an example. What kind of crime rate do they have there? If memory serves me correctly, it's fairly low. All in a country that's got drugs on every corner.

TheBorg

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well, i was able to find where Chairman Ed Royce introduces Sheriff Kolender, that part of the interview starts at about 1:48:20, at 1:57:30 Sheriff Kolender finishes his speech and nothing is said about decapitated officers. The different Sheriffs are then asked questions, but it is still too long for me to listen to it all, if anyone has the time and wants to listen to it, I would appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

How is that line of thought even logical? If all drugs were legalized, there'd be no drug war since there's nothing to fight over.
TheBorg

Nothing to fight over?... You think organized crime would love that every Joe and Jane can "make their own drugs"?.... Illegal drugs is a multimillion business....you do the math...

Anyways...drugs are not the topic of this thread, so please lets stay in topic.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Nothing to fight over?... You think organized crime would love that every Joe and Jane can "make their own drugs"?.... Illegal drugs is a multimillion business....you do the math...

Anyways...drugs are not the topic of this thread, so please lets stay in topic.

So organized crime would target every Joe and Jane then? The way I see it is drug dealers become legitimate business people once the product they sell becomes legal.

They way your post read, it sounds like you believe that Organized Crime is going to kill John Doe because he can now run down to the Kwik-E-Mart and buy a pack of marijuana cigarettes instead of secretly meeting with a thug on the corner.

df1

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   

drugs are not the topic of this thread...

In my view this thread is only about drugs and organized crime except to those few with a macabre interest in beheadings. These deaths and a mulitude of others are a direct result of the misguided "drug war" being waged on american citizens by their own government.

The bodies of the four men were found in Rosarito Beach and their heads were found in Tijuana on June 21 in what has been widely interpreted as a sign of rivalries between drug-trafficking groups, who typically form links with certain law enforcement officials.

Five men are being held under house arrest in connection with the crime, according to a statement released this week by the Federal Attorney General's Office, which is overseeing the investigation. Authorities will have 90 days to collect evidence for prosecution.

The five, who are being held on suspicion of organized crime activities, kidnapping and drug-related crimes, were identified as José Joaquín Jiménez Jiménez, José Angel Espinoza Leyva, Miguel Serrano García, Pedro Rodríguez Mejía and Apolinar Ochoa Quiroz.

Organized crime groups, in particular drug traffickers, are suspected of being behind a rash of violence aimed at law enforcement groups in recent months. In April, armed men in Mexicali shot hundreds of times at a convoy of cars carrying Baja California's secretary of public security, Manuel Díaz Lerma, who escaped harm. In May, assailants stormed a Tijuana building where a federal agent was working and gunned him down.

Do you read your own links?

Nonsense. Any turf war over drugs will be over as soon as the walmart pharmacy puts up its sign that reads "We Sell For Less". Retail pharmacies currently sell a plethora of drugs with out any of the problems you represent above. Supply & demand economics works and it will work with recreational drugs also.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by df1]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is why we need to annex Mexico into another state. Clean up the super corruption using our CIA and Special forces, all Mexicans become Americans, now they are working legally, and our economy could revitalize theirs. Once that happens Puerto Rico would be so jealous they will demand statehood also, and they will get it. I do not understand why we stopped adding states to the union. The more the merrier. No passport to get to Cancun anymore.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
here's the good stuff..3 hours into it.....

2:55:56 - Rep. Bilbray: "Do you want to break the news about three law enforcement officers concerning an incident that took place about two miles from this location in the last couple of weeks?

2:56:02 Sheriff Kolender: "They were killed."

2:56:04 Rep. Bilbray: "They were not only killed, they were decapitated (Beheaded) weren't they?

2:56:07 Sheriff Kolender: "Yes!"
link

sounds like a confusing situation...i suspect it was made this way so the truth does not get out .......at least to quickly
now if mexico, u.s. and canada were one big happy country.............................

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Nonsense. Any turf war over drugs will be over as soon as the walmart pharmacy puts up its sign that reads "We Sell For Less". Retail pharmacies currently sell a plethora of drugs with out any of the problems you represent above. Supply & demand economics works and it will work with recreational drugs also.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by df1]

nonsense?.... right...go tell that to the organized crime bosses and gangs that are in control of drugs these days and see how civilized they respond to you....

What is nonsense is that some people who obviously want to use any and all illegal drugs without caring what this will do to society are selfishly "demanding for illegal drugs to be legal".... That is the nonsense....

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
here's the good stuff..3 hours into it.....
sounds like a confusing situation...i suspect it was made this way so the truth does not get out .......at least to quickly
now if mexico, u.s. and canada were one big happy country.............................

2:55:56 is exactly where they start that conversation about the decapitated officers at the original link to the hearings. So, it did happen and it happened to U.S. enforcement officers. The Sheriff was obviously reluctant to talk about it.

Thanks a lot for giving us the time where that part of the conversation is carried out clearmind.

rtsp://video.c-span.org/project/ter/ter070506_border.rm

df1

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

orginized crime bosses

As I said there will be no crime bosses involved. The turf will simply be usurped by retailers and the drug lords will have nothing to say about it.

What is nonsense is that some people who obviously want to use any and all illegal drugs without caring what this will do to society are selfishly "demanding for illegal drugs to be legal".... That is the nonsense....

Rich overweight white talk show hosts get a free pass on their drug abuse, while those not so economically advantaged go to jail. Come talk to me about the interests of society when government makes the enforcement of drug laws equal for everyone.

Lets end the senseless killing of our drug war troops.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join