It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salute Israel for their tactics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
So I could be held accountable for the idiots who voted for Bush even though I voted against him twice and would a third time if I could....wait a minute I voted against him 3 times...in the 2000 primary

Just like you are accountable for the killing of nearly 2000 serbian civillians (and I can asuure you that the serbian army was not hiding behind civilians) when Clinton was president...

Fortunatly for you Cristians still don't make jihad...for every wrong done to them...

P.S. Don't get me wrong...USA is not a perfect country...but is the best the Mankind can count on...I can barely imagine myself the World when states like Russia or China protect the "peace" and the freedoms of the people...not to speak about Iran or North Korea...

[edit on 19-7-2006 by ZMax]

[edit on 19-7-2006 by ZMax]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BombLord
we got something not like naplam,but .......some thermoberic (?) bombs
anyway,they are getting what they deserve,and we shuld listen to no one while there is a war going on and we must defend the homeland..

Thats where your wrong. When America sends you Military weaponry we have your country sign an agreement that said weaponry is to be used for DEFENSIVE and not OFFENSIVE purposes. A Kidnapping made by a terrorist group does NOT constitute a DEFENSIVE position by Israel. Your country was not attacked. Terrorists kidnapped your soldiers. Your country again has used our weapons contrary to the agreed upon usage by attacking a country to retrieve a kidnapped soldier. Those were militants/terrorists, not Lebanese army. So as much as I know you don't like American opinion on the matter its too bad.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Pie Man,
you can check the international law and than we can talk again...
I know that the sovereign of an country is responseble for the international border...
In the given situation Hizballah is a part of the government of that sovereign...not only but the same government didn't want to prosecute those terrorists...In my view they are with them...Just like Taliban was with Bin Laden...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by BombLord
we got something not like naplam,but .......some thermoberic (?) bombs
anyway,they are getting what they deserve,and we shuld listen to no one while there is a war going on and we must defend the homeland..

Thats where your wrong. When America sends you Military weaponry we have your country sign an agreement that said weaponry is to be used for DEFENSIVE and not OFFENSIVE purposes. A Kidnapping made by a terrorist group does NOT constitute a DEFENSIVE position by Israel. Your country was not attacked. Terrorists kidnapped your soldiers. Your country again has used our weapons contrary to the agreed upon usage by attacking a country to retrieve a kidnapped soldier. Those were militants/terrorists, not Lebanese army. So as much as I know you don't like American opinion on the matter its too bad.

easy for you to say,your city isn't being bombarded by rockets that can make buildings collapse,you are not under constant AirRaid sirens,you are not in constant fear of thos,WORDS ARE CHEAP

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax
The Pie Man,
I know that the sovereign of an country is responseble for the international border...
In the given situation Hizballah is a part of the government of that sovereign...not only but the same government didn't want to prosecute those terrorists...In my view they are with them...Just like Taliban was with Bin Laden...

it is wrong. simple.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Also notice how world media covers every injury received in lebanon and gaza, down to the splinter level. Where is the equal coverage of the victims of the over 1,000 rockets fired at Israeli civilians?????

[edit on 7/19/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Saluting a country for killing less people. Wow, humanity has gotten that bad, that we salute a country for killing less people than they could have. I can't even argue with you, because I just can't understand what logic you would be coming from. It's truly sad when you see posts like this. How can you take any side in this? There is no right side, both sides have been doing tremendously wrong things since this new wave of madness started.

I can tell you this, if you told this to the Israelites that I speak to, that are still in their kibbutz, they would probably try to slap you through their Cat-5 lines. They don't want this, and they are there. In fact, they have friends in Lebanon that they are constantly worried about. I doubt they have celebrated or cheered on the death of anyone. They are upset about the entire situation. I promise you they have saluted no one.

None of this that I have written is meant in anger, because honestly, I feel far too sorry for you to ever be angry with you.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The world will allways see Israel,the rich (reletivly,we also have alot of poor here)
technologicly advanced country ,with a great militery,"harms" civiliens of a poor country.
frankly,I think this war is .....not needed ,RELLY NOT NEEDED,not for Israel OR for levanon,but beacus they started it, (and they have attacked our posts before,just not with that...strangth) they shuld also bear the concequences(that they knew very well what they are).

civilen casulties? well,unfortunatly it happns to both sides,but at least we WARN them useuly 2 hours before a bombing run,while the only warning OUR civilien get is.....the Air Raid siren,allmost allways a faw seconds before impact........
and belive me,we DO have casulties ,too.

and as allways ,remember kids,war ain't fair,easpecily for the civilien

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax
The Pie Man,

We are not talking about International laws..we are talking about US laws regarding the Arms Export act and the Excess Defense Articles agreements.Its not the first time Israel has violated these agreements and laws.

U.S. Concerned Over Use of Weapons Sold to Israel
by Barbara Starr
CNN Pentagon

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- For the first time, the Bush administration is expressing concern about Israel's use of U.S.-supplied weapons -- in light of Israel's recent attack in Gaza that killed 15 Palestinians, including a Hamas military commander.

Under U.S. law, weapons are sold to other nations only for self-defense.

At a U.S. State Department briefing on Wednesday, spokesman Richard Boucher said, "There are provisions of the Arms Export Control Act that require making a report to Congress anytime there might have been a substantial violation of the terms of sale of such weapons."

Boucher, responding to a question about Tuesday's Israeli military action, suggested the circumstances may trigger a review. "We have not made a report like this since the current violence began, but we have made quite clear that we are seriously concerned with some of the Israeli tactics, some of the Israeli actions, including targeting killings and actions like this that endanger civilians," Boucher said.

Source

As shown by the posting of such a message like this. The arrogance is pretty high that they can pretty much do anything they want and stick it to whomever they please that gets in the way.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Salute What

More death, chaos and destruction/

I wonder on who the bill will fall when is time to . . . do another Reconstruction of another targeted nation . . . are we finish with Iraq yet!

Yeah . . . it will roll this way, after all I doubt that Israel will do it all on its own.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
The average Palestinian and the average Lebanonese have done nothing to deserve Israeli attacks.

And the average Israeli has done what to deserve Hezbollah and Hamas attacks....??

Polls even in Israel show that a good precentage of the Israelis consider their country the bully in the region.

It's a good thing, too, since Israel is surrounded by enemies that have publicly declared they should be pushed into the sea.

The latest poll I heard (today) showed that Israel enjoys over 80% support from it's citizenry.

Nearly nine out of 10 Israelis say the army's week-old operation against Hezbollah is justified and nearly 60 percent say Israel should fight until the Lebanese guerrilla group is destroyed, according to an opinion poll published yesterday.
The Dahaf poll, published in the Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot, found that 81 percent of Israelis want the military campaign to continue. Another 78 percent of Israelis are satisfied with Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's functioning.

www.taipeitimes.com...

The Israelis are only attacking now because the U.S. in just a country away to bail them out if things get real bad...helps we have a moron for president too.

You don't seriously think things are that simple, do you?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I keep hearing about the constant bombardment from Hezbollah yet it didn't become news until this week. I'm wondering why? OK, now that Isr, er, hostilities have begun let's look at the facts logically:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Hezbollah and Israel traded fierce barrages for a sixth day Monday, as the latest eruption of warfare in the Middle East showed no sign of easing. Rockets struck deep inside Israel, killing eight people in Haifa, and Israeli planes bombed Lebanon from north to south.

Damn, they killed 8 people, then 2000 sorties killed an exponential number in Lebanon that WEREN'T combatants.

Israel warned of massive retaliation after the Haifa attack....

Yup, that's what happened. Still I'm wondering where the news was about Hez's daily bombardment of Israel before this week. See where I'm going with this?

MASSIVE over-reaction or coolly planned manouver?

Please, don't tell me about Israel's right to protect itself. It wasn't an issue until the planes started flying the sorties.

Where were the missles that were landing in Israel 2 weeks ago?

As AC/DC said, "Who made who?"

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bombers8
It's a good thing, too, since Israel is surrounded by enemies that have publicly declared they should be pushed into the sea.

Key word being "Publicly" declared. Just because Israel doesn't publicly speak this way doesn't mean they don't wish it. Have a look at the map of Gaza and see whos being pushed to the sea. When the borders close and the missiles begin to fall the only place they have to run is into the sea.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Isn't the reason Israel are bombing is because some random terroist group has nicked a couple of their soldiers?

Why don't the terrorists give them back? Has this been planned all along? To cause destruction on their own country to cause the West to damn the Israel tactics?

To be honest, I thought all this was inevitiable. To be surrounded by enemies, to be subject to constant rocket attacks, and to have your soldiers getting nicked would cause even the most peaceful country to come out fighting.

Both sides have done their share of atrocities. I just can't tell between the wrong and the wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Yup, that's what happened. Still I'm wondering where the news was about Hez's daily bombardment of Israel before this week. See where I'm going with this?

MASSIVE over-reaction or coolly planned manouver?[

Please, don't tell me about Israel's right to protect itself. It wasn't an issue until the planes started flying the sorties.

Where were the missles that were landing in Israel 2 weeks ago?

As AC/DC said, "Who made who?"

Well, here's one account from May 30 of this year.

Rockets

Just look at the archives of the Jerusalem Post; it's full of incidents.

The northern border was quiet Sunday night after a UN brokered cease-fire ended an afternoon of fierce clashes between the IDF and Hizbullah gunmen. The fighting flared up after the Israel Air Force bombed the bases of a Palestinian terrorist group in Lebanon in retaliation for a pre-dawn Katyusha barrage on an IDF base near Safed.
May 29

Just because the incidennts didn't make front page of the MSM doesn't mean they didn't happen, right?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Key word being "Publicly" declared.

I think the key word is "surrounded", both physically and geopolitically.

And the fact that Iran's prez and others have publicly declared means something, too. It shows their instability.

All nations think that way. Civilized nations speak with more tact.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Well, here's one account from May 30 of this year.

Just look at the archives of the Jerusalem Post; it's full of incidents.

Just because the incidennts didn't make front page of the MSM doesn't mean they didn't happen, right?

Please tell me that you're not going to use two incidents at the end of May to make up for the lack of evidence on the bombings that Intrepid mentioned. I just can't believe that you wouldn't make that attempt for something say a little more recent? Like the time period described that you responded to?

I still can't believe that you would attempt to paint a picture of one side's "innocence" when it is so blatantly obvious that both sides are wrong.

[edit on 7/19/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I think the key word is "surrounded", both physically and geopolitically.

Whos fault is that? The founders of your country knew well in advance what repurcussions would occur. They were ignored and shoved to the side.

ignoring the fact that the Palestinians themselves, well over half a million at the turn of the century, lived in Palestine, that it was their home. The great Zionist humanist, Ahad Ha'am warned against the violation of the rights of the Palestinian people, and his words are well known in the literature of Palestine.

"... Ahad Ha'am warned that the settlers must under no circumstances arouse the wrath of the natives ... 'Yet what do our brethren do in Palestine? Just the very opposite! Serfs they were in the lands of the Diaspora and suddenly they find themselves in unrestricted freedom and this change has awakened in them an inclination to despotism. They treat the Arabs with hostility and cruelty, deprive them of their rights, offend them without cause and even boast of these deeds; and nobody among us opposes this despicable and dangerous inclination ...'

"... The same lack of understanding he found in the boycott of Arab labour proclaimed by Jewish labour ... 'Apart from the political danger, I can't put up with the idea that our brethren are morally capable of behaving in such a way to humans of another people, and unwittingly the thought comes to my mind: if it is so now, what will be our relation to the others if in truth we shall achieve at the end of times power in Eretz Yisrael? And if this be the "Messiah": I do not wish to see his coming.'

"Ahad Ha'am returned to the Arab problem ... in February 1914 ... '[the Zionists] wax angry towards those who remind them that there is still another people in Eretz Yisrael that has been living there and does not intend at all to leave its place. In a future when this illusion will have been torn from their hearts and they will look with open eyes upon the reality as it is, they will certainly understand how important this question is and how great our duty to work for its solution'." 15/

But Ahad Ha'am's plea went unheeded as political zionism set about to realize its goal of a Jewish State

Source

To this very day not much has changed. Ahad Ha'am would have been a great statesmen in modern times.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Please tell me that you're not going to use two incidents at the end of May to make up for the lack of evidence on the bombings that Intrepid mentioned.

Not to knock you, but I think you're a bit confused here. Intrepid indicated that there may actually have been no "daily bombardment of Israel before this week". I gave him several examples of reports to the contrary. That's all.

Go back and re-read his post; you'll see.

I still can't believe that you would attempt to paint a picture of one side's "innocence" when it is so blatantly obvious that both sides are wrong.

[edit on 7/19/06 by niteboy82]

That's your interpretation. I can do nothing about that, since I never implied as much.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Whos fault is that? The founders of your country knew well in advance what repurcussions would occur. They were ignored and shoved to the side.

My country? Well, I know that Jefferson, Franklin, et al were great men, but I don't think they were that prescient!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join