It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salute Israel for their tactics

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi

Yes it was the British that killed more German citizens than the Germans killed British and US Citizens together. I know you weren't referring to that but just to set the record straight your statistics are of no relevance. When you fire on Israeli towns from Lebanese towns do not expect that you or your neighbors are immune from attack. Problem being that there are many fools in this world who do not understand this until they are the victims of these attacks.

Just to set the record straight: the British, Americans, Canadians, Australians, Rhodesians, South Africans, (and many other nations) conducted area bombing of German civilian centres in WW2. Yes many many German civilians died but bombing of civilian areas was started by the Germans and the weight of international opinion was that it was justifiable.

But for the bravery of Bomber Command, the USAAF and the Russians it's doubtful whether we'd be having this conversation now so I wouldn't go there if I were you.

You know what I'm referring to, the classification of your enemy as less 'human' than yourselves - it certainly seems from the IDF's POV that 1 dead Israeli is worth 10 dead Lebanese.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Is this better?

This is an excerpt from a very interesting article from the Foreign Policy in Focus website...If you want to read more go to:

www.fpif.org...

"The Bush administration and an overwhelming bipartisan majority of Congress have gone on record defending Israel's assault on Lebanon's civilian infrastructure as a means of attacking Hezbollah “terrorists.” Unlike the major Palestinian Islamist groups, Hamas and Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah forces haven't killed any Israeli civilians for more than a decade. Indeed, a 2002 Congressional Research Service report noted, in its analysis of Hezbollah, that “no major terrorist attacks have been attributed to it since 1994.” The most recent State Department report on international terrorism also fails to note any acts of terrorism by Hezbollah since that time except for unsubstantiated claims that a Hezbollah member was a participant in a June 1996 attack on the U.S. Air Force dormitory at Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia.

"While Hezbollah's ongoing rocket attacks on civilian targets in Israel are indeed illegitimate and can certainly be considered acts of terrorism, it is important to note that such attacks were launched only after the U.S.-backed Israeli assault on civilian targets in Israel began July 12. Similarly, Hezbollah has pledged to cease such attacks once Israel stops its attacks against Lebanon and withdraws its troops from Lebanese territory occupied since the onset of the latest round of hostilities. (The Hezbollah attack on the Israeli border post that prompted the Israeli assaults, while clearly illegitimate and provocative, can not legally be considered a terrorist attack since the targets were military rather than civilian.)

Indeed, the evolution of this Lebanese Shiite movement from a terrorist group to a legal political party had been one of the more interesting and hopeful developments in the Middle East in recent years. Like many radical Islamist parties elsewhere, Hezbollah (meaning “Party of God”) combines populist rhetoric, important social service networks for the needy, and a decidedly reactionary and chauvinistic interpretation of Islam in its approach to contemporary social and political issues. In Lebanese parliamentary elections earlier last year, Hezbollah ended up with fourteen seats outright in the 128-member national assembly, and a slate shared with the more moderate Shiite party Amal gained an additional twenty-three seats. Hezbollah controls one ministry in the 24-member cabinet. While failing to disarm as required under UN Security Council resolution 1559, Hezbollah was negotiating with the Lebanese government and other interested Lebanese parties, leading to hopes that the party's military wing would be disbanded within a few months. Prior to calling up reserves following the Israeli assault, Hezbollah could probably count on no more than a thousand active-duty militiamen. "

Stephen Zunes is Middle East editor for the Foreign Policy In Focus Project. He is a professor of Politics and the author of Tinderbox: U.S. Middle East Policy and the Roots of Terrorism (Common Courage Press, 2003).

[edit on 6-8-2006 by grover]
mod edit: edited by request

[edit on 2006/8/6 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Grover,
I responded to the pathetic claims of that article regarding Hezbullah's resistance movement claim here. Hezbullah's terrorist infrastructure and capabilities are known don't try to exonerate them. Hezbullah's attack on Israel was unprovoked, the international community does not subscribe to their claim that Shebaa farms is Lebanese and therefore their cross border attack was an act of war. That attack was pertpetrated in parallel to attacks on civilian targets in order to distract the military. Israeli civilians were hurt in the first round of attack.

It is a false claim and therefore inappropriate.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   

the international community does not subscribe to their claim that Shebaa farms is Lebanese

Hmmmmm. That's a little disingenuous though isn't it JM. You are correct in saying that despite a long history of dispute over the status of the region it is generally considered that the Shabaa Farms are not Lebanese territory, however, neither are they Israeli. The region was, as you know, occupied by Israel in the 1967 war and later annexed by Israel along with the rest of the Golan Heights which remain in Israeli hands.

If you are going to rely on the "International Community's" opinion to state that the farms are not Lebanese should you not also accept the Internationl Community's general view that the Golan Heights is not Israeli territory and that Shabaa Farms is, therefore, in fact Syrian?

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
timeless test,
You are right it WAS Syrian. It will remain Israeli but may change hands depending on the outcome of peace negotiations which is currently not happenning.

Regardless we can all agree that Shebaa farms are NOT Lebanese and therefore all of Hezbullah's aggressions had nothing to do with resistance. Its kidnapping of soldiers and civilians were agression. All these individual aggressions are individually acts of war.

Lebanon who did nothing to stop this as required by international law are also guilty of complicity.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   

timeless test,
You are right it WAS Syrian.

Yes but the only thing that stopped it being Syrian was the Israeli invasion in the 1967 war. Israel's annexation of the Golan is not internationally recognised or accepted.

Regardless we can all agree that Shebaa farms are NOT Lebanese

Well all of us except Syria and Lebanon both of whom now accept that the territory is Lebanese and as the disputed border is between their two countries I think their view has some weight, (although I'm not going to be so foolish as to believe that Syria's acceptance of Lebanese sovreignty is much more than a convenient political ploy).

However, whatever the Syrian/Lebanese arguements the only people who seem to believe the territory is Israeli appear to be the Israelis.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I agree with you.

Regarding Syria and Lebanon and their borders, the UN asked Syria to demarcate the territory or provide any official notice on the border realignment but the Syrians refused to do so. They want to give Hezbullah the excuse without actually reliquishing any land to Lebanon. Both the Syrian and the Lebanese know that Hezbullah's claims are fraudulent.

Hard-liners in Syria (which I believe includes the Leadership and the Army) believe that Lebanon and Israel are parts of Greater Syria.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Hard-liners in Syria (which I believe includes the Leadership and the Army) believe that Lebanon and Israel are parts of Greater Syria.

I imagine that at the moment the Syrians would settle for having all of Syria back under Syrian control before they think about any further expansion.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Syria has always said the unless the Golan was on the table they would not negotiate peace with Israel, not that they wanted Lebanon or Israel.

This thread grows tedious and while I am not a supporter of Hezbollah I am in half a mind to start a thread saluting them, for balance sake.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Syria has always said the unless the Golan was on the table they would not negotiate peace with Israel, not that they wanted Lebanon or Israel.

That is not what they said before 1967. The Golan was theirs and they used it to attack villages and towns from above in an unprovoked manner as Hezbullah did from Lebanon. It is the same tedious story over and over again.

This thread grows tedious and while I am not a supporter of Hezbollah I am in half a mind to start a thread saluting them, for balance sake.

Salute them, they have a very good guerrilla force and they do not hold back from targetting civilians exclusively with banned weapons. If that suits your bill go ahead.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
A little about Israeli tactics. Authored by a man obviously of Jewish persuasion. It explains about Zionism. Nothing to be proud of and although it was written 3 years ago it still holds a lot of water.

www.melaniephillips.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
No it does not suit my bill....I have repeatedly stated that I do not support hezbollah but there are two sides to every coin and you are abundant in your propaganda for your country. I am sure there is an Arab member on here who could defend their side just as well, if only for balance sake.

Def: Propaganda...their lies

Def: Public Information...our lies.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Speaking of Propaganda, I think Lebanon is finally realizing it doesn't work to well and is now starting to tell the truth....

www.breitbart.com...

BEIRUT, Lebanon

The Lebanese prime minister says only one person died in an Israeli air raid on the southern village of Houla, lowering the death toll from 40.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Speaking of Propaganda, I think Lebanon is finally realizing it doesn't work to well and is now starting to tell the truth....

www.breitbart.com...

BEIRUT, Lebanon

The Lebanese prime minister says only one person died in an Israeli air raid on the southern village of Houla, lowering the death toll from 40.

Well the 50+ killed in Qana turned out to be 28 also
and Arab cameramen were caught forging pictures.

With time we will see more truths come out.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Well the 50+ killed in Qana turned out to be 28 also

Oh wow! that makes it so much better huh? Only 28

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wow that really looks like a legitimate news source....kinda like fox news!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Wow that really looks like a legitimate news source....kinda like fox news!!!

What are you talking about? That's the AP...

If you're talking about Judah's link, that story is on EVERY news source

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Before recent invasion and occupation of southern Lebanon there were a very high procentage of lebanese against Hezbollah (I think it was 80 or 90%)

And now Israelis managed to reverse that.

(sarcasm) So, I salute Israel for their tactics. (/sarcasm)

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Pathocracy - Disease

Pathocracy is a disease of great social movements followed by entire societies, nations, and empires. In the course of human history, it has affected social, political, and religious movements as well as the accompanying ideologies… and turned them into caricatures of themselves…. This occurred as a result of the … participation of pathological agents in a pathodynamically similar process. That explains why all the pathocracies of the world are, and have been, so similar in their essential properties.

The actions of [pathocracy] affect an entire society, starting with the leaders and infiltrating every town, business, and institution. The pathological social structure gradually covers the entire country creating a “new class” within that nation. This privileged class [of pathocrats] feels permanently threatened by the “others”, i.e. by the majority of normal people. Neither do the pathocrats entertain any illusions about their personal fate should there be a return to the system of normal man.

Andrew M. Lobaczewski

Find Anything Familiar?

Now We Must find a Cure for this Disease - and Remove the Sick Tissue from the Healthy one.

Saluting Israel For Their Tactics Since 1948!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Find Anything Familiar?

Now We Must find a Cure for this Disease - and Remove the Sick Tissue from the Healthy one.

Very true Souljah!

The Islamofacists have a belief that the middle east should be under Islamic rule. A Jewish presence is unacceptable to Islamists like Hezbullah, Hamad., Islamic Jihad and Iran. You are right 'We Must find a Cure for this Disease - and Remove the Sick Tissue from the Healthy one.'

Under the Islamic empire all non muslims are regarded as lesser citizens subject to the dhimmi status.

Mod Edit: Removed Quote Of Entire Preceding Post.

[edit on 11/8/2006 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join