It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salute Israel for their tactics

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I have encountered many media claims that Israel killed civilians who actually turned out to be militant. 'Human right' organizations do not have the least bit of knowledge on who is or is not a terrorist. They see an injured or killed person in civilian clothing and he becomes a civilian. The weapons are quickly removed from the area so that it will not be taken by a rival group of that the individual would be labeled a militant.

As I said before the statistics of the Lebanese dead are VERY IRRELIABLE.

In Gaza a 17 year old boy was killed yesterday bu israeli forces. What was not said on international media is that that boy was setting up a qassam missile for an attack. You see how information is distorted.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
IIn Gaza a 17 year old boy was killed yesterday bu israeli forces. What was not said on international media is that that boy was setting up a qassam missile for an attack. You see how information is distorted.

No video evidence of this of course Im sure. Just the honest IDF soldiers word against the dead 17 year old Pali. Amazing how in the United States cops have video surveilance equipment for routine traffic stops and yet here are guys killing kids and no one carries a camera unless its convenient. Too busy building those force fields I guess, and no time for helmet mounted video yet. Maybe one day they will get around to backing themselves up. Maybe one day people will actually start demanding evidence of guilt.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
So go ahead, label me whateverthefunkyouwant - I rather be in the Anti-Semitic-Book alonside with Mister David Icke then to agree with you Racists and Pedophiles.

I would strongly suggest that you temper your apparent ignorance of the reality of the Talmud and refrain from these types of blanket statements that read like insults to some ATS/PTS members.

While we (ATS Admin) understand that these issues have always been hot, and events in Lebanon have initiated a new fierceness, we demand that all issues be discussed with polite decorum. If you're unable to moderate your commentary to participate in civilized discussion, then perhaps our boards are not for you... and this applies to everyone.

These are critically important issues. I would hate for someone, or some group, to believe that ATS favors one side over the other simply because people are getting banned for being unable to manage the manner in which they debate.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My Anser to the Israeli Diplomatcs:

Dan Gillerman on the O’Reilly’s show, July 16th

“While it is politically incorrect to say that all Muslims are terrorists, unfortunately, it’s true that all terrorists are Muslim."

So, can I use HIS Logic now to EXTRAPOLATE My own EQUATION?

While ti is Politcally Incorrect to say that all Jews are Racist & Pedophiles, UNFORTUANTELY......................

Good Night, and Good Luck.

[edit on 4/8/06 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

While ti is Politcally Incorrect to say that all Jews are Racist & Pedophiles,

Why don't you take a 3-day break from ATS and examine your racist roots before you return.

I've over-extended myself to be fair on your behalf... it's unfortunate you're unable to participate in civilized discussion.

(posting ban applied until Monday morning)

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

My Anser to the Israeli Diplomatcs:

Dan Gillerman on the O’Reilly’s show, July 16th

“While it is politically incorrect to say that all Muslims are terrorists, unfortunately, it’s true that all terrorists are Muslim."

You realize that July 16th is a Sunday, and Bill O'Reilly doesn't do a show? They do a montage of previous segments from the week, but examinig the previous shows, no Dan Gillerman. Perhaps you have a video you'd care to share. Being fond of Google, I thought it would be best to try the quote. Amazing, only TEN hits! Seems like a paltry return for such a outrageous statement. Maybe because Dan Gillerman never made the statement? Perhaps the real racists are those behind the perpetration of such a slanderous hoax? Who would conceive and propagate such a miserable attempt at such blatant disinformation and deceit?

Why take my word for it? Let's see what a less than pro-Israel blogger has to say:

“While it is politically incorrect to say that all Muslims are terrorists, unfortunately, it’s true that all terrorists are Muslim,” Gillerman said on O’Reilly’s show yesterday, July 16.

I picked up this quote from a blog. It was not mentioned in the corporate media. A Google News search returned no results. Either the people who post at the Truth Will Set You Free blog made the quote up or Israelis spewing racist hatred is so common and acceptable nobody bothered to mention it.

Even he's not buying it.

So that brings us full circle, you have rebutted an argument with a patently false quote, and having even used it as the basis for a thread; exactly who is the propagandist here? Who is spreading lies and hate?

So, can I use HIS Logic now to EXTRAPOLATE My own EQUATION?

Extrapolate the equation indeed.

Dismissed.

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Major Discrepancy]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A little off topic here, but how come members who repeatedly post mistranslations of the Qur'an don't get post banned as well?

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
A little off topic here, but how come members who repeatedly post mistranslations of the Qur'an don't get post banned as well?

A person from the opposing side recieved a warn when this member did to. But the powers that be recinded it for your member. So, is the site focussing on one side? I don't think so. Did this member NOT get the point? Probably.

Question answered, now we can get back to the topic.

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, back to the topic, here is an interesting article about Israel's tactics, the people responsible for choosing them, and most importantly why they seem to be backfiring. I found this little bit of news particularly interesting:

By the second day in August, Halutz's bombardment had achieved the extraordinary feat of prompting the Maronite Catholic patriarch -- the spiritual leader of the most pro-Western group in Lebanon -- to assemble Lebanon's religious leaders -- Shiite and Sunni Muslims, and various Christian confessions. The group issued a joint statement of solidarity, condemning the Israeli "aggression" and hailing "the resistance, mainly led by Hezbollah, which represents one of the sections of society."

So now Israel seems to be earning the enmity of Lebanese Christians, their former allies. They are quite literally driving the people of Lebanon into Hezbollah's arms.

It seems to me this mistake reflects the basic failure to understand to understand human nature by those who propose what I'd call the "bully" theory of international relations: that by being "tough enough" and dishing out enough brutal punishment, one can frighten people into submission. It seems to me the opposite is true, once you brutalize people enough, even those who might be inclined to support your original goals become determined to fight you.

It might be wise to consider the failures of one practitioner of this theory as an example: Osama Bin Laden. By staging the 9-11 attacks, Osama and OBL apparently hoped to frighten the American people out of their support for Israel, and their support for US interference in the Islamic sphere. It accomplished the exact opposite: US support for Israel is more blind and unquestioning than ever, and the US invasion of Iraq would have been politically almost impossible without the blank check OBL handed the neocons on 9-11.

[edit on 8/4/06 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Question answered, now we can get back to the topic.

Ok, thank you, and sorry for the off topic remark.

On topic, I don't see any "tactics" here. Just a massacre of Arabs, be they Muslims, Christians, Druze or what-have-you.

Israel will be the cause of her own downfall, as she follows in the footsteps of the US in dealing with terrorism. What's strange to me is why didn't they ask the British for advice. I think the UK has a pretty good track record at combating terrorists and insurgents.

[edit - nvm, I get it now, and no I'm not trying to play that game...]

[edit on 4-8-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
You realize that July 16th is a Sunday, and Bill O'Reilly doesn't do a show? They do a montage of previous segments from the week, but examinig the previous shows, no Dan Gillerman. Perhaps you have a video you'd care to share. Being fond of Google, I thought it would be best to try the quote. Amazing, only TEN hits!

Im not doubting your ability to use a search engine effectively but I found a video of Dan Gillerman on the O'Reilly Factor on my first search string.

Seems like a paltry return for such a outrageous statement. Maybe because Dan Gillerman never made the statement? Perhaps the real racists are those behind the perpetration of such a slanderous hoax? Who would conceive and propagate such a miserable attempt at such blatant disinformation and deceit?

There is a word missing in the quote attributed to Dan Gillerman. He actually said:

“While it is politically incorrect to say that all Muslims are terrorists, unfortunately, it’s true that nearly all terrorists are Muslim,”

So that brings us full circle, you have rebutted an argument with a patently false quote, and having even used it as the basis for a thread; exactly who is the propagandist here? Who is spreading lies and hate?

I dont understand the strength and the severity of your tone here. You were wrong in saying that Dan Gillerman wasnt even on the O'Reilly Factor. Should we call you a propagandist or give you the benefit of the doubt in being mistaken? Afterall, the quote Souljah attributed to Dan Gillerman was accurate apart from missing one word. A pivotal word, granted, but it is not something to condemn him over.

Extrapolate the equation indeed.

Dismissed.

Good job I didnt dismiss it

For the record you can view the interview of Dan Gillerman on the O'Reilly Factor here

[edit on 4/8/06 by subz]

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

So now Israel seems to be earning the enmity of Lebanese Christians, their former allies. They are quite literally driving the people of Lebanon into Hezbollah's arms.

Yes I also heard the attacks on that area and to tell the truth it seems to me that Israel is either desperate or they actually don't care what they are attacking at all as long as the invasion of Lebanon keeps going.

I guess Israel is not there to win any harts and minds at all toward their cause.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Another reason for saluting Israel . . .
Last night Israeli Navy seals raided a housing complex with Hezbullah commanders who where in charge of launching rockets on Israel. This included the launchers that hit the Hadera region with 100kg warheads. Incidentally the type of rockets hitting Israel is against international law.

The army had a choice of targetting the apartment building from warplanes but being in a crowded neighborhood amongst civilians this choice was aborted.

Instead the navy seals were called in to liquidate the commanders. The commanders were killed while 2 Israeli commandoes were wounded. The units doctor performed surgery on one of them in field before the force began retreating. During the retreat 6 more commandos were slightly injured from Hezbullah forces who confronted them during the retreat following completion of the objectives. The SEAL team killed an additional 5 Hizbullah militants during the second engagement.

Israel endangers it finest soldiers in order to minimize Lebanese casualties while Hezbullah uses high fragmentation rockets to maximize civilian casualties.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Do you salute the pregnant woman who was killed by Israeli helicopter gunships whilst trying to enter a hospital? She had her baby boy blown from out of her womb. Both mother and child died infront of her 18 month old daughter who was in their car.

The Australian Newspaper: No refuge, even in the womb

The 29-year-old mechanic was driving to another hospital on Tuesday night with his wife Nisrine, who was 34 weeks pregnant and suffering contractions. Their 18-month-old daughter, Nour, was also in the car.

Nisrine was killed by fire from a helicopter gunship. Her unborn son was blasted from her womb and died beside her on the road.

Members of Nisrine's large extended family say her death has turned them and their neighbours into passionate and permanent haters of Israel, filled with the sort of venom that is likely to poison generations to come.

War is hell, any one who salutes it must be evil.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Incidentally the type of rockets hitting Israel is against international law.

And attacking a soverign country is not against international law

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Last night Israeli Navy seals raided a housing complex with Hezbullah commanders who where in charge of launching rockets on Israel. This included the launchers that hit the Hadera region with 100kg warheads. Incidentally the type of rockets hitting Israel is against international law.

The army had a choice of targetting the apartment building from warplanes but being in a crowded neighborhood amongst civilians this choice was aborted.

Instead the navy seals were called in to liquidate the commanders. The commanders were killed while 2 Israeli commandoes were wounded. The units doctor performed surgery on one of them in field before the force began retreating. During the retreat 6 more commandos were slightly injured from Hezbullah forces who confronted them during the retreat following completion of the objectives. The SEAL team killed an additional 5 Hizbullah militants during the second engagement.

Israel endangers it finest soldiers in order to minimize Lebanese casualties while Hezbullah uses high fragmentation rockets to maximize civilian casualties.

This is something I can salute.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The salute is for fighting a war which Israel did not initiate against an enemy who uses terror tactics, hides behinds civilians, attacks civilians and does not respect any law other than that of its backward cult. Had the situation been reversed Jews would have been slaughtered by the hunderd thousands. Yet Israel with all its military might uses its soldiers to fight house to house while Hezbullah, knowing that Israel respect human life, uses this to their advantage to hit those soldiers and, in parallel, target civilian locations.

You link to an unborn child being blasted out of the mother is more propaganda meant to spread hate. These occurances happened also in Israel but Israel seldom releases graphic pictures and descriptions to gain international sympathy. Because Israel does not publicize it does not mean it does not happen.
Today 3 women where killed by rockets with 30kg of ball bearings. They were preforated beyond recognition. You want to compare horror stories? Just remember this - one is inavertant the other is VERY advertent.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A Kidnapping made by a terrorist group does NOT constitute a DEFENSIVE position by Israel. Your country was not attacked. Terrorists kidnapped your soldiers. Your country again has used our weapons contrary to the agreed upon usage by attacking a country to retrieve a kidnapped soldier

I AGREE with these statements 100%!

Both sides are wrong in this war.

These people have been fighting each other for many hundreds of years.

Does anyone believe for one moment that they will stop now?

I don't.
To be truthful I'm sick of hearing it on the news.
There are other important news stories going on in the world besides this stupid

?WAR?

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So Israel DOES have other methods at its disposal other then collective punishment bombing of infrastructure, and civilian areas?

I thought from your earlier posts the piling up of dead innocent civilians was 'regrettable but necessary'

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Strangerous,

So Israel DOES have other methods at its disposal other then collective punishment bombing of infrastructure, and civilian areas?

I thought from your earlier posts the piling up of dead innocent civilians was 'regrettable but necessary'

It doesn't take a genious to know that these options are not always available.

You need rock solid intelligence, a very good probability that the operation will suceed with minimal casualties and a means of insertion and extraction.

Dozens of these operations have been performed and not all publicized.

Moreover, this was done to liquidate 4 commanders. Hezbullah regulars consist of 2000+ soldiers. It is unreasonable to think that all commanders and operatives can be taken out by special forces. Air attacks are necessary to neutralize the terrorist infrastructure, ammunition dumps, weapons stores, hidouts and 'ticking bombs' whenever uncovered.

In lighht of Hezbullahs strategy of targetting civilians, I would not get bent out of shape when Lebanese civilians are killed. You cannot go by one set of laws and expect to be exempt from having the same happen to you. As a reminder when Israel kills civilians it is inadvertent unlike Hezbullah and other Islamofacists.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join