It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salute Israel for their tactics

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi

Wrong Hezbullah controls ALL of Lebanon. Its presence in the South is for offensive reasons alone. Hezbullah actually has its bases all over Lebanon in Baal Bek, training camps in the north. They have strongholds in Beirut.

Israel normally targets the south since their offensive positions are in the south but logistical, financial and training centers are all over Lebanon, Syria and Iran.

Therefore Israel's actions are those of defense!

I would like to see some info on this as it is contradictory from what I have read.

Would this suffice?

Its aircraft struck mostly at Shiite strongholds in the eastern towns of Baalbek and Hermel, the southern Beirut area of Bir al-Abed and several southern villages.

source

see map

You'll see its actually i the north.

[edit on 24/7/06 by JudahMaccabbi]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I suggest that there be a great deal of CHILLING OUT in this thread.

Just took a chill pill

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Nice one - There is one thing that can be said of your quotes here aside from bigot, ignorant fool and contemptuas ignoramus - it is hatemongerer - YOU ARE ARAB right????

Nope - I am neither Arab, nor am I Ignorant: well maybe in your eyes, sinec I have shown you a mirror in which you see your own reflection. I did not write down the Talmud "Wisdom", and you can clearly read what kind of HATEMONGERING does it teach - especially when a Rabbi says, that One Million ARABS are not worth one jewish fingernail. That I find severly Distrubing - and above all RACIST.

My guess is you like to live in that dark, demented and hatemongering hole from which you crawled out of. So I know you won't bother actually educating yourself.

Yeah I live in a Hole, I must pedal a generator to keep my electricity going so I can go on Internet and argue with people like yourself.

I suggest you come down from your Superior-Race pedestal and see yourself for what you really are.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Would this suffice?

Its aircraft struck mostly at Shiite strongholds in the eastern towns of Baalbek and Hermel, the southern Beirut area of Bir al-Abed and several southern villages.

source

see map

Nope, that's a HUGE leap in logic. Saying ALL of Lebanon is controlled by Hez because of 2 remote towns.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Would this suffice?

source

see map

Nope, that's a HUGE leap in logic. Saying ALL of Lebanon is controlled by Hez because of 2 remote towns.

You said that Israel struck in the north and you implied that since Hezbullah is only in the south why would Israel strike in the north. So I obliged you by saying that Hezbullah's presence is in the south, north and center. BaalBek has hezbullah training camps while Syria provides arms to Hezbullah from every route available - the North would be best since it is farthest from Israel.

Moreover Hizbullah is heavily financed by Iran and therefore they have the resources to pretty much control plenty of things in Lebanon. People are afraid to speak up against them and those that do, like the Druze leader and Hariri's son, needsan army to defend themselves.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Nice one - There is one thing that can be said of your quotes here aside from bigot, ignorant fool and contemptuas ignoramus - it is hatemongerer - YOU ARE ARAB right????

Nope - I am neither Arab, nor am I Ignorant: well maybe in your eyes, sinec I have shown you a mirror in which you see your own reflection. I did not write down the Talmud "Wisdom", and you can clearly read what kind of HATEMONGERING does it teach - especially when a Rabbi says, that One Million ARABS are not worth one jewish fingernail. That I find severly Distrubing - and above all RACIST.

My guess is you like to live in that dark, demented and hatemongering hole from which you crawled out of. So I know you won't bother actually educating yourself.

Yeah I live in a Hole, I must pedal a generator to keep my electricity going so I can go on Internet and argue with people like yourself.

I suggest you come down from your Superior-Race pedestal and see yourself for what you really are.

Did you read the links I provided?????
No - right!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Pardon me if I am unwilling to salute a curb-stomping.
Well what ever I just hope Israel realizes that when a nation destroys the infrastructure of another it is expected to rebuild that nation's infrastructure. That is if it want's to be considered civilized and not just a bunch of murderous barbarians who shoulb be shunned.

Israel broke Lebanon.
Israel bought Lebanon.

Dig?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
For all Disposable Heroes:

Disposable Heroes

by Metallica

Bodies fill the fields I see, hungry heroes end
No one to play soldier now, no one to pretend
running blind through killing fields, bred to kill them all
Victim of what said should be
a servant `til I fall

Soldier boy, made of clay
now an empty shell
twenty one, only son
but he served us well
Bred to kill, not to care
just do as we say
finished here, Greeting Death
he's yours to take away

Back to the front
you will do what I say, when I say
Back to the front
you will die when I say, you must die
Back to the front
you coward
you servant
you blindman

Barking of machinegun fire, does nothing to me now
sounding of the clock that ticks, get used to it somehow
More a man, more stripes you bare, glory seeker trends
bodies fill the fields I see
the slaughter never ends

Soldier boy, made of clay
now an empty shell
twenty one, only son
but he served us well
Bred to kill, not to care
just do as we say
finished here, Greeting Death
he's yours to take away

Back to the front
you will do what I say, when I say
Back to the front
you will die when I say, you must die
Back to the front
you coward
you servant
you blindman

Why, Am I dying?
Kill, have no fear
Lie, live off lying
Hell, Hell is here
I was born for dying

Life planned out before my birth, nothing could I say
had no chance to see myself, molded day by day
Looking back I realize, nothing have I done
left to die with only friend
Alone I clench my gun

May God Have Mercy on Your Souls...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Langolier

Isreal has retreated to the agreed upon 1967 boarders. They were attacked. They have the right to defend themselves; they have the right to bomb the positions that their enemies fire rockets from, even if those enemies deliberately hide amongst the innocent.

No one ever said fighting the good fight was easy or withou its own tragedies. I blame the enemy, and the enemy is radical islam.

one question

how can israel retreat to the '67 borders when they put a big 'ol wall on the new border?
i'm either really stupid
not paying attention
or blowing your mind right now

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Originally posted by Langolier

Isreal has retreated to the agreed upon 1967 boarders. They were attacked. They have the right to defend themselves; they have the right to bomb the positions that their enemies fire rockets from, even if those enemies deliberately hide amongst the innocent.

No one ever said fighting the good fight was easy or withou its own tragedies. I blame the enemy, and the enemy is radical islam.

one question

how can israel retreat to the '67 borders when they put a big 'ol wall on the new border?
i'm either really stupid
not paying attention
or blowing your mind right now

Due to Arab propaganda their is this idea that Israel built a huge wall around and inside the territories. Fact is that most of the separation barrier is actually a fence.

In Gaza Israel withdrew to its 1967 borders and since Israel has been attacked by daily missile barrages.
I think that that is what was meant.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Judah Maccabbi, you asked us to salute the Israeli army.

Herewith I salute the Israeli army for its great strategically planning.

Israel troops 'ignored' UN plea

UN peacekeepers in south Lebanon contacted Israeli troops 10 times before an Israeli bomb killed four of them, an initial UN report says.

The post was hit by a precision-guided missile after six hours of shelling, diplomats familiar with the probe say.

More innocent victims, but I guess you'll have yet another theory for me why Israel had to strike this outpost.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
ic isreal is the victim now thats a new thing
i remember when isreal was destroying hundred of homes of families of palistinians ofcourse they were defending themselfs against children throwing rocks at them

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
How 'bout this solution?
Let's demand Israel cut their crap and pack up their Jewish descent people and go back to where they came from pre-WW1. All Jewish Israeli immigrants after WW1, take their asses back to their country of origin, not this Zionist's Motherland B.S. Tax each person leaving a percentage of the damages incurred in Lebanon. Get the United States out of the Middle East.
Let the Middle East go back to their centuries of fighting. The US hunts down the one Mastermind who had the idea of flying into the "Towers" and Special Ops.take him out. The US uses it's own oil and cuts off it's Middle East suppliers. Any politician with interests, assets, holdings, etc., in the Middle East will be fired for "Conflict of Interest" and tried criminally for "Inciting Unrest" (or we can just make up something to put them in prison).
The Middle East quits getting money and weapons from the US and the US concentrates on securing it's own borders, schooling it's own children, housing it's homeless, feeding the poor, disabled, young, and elderly, developing alternate fuels, and cleans up it's own mess here at home.
The terrorists hit us because we back Jewish Israel. We cover their ass. Let them cover their own and let's see who still standing after the smoke clears. And don't give me this "de-stabilizing the region" speech, how much more destabilizing can the Middle East take? At some point, the people there will get there heads out of their asses and take their countries back.
I will salute the Jewish Isreali's when they get out of Israel and not a moment sooner.
And while you're at it, remeber who liberated your people from the concentration camps and the losses my family and other American families occurred, crossing Europe to do that. What Israel is doing to Lebanon is wanton genocide. God must be so proud of his chosen people.
And don't even think about "labeling" me.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
METALLICA LYRICS??!?!?!?!

What in the world does Metallic lyrics have to do with a Middle East war? That is REALLY poor debating. Not that I am a fence-rider, (Israel is THREATENED on ALL sides by governments wishing to "wipe them from the earth") but "army" vs. "army" conflicts are best fought away from civies. Israel is doing its best to "weed out" combatants hiding amongst the populace. True, all Lebanese are not Hizb'allah. So, why don't the Lebanese civilians "rise up" against the militants that are bringing this tragedy into their towns/villages/burbs and force them into the open to fight the Israeli army? If they are cowering before the militant threats of harm or death, that is an issue that their populace as a whole needs to deal with...SEVERELY. It seems to me that many countries in the Middle East are run by the equivalent of the "school yard bullies". And the "playground nerds", pardon the analogy, need to NUT UP...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
When I read Judah's postings I thank God my Jewish friends are not like him. They are in Jesus' words "The salt of the earth". I resent bigotry masqurading as indignate outrage as the sham and lie that it is...kinda like a white guy resenting blacks their privilages (though I have heard just that from some, including a few that post here)....give me a break, Or a man resenting a woman her privilages. When I read the biligerant rantings on one such as Judah I have to question the notion of whether Israel has the right to exist at all. After all, it was forced upon the palestinian population, the majority peasent's to begin with, without their consent, and indeed against their will in the first place. In the second, with the history of the crusades as an example...the Frank kingdom of Outreamer lasted about 190 years and fell first to Saladin, and the Mamluk Turks finished the job. In that context 60 years ain't nothing....in the long term, as I have said before, by centuries end what we call Israel will no longer exist, the Jews will become the minority there (if only by Arab fertility) and it will become merged into a greater Palestinian/Jewish state.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Grover,

Let me tell you a story. I have 2 daughters. My eldest is 8 and is starting to understand politics. She knows we are at war and I consistently try to tell her that our enemies are not the Arabs but against BAD people who wish to annhilate us. I tell her that much like there are bad Arabs there are bad Jews. I do not want her to think bad things about Arabs as a whole. She had an Arab kid in her kindergarden, I have Arab relatives who we occasionally meet and we have family friends who are Arabs and Druze. They are not bad. The Lebanese for the most part are not bad Arabs either. It is Hezbullah that is problematic because of their Islamic ideals which states that all Muslim lands should be under Muslim rule. Hamas, Al qaida, Islamic Jihad and Iran have the same ideals.

Another thing about me - my wife's family has her family roots in Israel for at least 10 generations. Their family for as far back as they know were in Israel and are from Safed's ancient city.

My Grandparents came from what is now Uzbekistan and their grandsparents came from Afghanistan and Iran. What I am trying to say is that we know very well the Arab/Muslim mindset because we came from this background.

If you consider me an extremist it is probably safe to say that I am a toned down version of an Arab/Muslim because I came from that background but have since been 'westernized'.

You say that you are happy your Jewish friends are not like me. It is because they are Ashkenazi Jews (from Europe). They do not know the Arab mindset and were not exposed to it. You are lucky to live in a homogenous environment were there is no clashes of culture to the extent there is in this side of the world.

Trust me when I say that even if you give the Arab everything they ask it will not be the end. Give them Israel on a platter do you think that it will suffice? It won't!

You claim that the land of Israel was taken from the poor Palestinians because of the sources of your information. The UN partition plan set JEWISH owned and populated lands to be the Israeli state in a form that allowed for a Jewish Majority while Jerusalem was to be under international control even though it was mostly Jewish. This was rejected outright by the Arabs. It was the Arabs own greed that placed the Palestinians in their predicament and it is those same Arab states today that leave them to rot in refugee camps as a 'symbol' to Israeli aggression.

600,000 Jewish refugees from Arab countries were absorbed into Israel after its establishment and not left to rot in camps in order to receive world sympathy like the Muslims and Arabs did to the Palestinians. And the Palestinians, fell prey to their own lies and the lies of their Arab brethren.

I am who I am because I know who I am up against.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
and still I come across stuff like this:

by Bill Fletcher, Jr.

"I heard a comment by an Israeli soldier on National Public Radio that will probably haunt me for life. Interviewed in southern Lebanon in the midst of the Israeli aggression, he commented on the hundreds of Lebanese civilians killed by the Israelis. His words were chilling: most of the civilians killed, he noted, lived in areas controlled by Hezbollah-- they should have found a better place to live.
In that instant, the Israeli aggression against Lebanon, and the additional one in Gaza, took on a new clarity. It also became evident to me how the Bush administration and the majority of Congress can champion the atrocities that are mounting with each day: the lives of Arabs are irrelevant.
Consider the words of the Israeli soldier and now let’s flip the script. Since 1967 the Israelis, in violation of the United Nations and international law, have occupied Arab land and created illegal settlements. Yet, when a Palestinian suicide bomber kills Israeli civilians, whether in a settlement or elsewhere, I cannot remember anyone seriously saying that the Israeli civilians should have chosen somewhere else to live, as a justification for the murder of non-combatants."

And I agree with him, that is a truly disturbing (and cold) comment.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Grover,
Please provide links to what you said refgarding the Israeli soldiers claim of kiling civilians. More information before drawing conclusions are necessary.

Regarding your analogy between settlers and suicide bombers.
Do you honestly believe that that is parallel?

Suicide bombers did most of their damage within Israel's internationally recognized borders amongst civilians.
Even if the soldier killed civilians that resided among Hizbullah fighters during combat after Israel dropped leaflets and let the Lebanese and Hizbullah know of their pending attack, how can you compare it to a suicide bomber who even enters an 'illegal' settlement and bombs children eating in restaurants?

And you say I am extreme - it seems like you are doing acrobatics trying to justify the unjustifiable.

Another peice of information. Much of the 'illegal' settlements you described were built on lands PURCHASED by Jews from Arabs.
And yet another - Did you know that Israeli Arabs illegally build and expand their houses? Israel does not enforce these rules as to appease Israeli Arabs. As a Jew if I would do tyhe same I would me fined and my house or expansion would be razed.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I was quoting an article found on www.commondreams.org. I do not justify any killing, by any side....if you would read my posts on various threads that would be obvious. I just don't buy into the poor little abused innocent Israel myth.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I was quoting an article found on www.commondreams.org. I do not justify any killing, by any side....if you would read my posts on various threads that would be obvious. I just don't buy into the poor little abused innocent Israel myth.

But you do buy into the abused Palestinian myth

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join