It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americas Involvement in Israel's conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Since we are now extracting US citizens from Lebanon are we getting involved in the conflict?

Here are my thoughts

1. If we are in the middle of a fight trying to rescue 25,000-100,000 of our own citizens I believe we will be getting involved.
2. Placing troops and equipment either in Greece or Libya could result in an accident. What happens if a cruise ship or even worse Lebanese or an Iranian weapon hits a military vehicle accidentally? Would this create a new dimension to the war?

I know we need to be there rescue our people But on the other hand is it a good reason to start dropping equipment and soldiers. This to me would make Syria and Iran very nervous and might cause a mishap.

These are just some thoughts; I would like to know your thoughts on the subject. I am probably crazy but I see bad things down the road for this whole conflict.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hmmm

No Opinions from the peanut gallery?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't get it from what everyone are so afraid..........
so IF they are attacked,so what? littlebit of shootout,and the hizzabla is over,simple as that.

*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 19/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I highly doubt the US wants to be invoved in any way. The White House and Congress have made it clear that the US position is to sit back and let Israel dimantle Hezbollah on there own. Remeber also that the government of Lebanon is an ally of the US, though unfortunately for them, not as a big an ally as Israel. I'm sure that Israel is getting plenty of heat in the back channels from the US over the destabilizing the Lebonese government. If that country is left in a power vacuum who know what crappy group will step up to take control.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Exactly as the previous poster said...the US is not going to get directly involved and why should we? Israel is doing a great job of taking it to Hezbollah and is bringing them to their knees and so far it looks like Iran and Syria are going to idly sit by and watch it. Now if they were to get involved then i think the US position would change but right now no one is stopping Israel despite idiocy and rhetoric coming from Iran.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Why on earth would America get invloved???
Israel are doing the dirty work for them..

Why doesn,t America restrain action from Israel??

Do a search on who runs all your media and banking companies..

Are you suprised now???

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Why on earth would America get invloved???
Israel are doing the dirty work for them..

Why doesn,t America restrain action from Israel??

Do a search on who runs all your media and banking companies..

Are you suprised now???

Are you suggesting that Israel owns all of the US's media outlets and Banks or that Jews own them?

What a brilliant post BTW, no one has ever suggested that the Jews run everything before.
Sigh, at least you could try to hide the bigottry behind even a thin veil.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Woudlnt we be forced to should a stray missle hit our ships, or equipment or even our evacuee's ?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Woudlnt we be forced to should a stray missle hit our ships, or equipment or even our evacuee's ?

If they actually wanted to do that...given the amount of time America has taken to get our citizens out, don't you think they could have already targetted Americans specifically? Even now it should be obvious that their beef is with Israel. I think this delay and this slow extraction is intentional and they are doing it slowly to try to suck us in if Americans accidentally get hurt.

new topics

top topics

join