It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for an old windows 95/98 game can anyone help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Hi,ok first off sorry for the bad spelling.Ok im looking for a game im sure its for windows 95/98 i had it years and years ageo on my windows 95 computer.(i got xp now) anyway i was thinking about this game at work and how cool it was and now i got the bad craveing to play it thing is i dont no where i put the cd (was a burned copy) i dont remember wut its called lol it was long time ageo i played it..ok i will try to discribe it.

If anyone has played it and can tell me wut its called or send me link to where i ca order it i will be extreamley happy...and am willing to mail 5$ for the person who finds its for me (so i can order it) im that desprite to play it lol even tho its so old.

ok i been serching google and yahoo for the last half houre and i couldent find it at all so i will discribe it maybe someone else has better luck.

Its a space game.When you play you have an astroid.the scroon is like a map of space and u see your astroid on the bottom of scroon there are your options like money and stuff...(think command anc conquer set up,all your options are at the bottom) the astroid is simpley a red circul when you click on it and zoom in you see the astroid up close and on the surface of it there is like a bar graph so you can tell wut area you have to build on.

You then build stuff on it like houseing,missel platforms,power plants,food storagge,ship building factery,lonch port and so on. its pretty simple.You can build ships and weapons all sorts of upgrades and you can build engins on your astroid so it can move around space and find more astroids.

you use the astroid to move around space and find more astroids to build on.there are alines in it to.from time to time you come across another astroid in pace thats a diffront coular (pink,orange,green) and thats an aliens astroid.somemtimes theay attack you and you can lonch missels at them and send fleets of space ships to attack them.

you can buy medical stuff and food from markets to help you astroids population.each astroid you have is its own civilization and is diffront (all human of corse) i mean each one is can have food shortanges or power theay can get sick and people can die and if you dont have enough stuff for the people such as food and power everyone on it dies and you loose the astroid.

Its a pretty simple game to understand not very good graphics because its old but for its time i think there great. i remember its not a very dark game..lots of light coulars pretty easy to understand and i find it very fun once you take over lots astroids and go to war with the aliens.

Well i hope someone reads this and no's wut im talking about if anyone dose.. PLEASE! find a website where i can order it or down load it.If it is the right game (i will no when i see it) if ya want i can mail ya $5 as a thank you gift lol if u want. like i said i dont remember the name but i prolly wood if i seen it.if there was pictures or scroon shots i wood no for sure. hope someone can help me out
thank

[edit on 19-7-2006 by StephenR]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
anyone???......come on i bet half the people who read this are at least 2 times my age (18) i mean you guys been playing them old games long befor i was around i bet....someone must no wut im talking about!! plz plz plz
.....guess i will whate longer...

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
anyway, try searching google for space based strategy games. if that doesn't narrow it down enough, try typing in anything else you can think of pertaining to the game.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by 25cents]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
lol i have tryed everything i can think of
..like EVERYTHING!!....this is my last resort sorta speak
well i still have hope someone will no

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
A name would be good...

Home of the Underdogs would be a good place to start looking. Good luck. There are a gazillion games from that era...

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by StephenR[/i

Its a space game.When you play you have an astroid.the scroon is like a map of space and u see your astroid on the bottom of scroon there are your options like money and stuff...(think command anc conquer set up,all your options are at the bottom) the astroid is simpley a red circul when you click on it and zoom in you see the astroid up close and on the surface of it there is like a bar graph so you can tell wut area you have to build on.

You then build stuff on it like houseing,missel platforms,power plants,food storagge,ship building factery,lonch port and so on. its pretty simple.You can build ships and weapons all sorts of upgrades and you can build engins on your astroid so it can move around space and find more astroids.

you use the astroid to move around space and find more astroids to build on.there are alines in it to.from time to time you come across another astroid in pace thats a diffront coular (pink,orange,green) and thats an aliens astroid.somemtimes theay attack you and you can lonch missels at them and send fleets of space ships to attack them.

you can buy medical stuff and food from markets to help you astroids population.each astroid you have is its own civilization and is diffront (all human of corse) i mean each one is can have food shortanges or power theay can get sick and people can die and if you dont have enough stuff for the people such as food and power everyone on it dies and you loose the astroid.

Its a pretty simple game to understand not very good graphics because its old but for its time i think there great. i remember its not a very dark game..lots of light coulars pretty easy to understand and i find it very fun once you take over lots astroids and go to war with the aliens.

My friend, I am pretty sure I know what game your talking about...I've seen one of my friends play it a long time ago (theres this new thing out called "GameTap" and you can play a bunch of old games and he was playing this one you described...next time I see him (which will be soon) ill ask...unless you've found it already

EDIT: www.gametap.com... check out that website, and look for "Space Colony" for the Windows format...i think thats what you may be talking about...tell me if this helps!

-AITM89

[edit on 16-8-2006 by AllinTheMind89]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
hey,i looked around google and found some images of that "space colony" game...unfortunitley it not the one i was talkign about how ever it dose appear to be pretty close..looks along the same lines sorta lol....the game im looking for is much older by looking at it you can tell its old...and im ure its not 3d or anything...

i found some pics of the game your talking about (least i think its thet game ur talking about..at bottom)

this game looks simler to the one im looking for but is'ent it
....close tho....in the game im looking for the option are all at the bottom of screen money is in the middel map on the left....i dont no how to dicribe it more then i allready have lol i probley will never find it but THANK YOU for helping tho....maybe you or your friend will come across it sometime...eatherway feel free to mesage me....chances are i wont find it

eur.i1.yimg.com...

itpro.no...

www.counterfrag.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
HOLY CRAP I FOUND IT!!!

i asked my old friend i havent talked to in few years...hes the one who showed me it...anyway i asked himmif he rememberd and new wut it was.... and he did.its called "fragile allegiance" i seent hat name befor when looking for it but i never checked it out...i found some small screen shots of it....i was wrong about a few things mosr the option are on the right side bar not bottom...(i must be getting that old)

anyway thanks again everyone!

anyways thank you alll very much for helping

www.freeoldies.com...

bonusweb.idnes.cz...

new topics

top topics

join