It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Citizenship Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Should you remain or have the right to become an American Citizen? Take this test:

games.toast.net...

I got 29/30 but I have to admit some were lucky (though educated) guesses.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I failed. I only got 21.

Good thing I'm not American or that might be embarrassing.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
you know, if you only take a half semester of Civics, you aren't going to remember enough for a test of this sort, some 9 years later.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I need to brush up on my US history / civics.

senate and congress terms got me and the constitution amendments!

interesting I did not know about the alcohol age amendment, makes sence.

Thanks great post !

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
28/30... i failed the eisenhower question fair and square and a screen resolution problem caused me to miss the "where it is illegal" part of the liquor importing question.

The multiple choice saved my butt twice though; they weren't guesses, i just wouldn't have come up with them if i were staring at a blank line.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
hey, I know, let's give this test to our servicemen and women, if they pass, they can retain their right to fight for our country.....

I bet if a similar test adapted to the time was given to those who fought in the american revoulution, they wouldn't have passed either.

seems to me to be just another ploy to justify the idea that half the american population is unamerican and deserves to have less rights than others.

now quick.....name all the main actors starring in the guiding light...
if you can't do that, then you don't deserve the priviledge of telling me your opinion of the latest movie you watched....

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I got 14. That's awful.

But I'm not a US citizen so that's ok.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
They send you to a class in your town to learn all this, so when you go take the test, you know all the answers. BTW, as i recalled the couple of times my parents dragged me along with them when i was little, they always start the class with The Pledge of Allegiance" and at the end of the class they sang "God Bless America".
I thought that was a nice touch.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
30/30.

It's not that hard a test, but a lot of it are just odd questions. Take for example the number of assassinated presidents. Most people only can think of JKF and Big A Lincoln, because the other two never get spoken of in the media.

Give a week of classes if not two on these topics, they'd easily pass.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
i got 15 out of 30 not bad for being scottish

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
weeelll after taking that...I now know i need to polish up on my Civis and US history...

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I got 20. That's actually kinda tough without doing a little homework. The ratified amendment, for one. I had no clue. Thought it was going to be something along the lines of African Americans voting. Definately a little challenging unless you get back to the books. Good find.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I got a score of 22 not bad for someone who isnt an American.
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
22/30. i goofed around so much in my civics courses that i'm surprised i did that well without any study. give me a week and i could get at least 29.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I got 26 correct. Not bad but should have been better. AI have to admit that some were guesses. Great post!

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 8/3/2006 by DCFusion]

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
How humiliating is this? I didn't pass. This is truely embarrassing. Absolutely no excuses for this, 24/30 OMG.

Needless to say, little ole Seagull is gonna spend some quality time on line with some civics and history of the US type stuff.

new topics

top topics

join