Tel Aviv Residents Given One Hour to Flee???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
according to this report Arab press sources close to the Hizbullah say that residents of Tel Aviv will be given one hour to flee before the terrorist group launches a barrage of missiles at the city.

The Lebanese resistance is preparing a retaliation parallel to Israel's military actions. Hassan Nasrallah will address the people of Tel Aviv and warn them to evacuate the city within one hour. As soon as the delay ends, hundreds of heavy missiles will start landing in the city, which has been divided into squares in order to let damage reach every inch of the city. An estimated 500 missiles are expected to land in Tel Aviv in a short period of time."

israelnationalnews.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I hope this madness never happens. and Wish that this conflicts ends today.

btw, how and which missiles can reach tel aviv?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Maybe this is why (if true) Hezbollah rocket attacks have been somewhat subdued..Building up to the "Big push", to coin a phrase...

Then again, it might be that they have been pummeled by the IDF, but from what I can make out, most IDF attacks have been infrastructure/civilian targets.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Found some other source.
www.upi.com...

BEIRUT, Lebanon, July 19 (UPI) -- As many as 500 Hezbollah missiles will target Tel Aviv soon, but residents will be given one hour's notice to flee, a Palestinian news agency reports.

Reminds me of when Israel told beirut residents to evacuate, a similar approach.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If they fire missiles into Tel Aviv then it would escalate the war quite dramatically Israel's response will be ratchetted up a few more notches even possibly striking Iran's nuclear facilities.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
And how much time do they have left? This is breaking news right?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Reminds me of when Israel told beirut residents to evacuate, a similar approach.

At least there is still some sort of sportsmanship going on. From what I can tell, both sides have issued warnings about their attacks and whilst attacking civilians should be avoided, you can't say they didn't warn them.

This is what I was saying about the difference between Hezbollah and the Hamas cowards. At least Hezbollah will stand up and fight the IDF toe to toe. The Palestiians behave like cowards in their suicide attacks.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I would say with this story just breaking we should see the news of the attack anytime now i'm going to go watch right now

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Have they already issued the warning, or is that something they plan to do?
What do you think the Isreali response will be, especially with the ground troops already in Lebanon?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by james28colkd
What do you think the Isreali response will be, especially with the ground troops already in Lebanon?

They only have a few Spec Ops teams. The IDF still wont push into Lebanon as they know Hezbollah will give them one hell of a bloody nose.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The Palestinian Authority-based news agency Ma'an said Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah would give the tip-off when Israeli's should start evacuating.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Not long ago i was watching Channel 9 Australian news network. Their was a report from Haifa that their was a suicide bomber in the city of Tel Aviv and that Israeli authorities were looking for the man at this time. This report was about 20 minutes ago.
Then i came on here and see this report, i wonder which one is true.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The Palestinian Authority-based news agency Ma'an said Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah would give the tip-off when Israeli's should start evacuating.

I can't believe how Gentlemanly that sounds!

How awfully nice of them...what what...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The way it's worded it says within the hour so from the time of the posting i would give them about an hour, anything longer and Israel might pre-empt

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
remember they did this to put telaviv in fear from now on.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
If there is any substance to the threat it would seem that the intention must be to launch Katyushas from the West Bank.

I have seen nothing to suggest that these missiles have the range to reach Tel Aviv from Lebanon or that Hezbollah have anything remotely close to that quantity of larger long range missiles that could do the job.

So, do they have the positions and strength to fire from the West Bank in this way or are Hezbollah simply playing a psychlogical game and letting the citizens of Tel Aviv know how it feels to be given a deadline to leave their capital city before it is attacked? If he has made the threat without the hardware to carry it through he has seriously damaged his credibility has he not?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
And that coming from an Israeli source (aka far from independant and objective).
Nowadays, when a country goes to war, primary objectives are allways communication systems and foreign journalists are kindly parked or asked to leave.
The news coverage of the event should be a main concern to us.
For example, i saw on news 3 days ago that Israel used phosphor bombs on Liban.
Now, we know the kind of scandal that almost arouse after US used them in Irak.
That news, as expected got censored, no wonder why.

Wonder when we will see a real independant counterpart to the monopoly reuters and other news agencies hold today.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yes but remember they said they had a suprize for Israel maybe it's in the form of a new missile

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is really scary. You can bet that if Tel Aviv is attacked, the Israeli retaliation will be big. Not good.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Its sounds like a bluff but to make sure dos anyone know of a webcam in Tal Aviv we may be able to see?

500 missles seems a bit much that many batteries being set up would be easy to see from the air.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join