It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats' Newest Voting Bloc...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
...Murderers, Rapists, And Child Molesters!

I dunno, maybe some might applaud the fact that any and everybody has the opportunity to vote, but is that a good thing? I didn't used to be that way, you had to show that you had a vested interest in the country and the outcome of the vote, that is to say, you had to show ownership of property. Nowadays, it isn't difficult to see or hear someone expressinf interest in what they can get out of the government, or what the government should be doing for them (although their ideas of what the government should do for them doesn't fit with the constitution).

Interesting article:

toogoodreports.com...

"Vermont and Maine even allow convicts to vote from prison. The Economist noted that the typical inmate "is more likely than other Americans to be poor and poorly educated, to have a sorry employment record, to be a junkie, to be mentally ill, and to be a member of a minority group. A survey of Californian inmates found that half were functionally illiterate." Just the kind of citizens we want selecting our already dysfunctional leaders. Many elections are decided by a couple of percent or so. Felons could swing the elections of our legislators, governors, members of Congress, and, as in Florida, even our President toward the Democrat candidates."

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I agree with you that these criminal types ought not to vote, by why are you so certain that ONLY the Democrats will exploit them. Neither party is innocent, I think, and either one would do whatever they could to get a vote.

I am still unsure of what happened in Florida in 2000.

I wouldn't sweat this too much, though. The Dems will nominate someone really unpalatable to the general public, like Dean, and lose the general election in a landslide. The DMC is clueless.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
i can hear colonel and others just running to this thread to deny this, defend the democrat politicians or put their spin on this by saying a republican did this article and its impossible for them to be right while believing every word what liberal reportes tell them without question.

i keep saying it and very few listen...doesnt matter what the party is, they're just politicians and could care less about the people.

felons shouldnt vote, PERIOD. i cant imagine why democrats would want them to vote unless its for the reasons given in the article which seem quite reasonable.

to coin a phrase from someone on this board... those democrats are gonna burn!!! burn burn burn! they're going to hell for this. evil dummycrats. (see how stupid this childish crap looks? i felt like an 8 year old typing that out)

good article though.

but my question still stands to EVERYONE. why would democrats want convicted felons to vote????

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Really, please.

Thomas we know is on the lunatic fringe but Monkey, just state your flavor & wear it proudly like Thomas, the middle of the road act isn't selling any tickets.

"Why would Democrats want convicted felons to vote?" As if the 'C Block' boys are rousted by the CO's to be taken to the polling booths!

Just looking at the percentages of our population that have been incarcerated would tell you it's a preety big group. But the key is 'ex' - these are people who've supposedly qualified to rejoin society. Rejoining society should be on a limited basis because why? With the exception of predatory criminals, I don't see why anyone whose served their time should be excluded. The other false premise is that these folks are going to take their voting right as an active tool of social change; yet half our populace who've never jaywalked & are regular working stiffs don't exercise that right - what in Beejeebus's name makes you think an ex-jailbird is going to become a local party chairman & "get out the vote"!?!?!

"The Right stuff for Right Thinkers" - is an interesting website mission statement & it's fun for #z & giggles, but not too informative, and evidently not too shy to cast stones of playing the race card out of one side of it's mouth, while pimping it's own version.
Oh, I forgot, "Mudpit Forum".....sensibility be damned then, on with the non-reality based sheeeAaat!

Favorite new quote: " We'll show the Christian Right how Right Christians should act"

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
are supposed to BANNED from voting are they not?! Wow! If this is what the Dems have sunk to for support I actually pity them now. Granted, it's a damn smart idea tactically but what dreg pool!

I wonder if the Felons will get the coveted "access" when they get parole?

This is mind boggeling... Illiterate convicts with mental illnesses can figure out how to operate the ballot box but 2/3 of Florida's Democrats coul not. Go figure...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The dang voteing system stinks. Politics stinks and so do all politicians. The Government is by far the worst, because they will allow anyone witht he funding to take office.

Everyone who feels they can make a difference by voteing, should see what happens when thousands upon thousands decide to with hold their votes. If we all held our votes, none could or should be able to take the office until "We the people", saw to the emplacement. That is how is was, is only a shame now. Or is that SHAM...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Murderers, Rapists, And Child Molesters vote for Republicans all the time...and usually they win the seat

there is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
In Britain.Convicts,Peers(lords and such),and the insane can not vote.
What is ironic is that so many can actually tick more than one box.
The last example of this must surely be Lord Archer who could tick all three.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Democratic desparation is becoming more obvious everyday. What will they do next? Give the vote to expatriots living abroad?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well, this all fits with the rest of the hypocrasy in our country..a sex offender can't vote but has no problem holding the highest political office. Go figure...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
astro,

who is the sex offender you are referring to?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan, accused of rape ...twice. That's who he's talking about.
Can't be Clinton - adults bumpin' nastys aren't sex offenders.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nah, I think exposing oneself, rape and sexual assault pretty much define the term.

Just because a sex offender has some consentual sex too doesn't erase the non-consentual does it? Or does it erase it if you can kill the victim before they hit the stand.

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by astrocreep]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
astro

I didn't know George W Bush had been charged yet?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Thomas we know is on the lunatic fringe but Monkey, just state your flavor & wear it proudly like Thomas, the middle of the road act isn't selling any tickets.

its not an act. i walk MY path, not the one others think i should walk. that separates me from you and the other sheeple. i dont buy into this concept that a person has to be on one extreme or the other politically. it should be apparent that having such a stance does little good and only working together brings real change and progress. however i know how you love to fight and argue more than learn and progress so i spend little time on you to begin with. you're rather hopeless compared to those on this board who share views similar to your own.

i'll walk my path, you keep walking someone elses like a sheep. your attitude, shared by many more on this board is the reason why there are large rifts in this nation and the gaps get larger and larger, not because of a democrat or a republican, but because the sheeple in this country are all too willing to swallow what those poiliticans spoonfeed them and then spew onto others and infect them like a disease. you're infected, stay away from me.

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by ThePrankMonkey]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Nobody is making them vote democrat you know.

I still dont agree with this though, convicts etc do not deserve a vote.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
B-T, as I am with the constitution and the KJV, as the Founding Fatehrs were, I do not feel that I am a member of the fringe, but in keeping with the dream upon the country was based, it is the others, most clearly the liberal left, that is the extreme fringe. But I agree in the realm of politics, pick a team and wear your colors! It is a sport, just like college football. Man, people at work will almost come to blows Monday morning over the weekend ball games, but maybe one knows what the 6th Amendment is all about, and I doubt that one knows the difference between having counsel to assist and being represented by an attorney. What a sad time in which we live that mindless athletic sports is more observed than politics!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
B-T, as I am with the constitution and the KJV, as the Founding Fatehrs were, I do not feel that I am a member of the fringe, but in keeping with the dream upon the country was based...

Tc, nowadays, that *is* the fringe...I just recognize it as such & still show consideration for the Constitution even if it puts me in the "fringe" anyway...

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
But I agree in the realm of politics, pick a team and wear your colors! It is a sport, just like college football.

...But it's a "sport" that affects *everybody*, not just the players & odds-makers...Besides, politicians in general are going to work *against* the Nation & its Citizens for their own benefit, regardless of what "team" they claim to be on. The only difference between the parties is how fast they can screw up the Nation compared to the other "team".

BTW, I'm generally a nice enough person to go out of my way to so things for people, like open doors, give up a spot in line & whatnot...But if I happen to recognize a politician, they are always exempt from my favors because they only do favors for themselves (& thier "closest associates", of course).

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think felons and inmates should be allowed to vote. They're citizens too and we're supposed to live in a democracy after all. If we bar them from voting who's next? Women, blacks, the poor, the elderly, non college grads? I think everyone should get a vote.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

Originally posted by Bout Time

its not an act. i walk MY path, not the one others think i should walk. that separates me from you and the other sheeple. i dont buy into this concept that a person has to be on one extreme or the other politically. it should be apparent that having such a stance does little good and only working together brings real change and progress. however i know how you love to fight and argue more than learn and progress so i spend little time on you to begin with. you're rather hopeless compared to those on this board who share views similar to your own.

i'll walk my path, you keep walking someone elses like a sheep. your attitude, shared by many more on this board is the reason why there are large rifts in this nation and the gaps get larger and larger, not because of a democrat or a republican, but because the sheeple in this country are all too willing to swallow what those poiliticans spoonfeed them and then spew onto others and infect them like a disease. you're infected, stay away from me.

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by ThePrankMonkey]

Teach me oh Shepard! Bwaaaah!
Love to fight & abhor erudition? No, I just don't suffer fools gladly; particularly pompous ones!
But on a serious note, you've come down repeatedly on a side, yet swear to the great blue sky you're walking the middle line.
Sorry, like a sailor coming back from a Singapore shore leave thankful for the row of buildings keeping his walk to the boat vertical, you're far right of the middle.

Thomas

man that was lucid...good stuff!

While it's a bit out of nature, I've moved my Centrist view to be anti-Republican, hell, I've even saved the forum link when I lost faith after hearing my buddy Pete King ( who would have been the NY Senator over Mrs.Clinton if he ran, but no, the fascists back Rick lazio because he's a tool), actually spout the company line. that was the last straw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join