It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Fourth Israeli Soldier Kidnapped North of Tel Aviv

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Is this verifiable?
What would this mean for this growing crisis?

www.foxnews.com...

I hate using fox as a source.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Ok found more.
www.latimes.com... nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-israel-soldier,1,4770863.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

JERUSALEM -- Israeli television on Wednesday reported that witnesses said they saw an Israeli soldier apparently kidnapped while he was hitchhiking north of Tel Aviv.

Israel's Channel 2 said that police had received a phone call from a soldier hitchhiking north of Tel Aviv who saw a vehicle he said looked suspicious. Another broadcaster, Channel 10 reported that witnesses saw a soldier forced into a vehicle in the same area.

What was he doing hitch hiking??

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Whhaaa?

another one, ive heard nothing about it on Skynews.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This IS NOT what we need right now. With ground attacks already commenced, Israel only needs something like this to use as an excuse. WTF is wrong with them. Give me President Bush's seat and Id have this sorted out in no time at all.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
How the hell can a soldier be kidnapped in a warzone?

Enough of this bullocks already!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
yes, the middle east is all so simple isn't it.

No mention in the British press. The latest thing was claims from Hezbollah that they hit an Israeli warbase. The Israelis deny it. Probably a good thing. If Hezbollah started attacking more millitary targets and continues with the targetting of civilians, well that is a sign of full all out war. With Iran effectively declaring war on Israel.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Couple of things I've heard on the news channels that sound big but are than quietly dropped....scaremongering?

2 days ago, a suicide bomber was reportedly stopped in Jerusalem....reported on CNN for about 2 minutes....then nothing.

Today, an explosion reported in 'Central Israel' (???) reportedly being a car that blew up, containing the body of a suicide bomber.

Now this Israeli soldier hitchhiker kidnapping report.

These things get reported, then swiftly dropped with nothing more said.

Usually, it's just Faux News that does this, but other news channels are doing it too at the moment.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
AP Release

And this is why I am happy I have built a source inside Israel and one in Beirut. That soldier my friends is going to go to jail for a long time. Apparently he was late for duty, and instead of facing repremand, he decided to call in kidnapped.

I thought you all would want to know that the soldier is ok though.

*Edit - The reason he called in kidnapped was reported to me from a man staying in Israel via u2u on another forum.

[edit on 7/19/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thank you NB.
Its good to have these sources, if you get wind of anything-hint-hint.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
*Nudge Nudge* Will do.

I must ask though, I hate to make a crack at this situation, but I find it more and more difficult not to. How often do you ever hear about people calling in kidnapped? Is this just an excuse that I never find the right time for to get out of work?

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
www.haaretz.com...

Major traffic jams were reported in central Israel, exacerbated by additional roadblocks that were set up around Tel Aviv due to a report that an Israel Defense Forces soldier was abducted in the area.
The army said it was checking the report, phoned in by another soldier, but had no immediate comment or details. Police in the area said they were looking into the report and investigating to see if the claim was true.
It was later established that the report had been a false one

If this is the kidnapping you are refering to, it has been proven false by
Haaretz a israeli newspapaer.

[edit on 103131p://upWednesday by wang]

top topics

join