It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate toy - So, who wants one of these then ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This is wicked, absolutly mint, i have got to get me one of these!!!

Bet i can't fly it on my car licence though

Check this out, see "hover flight test", "tech spec" etc buttons on the left.
www.solotrek.com...

And the how stuff works article which relates to the above explians more about it.
travel.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
hehe....yeah i saw this advertised last year i think......but i'll say the same as i said then....I'LL TAKE 2!!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
TWO....TWO........You want a whole squadron of these things!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I'll stick with the Tickle Me Elmo. Still haven't gotten my monies worth out of that from 5 Christmases ago.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
rendered non-flyable....
, for exhibition purposes only.
what a waste.
i need to get them blueprints

you can have one custom-made for 30k$

if u trust ur life to ruski engineering, that is

(i wouldn't advise that under ANY circumstances)

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The first powered jet pack, was powered by hydrogen peroxide. Only allowing a few seconds of air time to a few minutes. Modern advanced technology of course makes those artifact obsolete.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Wait for the anti-grav packs to come out.

May be sooner than you think.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Well, this thing flies about 1,5m above the ground. I don't really think this is fun. Well, of course, if you'd like to use this for flying above people and kicking them in their heads, you could buy yourself one. But if you're not a sadist, it won't be fun for you. Flying on altitude that low will bore you... And the expensive ultimate toy will lie in the garage... What a pity. Stick to LEGO .

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
What on earth!! It would be cool, might need goggles and a hat (reminds me of biggles) but flying along at 70mph above all the mugs sitting in traffic jams that would be soooo sweet, you could drop mustard into convertables and stuff!!!

Im not a sadist but i would trade almost anything for one of these

by the way...they do have a parachute if the engine fails so i guess u have to fly high

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It would only make me lazy, instead of walking to to the corner store Id be flying, damn have to watch out for those power head phone lines

No officer wasnt me didnt do a thing...uh uh

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm surprised that something like that can actually fly that far. From the pics, it doesn't seem to carry a large payload for fuel.

I'm sure it would make a wonderful playthink for the rich, but the site's mention of it's use for paratroopers seems a bit unpractical. Will something like that even work at such high altitudes? Besides, if someone starts shooting at you and you get a bullet in the prop, bad things are gonna happen.

At least this is more efficient and safer than rocket jetpacks though.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Looking at the demo video, is this thing real? does anyone have any links of this thing really going? I want to see if dodging and diving under bridges and stuff, not just sit 2 ffet off the ground, maskes you wonder if it is getting power through that over head cable.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i need me one of those.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I saw one of thos on tv, they said that so far it has about 1 min. of fly time, and will only fly i a few in. off the ground.

But still it would be really cool.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
overhead cable is for insurance at early stages, hovercar prototypes have to have them two!!!

Bloody insurance!

I bet the americans want a V8 version

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by Kobyoshimaru]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Sorry guys but the project has been canceled. I was really looking forward to this too. Seems they had an accident with the prototype and most of their funding was lost. A big contributor to this project was DARPA

new topics

top topics

join