It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn Of The Dead Scenario

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Scientifically speaking, a "true" zombie like in the movies would be impossible. As soon as the body has started decomposing, the muscles in the body would be too stiff to move, and there would be no circulation from the blood vessles in the bodies, meaning there would be no vision, taste, or feelings.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Scientifically speaking, a "true" zombie like in the movies would be impossible. As soon as the body has started decomposing, the muscles in the body would be too stiff to move, and there would be no circulation from the blood vessles in the bodies, meaning there would be no vision, taste, or feelings.

Please can we define the term zombie:

zom·bie also zom·bi n. pl. zom·bies, also zom·bis
A snake god of voodoo cults in West Africa, Haiti, and the southern United States.

A supernatural power or spell that according to voodoo belief can enter into and reanimate a corpse.
A corpse revived in this way.
One who looks or behaves like an automaton.
A tall mixed drink made of various rums, liqueur, and fruit juice.

Hollywood has taken a hold of the stereotypical zombie like creature. It is relatively easy to disapprove Hollywoods accounts of such creatures, look behind the mask and let the discussion begin...

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Has anyone read "Cell" by Stephen King? In it everyones cell phone rings at the same time one day and if you answer it, or were on the phone already, you get your consience mind wiped clean (like formating your hard drive) and are just left with your most basic urges (eating, killing, etc...). not the best book I've ever read but an entertaining twist on the whole zombie theme.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights

Please can we define the term zombie:

zom·bie also zom·bi n. pl. zom·bies, also zom·bis
A snake god of voodoo cults in West Africa, Haiti, and the southern United States.

A supernatural power or spell that according to voodoo belief can enter into and reanimate a corpse.
A corpse revived in this way.
One who looks or behaves like an automaton.
A tall mixed drink made of various rums, liqueur, and fruit juice.

Hollywood has taken a hold of the stereotypical zombie like creature. It is relatively easy to disapprove Hollywoods accounts of such creatures, look behind the mask and let the discussion begin...

Agreed, but I did say "a "true" zombie like in the movies" ;P

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
In movies like Dawn of The Dead, Resisdent Evil, Land of The Dead; shouldn't a large wound to the heart kill a zombie? Or at least slow it, rediculously?
I mean, really; if the zombie is operating within believable terms, it would require blood flow to keep its muscles moving, yes? Thus, if the heart was damaged significantly (Or any wound that would create sufficient blood loss) it would be safe to assume the ensuing lack of blood would kill or potentially kill the zombie?
Oh Hollywood zombie; how easily you are debunked.

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
You can also point to the fact that when bodies are fitted for burial, they are drained of their blood to ensure they're dead (yes, I'm talking about real life, not the movies).

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Good point.
But, it wouldn't really make a total difference for some sort of large scale infection. I mean, most people who succumb to the disease would probably change before they were burried, no?

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You can also point to the fact that when bodies are fitted for burial, they are drained of their blood to ensure they're dead (yes, I'm talking about real life, not the movies).

No pretty much the movies again! They may do it in real life but I don't see how that contributes? Of course a body being kept in an airtight freezer before burial would be dead!

I don't think a dead body could turn into a zombie.. when I say real life I mean they are alive.. not dead!

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
ive bennn waiting for the zombies 2 come for a long time. go ahead call me paranoid but we'll c whos laughing when i blow ur zombie brains out. they r very possible jus make a virus that disssables all of our human abliatys but food gathering. then make it transmitable through saliva (kinda how camodos use their saliva 2 kill crap it attacks)
when they come im gonna go whip my step dadds hand gun out save the parts of my family that i can then friends take all of them in a suv i hi jack or something and go 2 a gun store. gather wut we can and move on 2 food and water for that i would try and get a semi and fill it up. after all that we jus try and find some place sucluded. and jus make trips out side when needed

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/12/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
...if you cant beat 'em, join em......

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Lets make a separation between the undead and zombies.The Undead were dead that came back to life, like lazarus or in Night of the Living Dead. While Zombies are mearly people who act very simply and may or may not have ever died, like in 28 days later.

We're talking about zombies so virus induced mob violence would be relevant but not the practicality of reanimation

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Humans are 55%-75% water not 98%, if we were 98% water we would have no organs and just be walking water sacks

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Something bad is looming out there but it isnt what you people are thinking, no impending end of the world senarios here just more bull# excuses and higher taxes, possible riots if somehow McCain does sqeak by Obama ect ect ect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
heres how to deal with zombies,

set up a sniper nest, fill said nest with food, water, ammo. aquire semi-auto rifle, start picking off zombies with head shots. or reenact Dead Rising.

But seriously, if there was a virus, chemical or biological weapon that could turn humans into zombies what percentage of the population would be affected?

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psyclon9

But seriously, if there was a virus, chemical or biological weapon that could turn humans into zombies what percentage of the population would be affected?

It depends on what part of the world gets infected first by the virus. If it is someplace like Britain or on an island somewhere in the ocean it can be contained. If the virus starts in somewhere like Africa, or Asia than a huge percentage of the human population would be affected since most of the worlds population lives there. But i think that if there is a zombie apocalypse eventually the whole world will be infected. And by apocalypse I mean not a lonely little island getting infected.

Something like Dead Rising or Left 4 Dead seem highly unpredictable.

I mean sure 28 Days Later seems more believable the fact that the zombies in it never died. They were just infected with a virus and not considered "undead"
So that seems like it could be possible, as for surviving a zombie apocalypse it is very hard to do. Especially if the entire world will become infected but yes have a sniper nest would be fine, until they learn how to climb haha

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join