It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn Of The Dead Scenario

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
MAnhand hasnt become any les civilized since ancient times. People always regard teh romans and mayans as highly civilized yet they had sacrifies and the colesseoum(sp?.)
And mankind isnt the only species that makes war, chimps do it and i think they do practise cannibalism, lions will quite often kill competitiona as do many animals.
Also zombies dont really fit into basic instint really do they, how mnay anilas do you see running around and just eating uncontrollably.
ANother problem with zombie movies if theyre so hungry why dont they eat each other.

edited to remove profanity

[edit on 23-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It would be a truelly Biblical end of our civilization don't ya think?

16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 1 Thessalonians 4:16

On a side note I have had dreams/nightmares my whole life regarding a zombie apocolypse. any one else?

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
It would be a truelly Biblical end of our civilization don't ya think?

16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 1 Thessalonians 4:16

On a side note I have had dreams/nightmares my whole life regarding a zombie apocolypse. any one else?

Yeah, ive had a few of those dreams, i often get caught in a situation were I know iam screwed, and I wake up!

[edit on 23-7-2006 by PanzerDiv]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I haven't participated inthese kinds of discussions before, but I do have something I think you might be interested in.

A couple of years ago (I think in 2004, could be around there), I read on the BBC website an article saying that there was a disease being spread by mosquitos in Malaysia that would kill their victims, then within a few days, reanimate their bodies for two hours with them having "only the basic instincts of humanity" or something like that.

Something I found really wierd was that this never made the news, but that the Bush Administration was "fearful" that Malaysia would try to militarize the virus that was being spread by the mosquitos.

Did anyone else see this article, or am I just thinking that I saw things?

I tried finding the article again, but I can't remember the exact date, so *sigh* I have had a hard time trying to find it. I will keep looking for it though.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Zombism is easy to make with moneys... anything is
Yay government! (sarcasm)

But really in my opinion a zombie needs its brain and to run non stop needs oxygen to the brain/blood meaning it needs its lungs to work.. so dead wouldnt make

Also lotsa blood vomiting and stuff dead would not make

So a living zombie makes more sense and to get that you just need to use chemicles to cancel out logic and stuff in the brain and heighten primitive thoughts (Alchohal and drugs have proven this possible we just need a high dose)

Contracting through bites.. dont know how this would work but a chemicle air born virus(Gas/vapor simply) could spread it to masses causeing an outbreak

Need to eat brains or people

Um.. ew not so much a need but an instinct of forceful hunger to eat whatever is near you so... maybe not just people but anything you can bite meaning its not logical but is possible to bring out a perfect zombism

Oh pop corn chicken is ready!

Ok ok not on subject

Wide spread concentrated ebola or whatever may cause a sort of zombism

But yea just my theory of zombination

>.> Fear the zomboloids!

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sir Solomon
I haven't participated inthese kinds of discussions before, but I do have something I think you might be interested in.

A couple of years ago (I think in 2004, could be around there), I read on the BBC website an article saying that there was a disease being spread by mosquitos in Malaysia that would kill their victims, then within a few days, reanimate their bodies for two hours with them having "only the basic instincts of humanity" or something like that.

Something I found really wierd was that this never made the news, but that the Bush Administration was "fearful" that Malaysia would try to militarize the virus that was being spread by the mosquitos.

Did anyone else see this article, or am I just thinking that I saw things?

I tried finding the article again, but I can't remember the exact date, so *sigh* I have had a hard time trying to find it. I will keep looking for it though.

April 1st
Guess what that means ^_^

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
IMO, I think the stereotypical Hollywood zombie shouldnt be used as a mould for the possibility of real zombies.

An American biologist Wade Davis suspected that some mysterious substances were used in zombification and he set about to find them. He discovered two noteworthy constituents:

- tetrodotoxin – obtained from puffer fish – an effective nerve poison, inducing deep paralysis.

- A fluid – secreted by the skin glands of the highly poisonous cane toad Bufo marinus – an effective hallucinogen and strong anaesthetic.

Other drugs such as ‘zombie cucumber’ Datura stramonium were thought to aid in the resuscitation and mind control of the victim.

It was also found that if persons that had been paralysed using the above drugs and left in their coffins too long, the effects of the mind controlling drug Datura stramonium were enhanced due to oxygen starvation, also adding to irreversible brain damage.

The idea of a rotting corpse brought back to life possibly has more to do with the work of novels and movies. However the idea of zombies as drugged individuals, pronounced dead and then buried alive in a coffin awaiting complete brainwashing appears to hold more truth.

West Indian country of Haiti on the island of Hispaniola. Zombies are persons who have ‘died’ but are not really dead, they are alive in a state of being, referred to as the undead. Evil sorcerers called bokors bring their victims back to a zombie state of life. This life is not a full life but a weird half-life where the zombie is incapable of thinking for itself, and it has no prior knowledge as to who it was. The bokors take their victims to remote areas where they are put to work as slaves. The whole idea of zombies is so ingrained in the psyche of the locals, that even the poorest of peasants are willing to pay quite large amounts of money to have heavy slabs placed on the coffins of their loved ones. This is thought to deter the bokors.

Abit of googling later and i'm more than sure it can be achieved!

Link

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Datura stramonium- This plant is considered to be highly dangerous if ingested and it is NOT recommended to buy it for the purpose of consumption. There are many other beneficial ways to use this plant.

Distribution:

All warm and tropical regions throughout the world, in desert and arid zones as well as in the tropical forest region and mountainous areas.

Datura is not illegal to buy sale or posses.

Sold for indentification purposes only. If I think you are going to do anything harmful to your self or conduct any illegal act with this product or any other on this site I will not sell to you.

Shipping information

Datura stramonium - Jimson-Weed
This is plant material, not seeds; leaves
25 grams Datura stramonium $8
50 grams Datura stramonium $15

100 grams Datura stramonium $28

Not so hard to get a hold of either by the looks of things!

edited to include link

[edit on 24-7-2006 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
'Real' Zombie story:

When Clairvius Narcisse entered the Albert Schweitzer Hospital in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, he appeared to be suffering from malnutrition, high fever, and aches throughout his body. His condition deteriorated rapidly as he developed respiratory problems, became unresponsive, and then slipped into a coma. Two days later, on May 2, 1962, he was declared dead by two attending physicians. His sister, Angelina, identified the body, and another sister, Marie Claire, authenticated the death certificate by placing her fingerprint on it. The next day Angelina, Marie Claire, and the rest of the family buried Clairvius in a small cemetery near their village of l’Estere. Here the saga of Clairvius Narcisse should have ended, but 18 years later, in 1980, a shuffling, vacant-eyed man approached Angelina in the village marketplace and identified himself as her brother, Clairvius. His family and many villagers recognized him immediately, and he told them a fantastic tale of being dug up from his grave, beaten to his senses, and led away to work as a slave on a remote sugar plantation. Though surprised, the villagers accepted his story because they believed that the power of voodoo magic made such things possible. It was clear to then that Clairvius Narcisse had been a member of the living dead—a zombie.

Link: www.chemistry.org...

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Knights]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Bear Man

April 1st
Guess what that means ^_^

Ok
I don't know what you are going at, but the article was not published on April Fools Day. I remember this because I talked with my French class teacher about it, and it was before a break (after spring break my old high school doesn't have any days off). So.....what's up?

The plant sounds interesting. Have there been any research on it's effect on humans? Well on second thought, maybe that information wouldn't be allowed to be in public.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
ON a side note I help out at a community centre by me and we made up a game zombie tag. BAsically the people ho are on cant run and have to 'eat' the others to make them on.
IT actually recreates a lot of the things that happne in the movies strangly, so maybe they arnt that farfetched just a loada kids pretendin.g

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
ON a side note I help out at a community centre by me and we made up a game zombie tag. BAsically the people ho are on cant run and have to 'eat' the others to make them on.
IT actually recreates a lot of the things that happne in the movies strangly, so maybe they arnt that farfetched just a loada kids pretendin.g

I don't quite understand. Are you saying that walking slow and eating others is an active primal instinct of the human race? OR emphasisng the stereotypical Hollywood zombie is present and the children know how a zombie 'should' act?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'd like to be a Zombie when i die

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knights

I don't quite understand. Are you saying that walking slow and eating others is an active primal instinct of the human race? OR emphasisng the stereotypical Hollywood zombie is present and the children know how a zombie 'should' act?

Well the latter mainly, its just interestin to think the movies (ashuming people became zombies) are closer to fact than fiction.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Well the latter mainly, its just interestin to think the movies (ashuming people became zombies) are closer to fact than fiction.

Fact? No. They are merely kids acting out a stereotype. To make a film they will need to apply a twist to it to scare watchers. Because Hollywood depicts the idea of zombies being slow and eating humans and each other does not make the idea fact. Possibly the idea of making a zombie, but nothing else.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
28 days later style "zombies" however, are certainly possible. look at rabies, diseases can definately cause a psychotic "rage" response.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
On the topic of Zombieism....

I remember reading the following thread not too long ago about a wasp that can zombifiy its victims ( the creepy crawly kind of victims )

May have been debunked, but food for thought none the less

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-7-2006 by Grailkeeper]

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Zombies, just like vampires and werewolves, represented many of the things people feared but didn't talk about during the Cold War, where many of these supernatural beings came into popularity on the silver screen.

Zombies in particular represented the fear of lawlessness should something catastrophic bring the two superpowers to war. It was thought that the first targets either side would be gunning for would be the power structure: The government and military. Without either of these, the citizens would be left defenseless and at the hands of lawless mobs and the end result being a situation of survival of the fittest.

Although there are many interesting stories and theories of evil Russian scientists experimenting with reanimation and a zombieification process, but then again, those are all just stories, right?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
if you ask me it would be a stupid as s idea for any government or country or race to unleash a bio chemical weapon.... because as more and more people get infected the people who used it will too eventually get infected and get screwed in the process. not very smart at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
if you ask me it would be a stupid as s idea for any government or country or race to unleash a bio chemical weapon.... because as more and more people get infected the people who used it will too eventually get infected and get screwed in the process. not very smart at all.

I'm sure any Government which released a bio chem weapon would have the antidote at hand/ and or some kind of buffer zone around the virus outbreak. It'd seem quite stupid to release a global virus without something to combat the effect of it..

[edit on 30-7-2006 by Knights]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join