It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dawn Of The Dead Scenario

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well first off,
Hi to everyone here on this amazing website. I haven't posted anything in God knows how long, but Im glad to be back. Very glad.

If any of you know me or remember me, I'm pretty much fixated on the cryptozoology and paranormal field, along with the John Titor things, but thats another story. Anyway, this topic is about the possibilty of a mass disease, basically causing a zombie like effect on the general population, like the Dawn of the Dead movies.

I was just wondering about everyones opinion... with everything going on in the world, with the new advancements in biological weaponry and chemical weapons, how possible would it be for a nation to release a gas or toxin into the air, water, or food supply of another nation, effectively causing a zombie like state to ensue in the general population?

I think its a compelling situation... banding together with the only people in the world you truely do trust, to fight against these "zombies", or what ever you'd like to call them.

Call me delusional, crazy, on marijuana, or an alcoholic. I dont care. I simply believe that this is very possible, and I'd like to know your opinions on this situation. Possible situation id say.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Watch the move "Shaun of the Dead" much more true to life!

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Shaun of the Dead...

But seriously I think the "28 Days Later" scenario is much more realistic - and a real pending disaster, IMO.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hey I'm a big zombie fan too, but I think discussing it here at ATS is a big waste of space, unless you have evidence of actually bio-chem agents that could get the dead up and moving.

One possibility is that nano-tech gets loose and starts infecting humans, using the meat of the living and metabolizing it for an energy source and a transport. Will humans eat humans, no, they will simple jump on each other and vomit gray ooze into each successive victim.

BUT, and I can't stress this enough, zombies are not ATS material.
It is not Cryptozoology, Mythical beast, UFO, Tech, Conspiracy, Medecine, etc, etc.

Maybe you could start something in the colloborative fiction section,
because it is entirely fiction at this point in time.

There are some good zombie themed websites out there.
homepageofthedead is probably tops

right wing blood thirsty racist raptorman forums can be tolerable
if you stay blind to their sickness

a few others who have all covered this material to death, and back again.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I believe this already occured on two occasions, the Presidential Election of 2000 and again in 2004. American Voters became zombified and voted the most corrupt regime in modern History to run the United States.

Humans are 98% water....so i suspect we wil be used for aquiring a source of cheap water....dehumidifying us into a water catchement system, depositing into an Aquifier....whats left would ne mostly organs and skin, organs are high in Cholesterol, skin is mostly elastin...maybe make plastics....industrial needs and money always supercede the humane aspect...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlissfullIgnorance
Call me delusional, crazy, on marijuana, or an alcoholic. I dont care. I simply believe that this is very possible, and I'd like to know your opinions on this situation. Possible situation id say.

Are you delusional, crazy, on marijuana or an alcoholic?

By the way, I believe delusions would fall under crazy, don't you think?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I love zombie films but I also hate them for the practicality of most things that happen in them.

1) How the hell do the dumb people of the world get caught, i mean its like the mummy doesnt move faster than a snail but can catch and eat proffesional athletes.

2) If the dead did rise they wouldnt last very long without food which considering theres normally millions of them compared to about 10 humans really wouldnt work.

3) And what about how fast the planet becomes overrun I mean youll alwasy have the American military (why never in Britain :mad
who lets be honest probably have enough ammo to wipe out every zombie twice will always be overwlemed when a collection of people survive quite happily in say a shopping mall until someone goe sinsane and lets the zombies in or they launch a rescue operation that backfires pretty badly.

There probably much more but I think ive ranted enough for today.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well, when the zombies run like in dawn of the dead,ect, the newer ones, an athlete cant run forever

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon

3) And what about how fast the planet becomes overrun I mean youll alwasy have the American military (why never in Britain :mad
who lets be honest probably have enough ammo to wipe out every zombie twice will always be overwlemed when a collection of people survive quite happily in say a shopping mall until someone goe sinsane and lets the zombies in or they launch a rescue operation that backfires pretty badly.

What do you mean? Britain is quite reasonably included, like the above posters noted: Shaun of the Dead (god, that movie could be seen in 10 minute intervals and still be worth it and crack me up!), and 28 Days Later (why can't I not look away?!) Plus, in "28 Days Later" I think the soldiers in that big mansion-turned-fort were pretty darn scary themselves!

I guess we could just pump massive doses of SSRIs into the drinking water, I mean that'd work, right? I had a friend that was on one for awhile and he was kinda like a zombie - never tried to eat me though.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think people should look into this from a more serious angle.. Could be quite interesting to research.

I'm not particular too educated on the subject, but yes I think it is a credible post. If I understand rightly we have two brains- the normal side which we use on a daily basis and a primitive needs brain (food/ sex/ fighting etc). If we drink alcohol I think our brain uses the primitive brain slightly, hence more fights/ looking out for sex and food binging. If a chemical can be used to somehow completely distance both brains, there may be a possibility such an event could happen.

If this was the case, i'm sure fighting would happen on a regular basis. All sources of food would be eaten with little regard for authority or each other. I do not think it is a primal instinct to physically eat each other, but who knows. Again I do not think the country would turn into anarchy straight away- but fights for food/ women would be understandable.

Anyway enough of the rant- would just like to get back on the tracks!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I guess first we need to establish what exactly a zombie is. Is it just a person that is not self-aware, just a human acting on instinct with no thoughts like an animal? If a zombie is just someone acting atavisticly/primally I doubt that other humans would be the preferred cuisine. It would be far easier, I think, to club a cow over the head and start eating it than to start chowing down on another human who, I think, would object to being eaten.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
you ever heard of flouride m8???..we ARE zombies.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Actually I think the scenario in the movie 12 Monkees is more realistic.

Here's one for you along the same lines.

When people are kicking the idea of time travel around why is biological contamination never mentioned? A disease being introduced from the future or the past that humans have no resistance to could cause what they fear that bird flu might cause.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
ever hear of ebola???

i've read they bleed out of every orifice/cut/needle mark/GUMS.....etc.....

have blister like spots/are very sweaty/pale/have convultions/musclespasms/
and even TRY TO BITE ANYTHING that comes near them

sounds like zombies to me

now if there is an "OUTBREAK" in your town........

you just need to keep away from them for about 2 weeks.......till theyre done...
then burn and bury them

english.pravda.ru...
"the sickness of the “living dead,” "

en.wikipedia.org...
"These often progressed to bloody diarrhea, severe vomiting, and bleeding from the nose, mouth, and rectum. "

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Uhh, it's Pravda, right up there with theonion
... Anyways, like I wrote above what the heck is a zombie defined?! So we've got 1-they are slow, 2-they like to eat human brains 3-they bleed and vomit alot, 4-they have bad breath, 5-they are violent... Am I getting all of this correctly? Other than #2 it sounds like a frat-house!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana
Uhh, it's Pravda, right up there with theonion
... Anyways, like I wrote above what the heck is a zombie defined?! So we've got 1-they are slow, 2-they like to eat human brains 3-they bleed and vomit alot, 4-they have bad breath, 5-they are violent... Am I getting all of this correctly? Other than #2 it sounds like a frat-house!

Well a zombie can't be defined by Hollywood. The term zombie has been adapted for a horrific experience, to scare viewers. I don't for one minute think a zombie would do any of the above.

I don't think it is in our inner primal instincts to eat the flesh of others. Killing another is a different matter, I think killing is a primal instinct (probably opening a can of worms) but look at all the wars/ killings that have occoured throughout history. Many may say we are 'civilised' yet a gigantic percentage of our budgets goes into the killing and deaths of others, are we really that civilised?

If a certain disease/ virus that could turn us into pure and bare instincts, I could see killings, violence, rapes and the like. I used being drunk as an example of our primitive instincts, but if some kind of virus could be manipulated to multiply the effect of drink by say 100% it may be a different matter we are dealing with. I don't see them as being dead, more of the living dead (as in virtually brain dead), having all the physical attributes of modern man, yet pretty much mindless. Basically thinking with no consequence.

Less of the sterotypical zombies and more of a human form.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Knights]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Shaun of the Dead...

But seriously I think the "28 Days Later" scenario is much more realistic - and a real pending disaster, IMO.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Gemwolf]

ya 28 days later was alot better than any of those movies. I also heard 28 weeks later is supposed to come out in 2008.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
There are actual cases of 'zombies' being found. Although these aren't rotting corpses that move as fast as an old lady in a pension cue

They are victims of voodoo majick! A drug can paralyse certain areas of the brain creating a mindless slave.

Several decades later, Wade Davis, a Canadian ethnobotanist, presented a pharmacological case for zombies in two books - The Serpent and the Rainbow (1985) and Passage of Darkness: The Ethnobiology of the Haitian Zombie (1988).

More Here

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
alpha human.....

pravada aint soooo bad

they have the same news as everyone else.........
and most time,, stuff not shown on cnn,fox.........

a foreigners point of view,,, and updated more than cnn

and i was thinking..........

where do you s'pose the tales and legends, come from???
long time ago disease perhaps???

ive read stuff that sounds like a werewolf ( mental) disease too...
and there ARE people who's SKIN BURNS under U.V. rays....
even bright HOUSE LAMPS burn them..........very PALE SKIN (vampyre like)
and people who thrive on iron (metal,dirt,blood,RARE MEAT)
that would suck to have those 2 diseases at the SAME TIME

if i can remember where i found them.....i'll LInk em
but they ARE REAL you just hafto LOOK MORE thAN 1 place.......

do you have LINKS so we can see the SAME INFO that you got???

[edit on 21-7-2006 by yeah right]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeah right

and there ARE people who's SKIN BURNS under U.V. rays....
even bright HOUSE LAMPS burn them..........very PALE SKIN

[edit on 21-7-2006 by yeah right]

You could be thinking of xeroderma pigmentosum
People with XP can't go into sunlight or even have bright lights in their homes because their skin is so sensitive to to light that they sunburn and have a greatly increased risk of skin cancer if exposed to bright lights too many times.

On the zombie subject I think whoever mentioned using something to(virus,drug,whatever) affect the brain to bring out those things that make us into monsters would be on the right path as to a possible zombie scenario..I don't think it would be living dead either..just wacked out humans still living but so crazed they would be like fighting somebody hyped up on PCP.

But it would have to be a permanent effect that doesn't wear off like a drug.

A virus or something contagious would be needed though.

Do I think it's possible? Where there's a will there's a way.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join