It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids signing missiles, what have we come to.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Just got home from work this morning (i work night shift) and opened up the paper to images of Israeli children signing missiles bound for Lebanon. Missiles that just might end up killing other children or nationals from other countries that have nothing to do with the conflict.

www.theadvertiser.news.com.au...

Sorry i have tried to find the pictures but have so far been unable to without purchasing them from the newspaper in question.

What the hell is going on when children are asked to do things like this, how in the world is this cycle of violence ever going to end when the children from both sides are asked to do disgusting things like this.
Now before the apologists attack me for taking sides, yes the palestinians and arabs also teach their children to hate, i am not excusing them from this at all. But this image just completely disgusted me as i was sitting down to breakfast with my own kids, if this is what we have come to then we really deserve everything we get.
There will never be any end to this conflict in the middle east until one side totally anihilates the other as long as this sort of hate is taught by both sides.

Peace (sarcasm mode on)

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I keep telling people this isnt like a Mexico and U.S. border dispute which solves over night. The region is very unstable and has been for many years. We cant just leave it alone and expect to fix itself over night, if we did both sides would be half dead, and in ruins, then no ones going to be fixing anything when both sides have no more citys.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   

NO image could better illustrate hatred. None could better express the differences between two peoples locked in a struggle of life and death.

While the young are so often looked to as the torchbearers of future peace, Israeli children who grow up surrounded by hostile neighbours are encouraged to perpetuate their own country's military resolve.

Yesterday, Israeli girls wrote messages "with love" on shells bound for Lebanon, where there is a tragically strong chance they will kill other children.

**From link above**

No missiles...just shells. With a range of ~20-30miles anything in range of those guns are not going to be women & kids. Maybe 4 days ago but I expect almost every home, in range of these shells, will have been evacuated by now. No these were, most likely, post marked for counter-battery fire. "With Love" indeed. Understand that the ritual of addressing ordnance is a very old tradition; this is nothing neither new nor unique.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I saw the photo referenced previously. Yes, its pretty incredible that a parent would let their kid do that. It was a disturbing picture.

NO image could better illustrate hatred.

Hardly. There are many more pics of palestinian kids dressed up as suicide bombers calling for the death of the evil jooooooos. Both sides are wrong to drag children into this, the palestinians are especially wrong to specifically target kids and civilians.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
There are actually a couple of threads inspired by that picture, this is the oldest
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join