It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Israel cannot be invaded (baseball sized nukes)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is why Iran wants the bomb so bad...they KNOW Israel cannot be defeated with any number of troops or conventionally. Israel and the US are the only countries to currently possess this weapon-at least miniaturized this small. The US really doesnt need it, but im sure we developed it. It is perfect for Israel given its proximity to hostile forces:

Neutron bombs are also much cleaner than conventional nukes. A neutron blast only kills living things, leaving all buildings and weapons intact. It is the ultimate weapon to use against massed troops and armor, as all the enemies die instantly, no structures or vehicles are damaged, and, most importantly, no radioactive fallout is left behind. Unlike fission or fusion nukes, neutron bombsites are safe to walk into immediately after the explosion. Neutron technology has been developed to such a level that these devices can be produced in as small a package as the size of a common baseball! They can be used in field artillery and small rockets, and even soldiers dug in behind several feet of earth are not safe from a neutron blast.

The neutron bomb is another generation beyond a thermonuclear device. It has the same core of a fusion bomb, but the blanket of heavy U-238 isotopes is removed, so only the energy released from the fusion core comprises the total explosive yield. This energy is in the form of a massive flux of neutrons, combined with some gamma radiation. Neutrons are highly lethal to humans and animals, and the N-bomb instantly kills everything in its radius of lethality. Any living creatures that receive non-lethal doses of the neutrons will be dead within a day or two from radiation sickness. Neutron radiation literally vaporizes the soft flesh of humans at close range, and Zechariah’s remarkable prophecy, regardless of what he was really prophesying, is an extraordinary description of the effects of a neutron bomb on human beings.
common baseball

[edit on 18-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Baseball sized nuke? I'd like to see the equation that would make up for the lack of critical mass.

Please try to find some supporting documentation that doesn't involve movies, video games, or Japanese anime.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Neutron bombs do not appear to be as forgiving as you are reporting, according to wikipedia:

These same authorities say that the common perception of the neutron bomb as a "landlord bomb" that would kill people but leave buildings undamaged is greatly overstated. At the conventional effective combat range (690 m), the blast from a 1 kt neutron bomb will ruin almost any civilian building. Thus the use of neutron bombs to stop an enemy attack, which requires exploding large numbers of them to blanket the enemy forces, would also destroy all buildings in the area.

Most forces would not recieve an immediate lethal dose of radiation either, it would take up to 7 days for the damage to be done, and at that point, may as well fight to the death! Not very good for stopping a battle in its tracks.

Wikipedia Reference

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Speedtek]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Why wouldn't the US have it? We are the ones who invented it, not Israel.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

The man who invented it.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Who said the US doesnt have it?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Who said the US doesnt have it?

I misread the first post, I thought he said Israel had it, but he doesn't know if the US has it, I don't know why.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Some info for ya:

Neutron bombs, also called enhanced radiation bombs (ER weapons), are small thermonuclear weapons in which the burst of neutrons generated by the fusion reaction is intentionally not absorbed inside the weapon, but allowed to escape. The X-ray mirrors and shell of the weapon are made of chromium or nickel so that the neutrons are permitted to escape. Contrast this with cobalt bombs, also known as salted bombs.

This intense burst of high-energy neutrons is the principal destructive mechanism.

The term "enhanced radiation" refers only to the burst of ionizing radiation released at the moment of detonation, not to any enhancement of residual radiation in fallout.

A neutron bomb requires considerable amounts of tritium, which has a half-life of 12.3 years. The neutron bombs that existed in the United States arsenal in the past were variants of the W70 and the W79 designs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
In my first post i said the US doesnt really need it not that we dont have it.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by princeofpeace]

new topics

top topics

join