It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trucks delivering rockets to Hezbollah from Syria destroyed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...

According to the IDF, they belonged to the Syrian army.

The twists keep on coming.

Syria is damn lucky that Israel hasn't bombed them already. It seems Israel is trying to keep this confined to Hez and Hamas. Syria is asking for it,

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yep...Syria is definitely asking for it and has been. If Israel hasnt hit them yet then i doubt they will...at least in this particular crisis. Israel is choking off Hezbollah from the outside and when its done completely it will be over.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If I may quote ThePieMaN, from another thread:

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
This one from BBC with eyewitnesses claiming it was a supply truck laden with goods, and 2 innocent civilians were killed.

The news from up ahead is that the Israelis have bombed a lorry heading up the mountain, said to be suspected of carrying missiles which Hezbollah guerrillas are regularly firing at cities deep inside Israel.

The lorry was in fact carrying civilian goods - so perhaps it's Israel's way of keeping all westbound freight off these roads.

News reports said the driver was killed and his colleague managed to jump free from the vehicle

Source BBC

(Thanks PieMaN)

There appear to be conflicting reports. I think I'll chose to believe the BBC on this matter. Israel are full of #.

Thank you. Good Night.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger

(Thanks PieMaN)

There appear to be conflicting reports. I think I'll chose to believe the BBC on this matter. Israel are full of it.

Thank you. Good Night.

No problemo. Wow they seem intent on involving Iran and Syria for some reason. Have you noticed that lately? For some reason they want Americans involved.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Wow they seem intent on involving Iran and Syria for some reason. Have you noticed that lately?

I certainly have. There is some legitimacy to their claims, as it's well known that Iran/Syria do openly give funding and support to Hezbollah, but Israel twist things about, badly. Your post I quoted here from another thread is a perfect example of this. They would never need to do things like that in the first place if they are as benevolent as they say they are, but, alas, they are not.

For some reason they want Americans involved.

It would be a Battle on many fronts for Israel if Iran and Syria become involved. They are already fighting at both ends of their borders, and beyond. Israel need America, and America seem only to happy to help.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Communication_Burger]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Syria is damn lucky that Israel hasn't bombed them already. It seems Israel is trying to keep this confined to Hez and Hamas. Syria is asking for it,

Prince Hassan Of Jordan said on Monday Night on BBC2's Newsnight that rumours were circulating Israel had given Syria 72 hours until Israel started targetting Syrian targets.

Israel have denied they will attack Syria, but interestingly, have not said the same about Iran.

Syria and Iran backs Hezbollah, the US backs Israel.

Syria and Iran provide weaponry to Hezbollah, the US provides weaponry to Israel....if both sides stopped rather than just one side....that would be helping to try to keep the peace and stop the arms supply.

Oh by the way, your Julius Caesar quote is false. Snopes is your best friend.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Question, can Syria now claim that Israel has "Attacked their troops?", It's a little farfetched i know. But it just seems like the scapegoat Syria needs to get more involved in the war.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mammoth
Question, can Syria now claim that Israel has "Attacked their troops?",

Not unless Israel attack Syria, because remember there are not supposed to be Syrian troops in Lebanon.

There are Syrians who live and work in Lebanon though.

Originally posted by Mammoth
It's a little farfetched i know. But it just seems like the scapegoat Syria needs to get more involved in the war.

Syria are keeping their heads down, it's their ambassador to the US who does all the speaking for them at the moment.

Assad is politically weak....he might do something, to garner support....but my guess is he fears a military coup if it goes badly for him.

Perhaps he is waiting for an Israeli attack, to solidify support behind him.

Ahmadinejad is giving him support, to try to give Assad confidence.

We'll just have to wait and see.

new topics

top topics

join