It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA To Israel: You Have One More Week To Blast Hizbollah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Discuss.

I disagree. Israel should go after them until they get their soldiers back. I hope they refuse to halt attacks unless they get their men. Nothing more, nothing less.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Cutwolf]

All caps removed from title

[edit on 7-18-2006 by worldwatcher]

GSA

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i cannot see that happening at any rate.

How can the USA say how long the war should last? like Israel said how long they can be in the war on terror?? No they should let israel do what needs to be doen to protect their nation - If that means a buffer zone in southern lebanon so be it

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Apologies for the caps. I C&P'd from Drudge.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think the US is telling them that once an international force is deployed then it will have to be over or Israel risks taking on the UN and thus the entire world. So i guess in effect, Israel has a deadline to operate under.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well in a recent turn of events I have to disagree with you guys. Apparently the soldiers captured were NOT in israeli terroritory but in lebanese terroritory. This is the reason that the vehicles and soldiers that were attacked have no been retrieved, because they were not in Israel.

So no now I am fully against israel on this one.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The quote was:

The sources said the Israeli soldiers had been seized at around 9 a.m. (0600 GMT) across the border from Aita al-Shaab, some 15 km (nine miles) from the Mediterranean coast.

Across the border from Aita al-Shaab.

Aita al-shaab is in LEBANON.

Across the border therefore means ISRAEL.

Therefore, based on the wording used in that quote, they were in Israel.

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Cutwolf]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Exactly...they were IN Israel...how many times are folks gonna keep disputing this? * snip *

Please review the Terms and Conditions
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/18/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The Israeli army confirmed that two soldiers were captured and eight killed on the Lebanese frontier.

so that means?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

To them, it is legitimate self-defense. They back this argument by saying that Israel still controls the Sheba Farms, which are part of Lebanon, and still has Lebanese prisoners in Israeli jails. Also, they add that the Israeli tank destroyed by Hezbollah, and the soldiers captured and killed on July 12, had trespassed into Lebanon's side of the border with Israel.

www.atimes.com...

o so thats why its self defense? Because they still controlled that part of lebanon thus self defense? no, aint going to cut it.

new topics

top topics

join