It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whose side are you on?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz

You are 100% correct isolationism is the worst, if we just minded our own business and say there was a massive evil entity across the ocean making a crazy big force that will invade us soon, that just won a war with the good guys over there... type of deal, we dont want another gangus kang here. When evil gets moving it gets moving just look at what happen in Germany in 1933-1939. They were fighting a war on three fronts (four if you count subs and sea warfare, and five if you count spy and intel), and almost thock over the world but we broke out of our isolationist ways and went from 50% support with just goods and army stuff to 100000% effort in stoping the evil from spreading (hence japan to).

Well even though i do agree with you on this that isolationism can be wrong, the American masses were tricked into WW2. At the time people did not know that its government had cut off the oil supply to japan, making the pearl harbour attack seem like it was unprovoked attack. When in reality America declared economic war on japan befor that. I believe intervention should only be used in times of crisis, but isolationism at all other times. So as to say wars like korea, vietnam and iraq would not of happend.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I would like a world where problems are talked through sanely and rationally. I want a world where the "war presidents/rulers" don't get a chance to come to power, but are able to fight, say, as a last resort, if war cannot be avoided.

I do not support war unless it is necessary. I don't know what is going on in the world these days, but there seems to be a hand full of people stirring up a lot of sh*t. I'd say the majority of people just want to go on living normal lives without the threat of war. We've got other things to do, we've got cookouts to go to, friends to make, kids to raise, and so on. We want to see tomorrow!

We need to be on the side that gets us out of this mess.

Troy

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Someone with courage to stand up and say enough is enough. He says he will be attacked by his fellow Israelis, and knowing how some of them are, they surely will. I know there are many people who have signed this 'Courage To Refuse' list in the past. These are the people that promote peace instead of violence. Even he asserts that there is deception involved.

Fighting in Lebanon produces first conscientious objector

By Lily Galili, Haaretz Correspondent

The Lebanon 2006 war has produced its first conscientious objector - Staff Sergeant Itzik Shabbat, a 28-year-old TV producer. He refused to comply with an emergency order (Tsav 8) to report Tuesday for reserve duty in the territories in order to free forces in the standing army for the war in Lebanon.

Shabbat, a resident of Sderot, had not yet decided last night whether he would go to his reserve unit Wednesday and announce there that he was refusing to do reserve duty or whether he would not report at all and be considered absent.

"I know people will attack me and ask how could I not take part in this war when Qassams are falling on my hometown and Katyushas on the towns in the north," he told Haaretz. "In my opinion, only this type of opposition that I've chosen will put an end to the madness that is going on now and will shatter the false feeling that the entire home front supports this unnecessary war that is based on deceptive considerations

Source

That is nice and all that he does not want to kill people, they should put him in a support position. Apeasement has been known to work wonders for peace.. like WWII for example.. yeah that ended well.. You should remember our enemy is not exactly "Civilized" and they do not follow the rules. This says nothing about this war, just one or so men who dont want to give up their cushy tv producing jobs and his lively hood to go fight along his country men.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Worldwatcher, Wang
Thank you, I agree.
I see war between neighbors on our tiny dead end road, I see stupid racial disagreements because people descend from different countries 100 years ago!!!
I see harassment because of the "wrong" type of vehicle.
I am amazed.
We have real poverty out side our door, but my neighbors are concerned about how tall the grass is.
I too take sides with those who have nothing, in my own society. My prayers go to those far off.
But here I can make a difference. We have wars going on in our midst. And I can't stand it. We need to come to an agreement among each other, not just among the Super Powers.
I do take sides. I can not justify a Hollocaust of people "Who never had a chance"
Just my Female Five Cents.
WIS

[edit on 18-7-2006 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I really hate to see children involved as victims sor particpants on eeither side. However, since the originator of this thread requested that a choice be made, I choose the side of the kids writing on the tank rounds over the kid throwing the grenade.

Writing is a lot less violent then throwing grenades.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I am definitely 100% with Israel. It's rightfully their land and it's a tiny country. Those muslims have more than enough land without Israel. The muslims just hate the jews and want them destroyed. Israel's only trying to defend itself. Don't forget it's only muslims who use the cowardly weapon of suicide bombing. And Israel threatening Lebanon is justified considering Lebanon kidnapped their soldiers. Israel now refuses any talks unless the soldiers are returned. I say good for them. If their soldiers aren't returned or are even dead by now (I sure hate to think of what they could possibly be going through right now at the hands of Arabs) I hope Israel issues a full blown attack on them.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
I am definitely 100% with Israel. It's rightfully their land and it's a tiny country. Those muslims have more than enough land without Israel. The muslims just hate the jews and want them destroyed. Israel's only trying to defend itself.

What kind of ridiculous statement is that? Muslims have enough land?OGoing by your point of view then, jews are all over the world! How does that grab ya? Are you serious? wow. Totally inane remark.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What would you expect from a proud canadan!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I am definitely 100% with Israel. It's rightfully their land and it's a tiny country. Those muslims have more than enough land without Israel. The muslims just hate the jews and want them destroyed. Israel's only trying to defend itself. Don't forget it's only muslims who use the cowardly weapon of suicide bombing. And Israel threatening Lebanon is justified considering Lebanon kidnapped their soldiers. Israel now refuses any talks unless the soldiers are returned. I say good for them. If their soldiers aren't returned or are even dead by now (I sure hate to think of what they could possibly be going through right now at the hands of Arabs) I hope Israel issues a full blown attack on them.

I will dissect the other parts of what they said.
"Dont forget that muslims in that area are very poor, and the use suicide bombing as a last resort, since they have very little convential weapons, and Israel has been giving its miltary by the U.S. if things were opposite way around, im sure the jews would resort to the same tactics."
"Israel threatening lebanon is not justified since it was hezabolla (however ya spell it) that surposedly kidnapped the israeli soldiers and not the lebanese government. How do you even know the soldiers were kidnapped? Only by the acqusation of the Isreali government, it has not been proving without doubt that the soldiers were kidnapped by HAMAS or Hezbolla (again what ever)."
"So now since israeli soldiers are kidnapped you condone war on all of the arab nations, but when arab militant groups do kill innocents via suicide bombings, like the past few years, i havent heard any calls for all out war"
"Also you want all out war by israel, so you condone the killing of thousand of innocents by israel if full war does become reality just because of one gorups of people's actions, if you do, I depise you."

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Actually many Canadians are voicing their displeasure over the Canadian PM's siding with Israel. Especially after the Israelis murdered 4 of your fellow countrymen.
That poor family..was very sad.

Pie

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Actually many Canadians are voicing their displeasure over the Canadian PM's siding with Israel. Especially after the Israelis murdered 4 of your fellow countrymen.
That poor family..was very sad.
Pie

Oh yeh huh, I totaly forgot about that, I shouldnt be so sarcastic then, I am sorry. I still think this entire thing is staged by the globalist, and the leaders in isreal are being controled, I wouldnt go with DBS on this though, its all the zionist fault, no one nation can do as much as they claim.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang

I will dissect the other parts of what they said.
"Dont forget that muslims in that area are very poor, and the use suicide bombing as a last resort, since they have very little convential weapons, and Israel has been giving its miltary by the U.S. if things were opposite way around, im sure the jews would resort to the same tactics."
"Israel threatening lebanon is not justified since it was hezabolla (however ya spell it) that surposedly kidnapped the israeli soldiers and not the lebanese government. How do you even know the soldiers were kidnapped? Only by the acqusation of the Isreali government, it has not been proving without doubt that the soldiers were kidnapped by HAMAS or Hezbolla (again what ever)."
"So now since israeli soldiers are kidnapped you condone war on all of the arab nations, but when arab militant groups do kill innocents via suicide bombings, like the past few years, i havent heard any calls for all out war"
"Also you want all out war by israel, so you condone the killing of thousand of innocents by israel if full war does become reality just because of one gorups of people's actions, if you do, I depise you."

I couldn't really care less if you despise me.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm on the side that wants everyone to put down their weapons and think.

I'm on the side that wants the leaders of this world to stop pointing fingers and making snide, underhanded remarks in the media and sit down and listen to each other-all sides of the arguement.

This isn't about who is right and who is wrong-not one side will concede to defeat, they all need to come to an agreement. It's not a black and white issue.

I believe there is a solution to peace, we just haven't found it yet because our leaders would rather hear themselves talk than come up with ideas and be willing to make compromises. It's s complex problem and there is no easy answer. Weapons, war and killing innocent civilians is easy. It's not the answer.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

What kindof comeback was that?! Seriously, the best thing you can do is pick on my ATS username? Ok yes our Prime Minister supports Israel and I'm sure glad he does. My respect for him went up a lot when I found out he did.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I am definitely 100% with Israel. It's rightfully their land and it's a tiny country. Those muslims have more than enough land without Israel. The muslims just hate the jews and want them destroyed. Israel's only trying to defend itself.

What kind of ridiculous statement is that? Muslims have enough land?OGoing by your point of view then, jews are all over the world! How does that grab ya? Are you serious? wow. Totally inane remark.

Really? Look at all the land the muslims have compared to Israel. Look how small it is compared to its surrounding neighbors. Have you ever even seen Israel and the surrounding countries on a map before?

edition.cnn.com...
Map of Middleast

[edit on 19-7-2006 by ProudCanadian]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The only side anyone should be on is the winning side. Those palestinian kids with grenades look like they don't stand much of a chance against those signed yehudi tank rounds.

And, of course, the palestinian weapons will be aimed at civilians and children, while the yehudi ones will be aimed at the people trying to kill the civilians.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
There are actually a couple of threads inspired by that picture, this is the oldest
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join