It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel may send ground troops into Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
"JERUSALEM - Israel declared Tuesday it was ready to fight Hezbollah guerrillas for several more weeks and possibly send ground forces into Lebanon"

On first thought this sound like expansions, but i think it will be more like small squads converging on terrorists locations to remove the threat.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It is me or I just seen the same repetition as what the US did when invaded Iraq . . .

Making Iraq a ground to fight Al-qaida terrorist in Iraqi land. . . bringing terrorist groups and keeping the war on terror on Iraqi lands.

It seems to me that if Israel invades Lebanon the same will happen . . . without thinking about the Lebanese people that has not tie with hezbollah they will make it a battleground to fight Syrian and Iranian fighters.

Is that the right think to do?

Destroying nations in the name of war on terror?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Real issue is what would Syria and Iran do during those weeks, they might start to get paranoid and think they will be invaded soon, so they might launch a pre-emptive strike? 50% of lebanons inferstructure is already destroyed...

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Israel needs to fight the terrorists somewhere.. Better there than in Israel. The real tragidy is the Lebanesse people but it is my belief that life for the Lebanesse people will improve when Hezbollah is removed. After all Hezbollah are the one who are using Lebanesse cicilians as human sheilds. A ground invasion, even with just special ops would be the only way to root out these violent terrorists.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickmyers32USA
Israel needs to fight the terrorists somewhere.. Better there than in Israel. The real tragidy is the Lebanesse people but it is my belief that life for the Lebanesse people will improve when Hezbollah is removed. After all Hezbollah are the one who are using Lebanesse cicilians as human sheilds. A ground invasion, even with just special ops would be the only way to root out these violent terrorists.

If people don't like it now, they will like it a whole lot less when and if tropps go in on the ground!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
They just did..about 30 minutes ago.....

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   

join