It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR" In Middle East: Its not what we've been told.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
www.halturnershow.com...

THE EVENTS TAKING PLACE IN ISRAEL, THE GAZA STRIP, THE WEST BANK, SYRIA AND LEBANON HAVE ALL BEEN CAREFULLY PLANNED - BY ISRAEL - TO ACHIEVE ISRAELI GOALS

We all know the old adage "The first casualty of war is the truth." Never has it been more clear than with the present hostilities happening in the Middle East.

The main stream media would have us believe that Israel has been the victim of rocket attacks and kidnapped solders for which they are acting militarily. Sadly, that is not the truth.

First, a little recap of recent history:

In January, 2006 the Palestinian people elected members of HAMAS to political office. This did not sit well with the Israeli government or its U.S. puppet. George W. Bush frequently told America that we toppled Saddam Hussein to install a democracy. Yet when the Palestinian people utilized their democracy to elect HAMAS, Bush began acting against them! The hypocrisy is rank. Still, HAMAS extended the hand of peace to Israel. They did so in writing. Khalid Mish'al is head of the political bureau of Hamas.

Instead of talking with HAMAS, Israel began talking to everyone else about getting rid of HAMAS. So intent was Israel to ignore the lawfully elected Palestinian government, that less than sixty days after the election, while the HAMAS government was still brand new and getting a feel for what to do, Israel launched an overt military action of a most foul nature.

And lets not forget...

Here in America when someone is kidnapped, we call the police. The FBI. In fact, that's generally what happens in every civilized nation on earth. Not Israel.

Israel went berserk! They launched a major military offensive, sending troops, tanks and armored personnel carriers into GAZA. They attacked people and buildings. The Israeli Air Force bombed Palestinian government buildings. The Israelis even arrested dozens of elected officials!

On what charges? No one knows.

the next time you hear an Israeli or one of their defenders say '"Israel has
a right to defend itself" remember, so does everyone else.

All is not what it appears to be.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I guess the fear of being blown up, at any given time or day, at your favorite pizza place had nothing to do with this?
Willfully withdrawing from disputed territory, to hopefully end the suicide bombings. Then STILL getting bombed, had nothing to do with it?

It's self defense, pure and simple.

Puppets....only the US can have puppets, is that correct.
I'm sure IRAN has no puppets anywhere in the region..
I believe IRAN was the instigator of this, expecting no retaliation..
They were wrong this time.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
dgtempe seems to be starting a new thread on this and related subjects at the rate of several times a day. The result is always the same. She gets several people to agree with her and then the debunking starts. Once her source article or 'gut feeling' has been thoroughly cut to pieces, she just moves on to start another similar thread - ignoring what has previously been written. Logic and reason matters not with this one.

[edit on 7/18/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
www.halturnershow.com...

THE EVENTS TAKING PLACE IN ISRAEL, THE GAZA STRIP, THE WEST BANK, SYRIA AND LEBANON HAVE ALL BEEN CAREFULLY PLANNED - BY ISRAEL - TO ACHIEVE ISRAELI GOALS

We all know the old adage "The first casualty of war is the truth." Never has it been more clear than with the present hostilities happening in the Middle East.

The main stream media would have us believe that Israel has been the victim of rocket attacks and kidnapped solders for which they are acting militarily. Sadly, that is not the truth.

First, a little recap of recent history:

In January, 2006 the Palestinian people elected members of HAMAS to political office. This did not sit well with the Israeli government or its U.S. puppet. George W. Bush frequently told America that we toppled Saddam Hussein to install a democracy. Yet when the Palestinian people utilized their democracy to elect HAMAS, Bush began acting against them! The hypocrisy is rank. Still, HAMAS extended the hand of peace to Israel. They did so in writing. Khalid Mish'al is head of the political bureau of Hamas.

Before cheering for this new democracy, on has to remember that real democracies have civil liberties, and don't allow parties that preach racial hate and such. Hamas promis to instill islamic law, and the destruction of Israel. Their charter quotes from 'The Elders of Zion'. At the same time they were asking the world to treat them like every democratically elected govenment, they were digging the tunnel under the boarder to attack the Israeli post and kidnap the soldier (digging took about a month).
In any real democracy such a party wouldn't be alowed to register.

Instead of talking with HAMAS, Israel began talking to everyone else about getting rid of HAMAS. So intent was Israel to ignore the lawfully elected Palestinian government, that less than sixty days after the election, while the HAMAS government was still brand new and getting a feel for what to do, Israel launched an overt military action of a most foul nature.

This is not true. "getting a feel for what to do" - They were digging the tannel, they were planning the attack. Need I mention Israel didn't attack untill the kidnapping?
Another thing they were doing "less than sixty days after the election" was launching rockets into Israeli towns and cities. 800(!) rockets. Still Isreal didn't retaliated because it didn't wan't to go back to Gaza. But enough is enough.

Here in America when someone is kidnapped, we call the police. The FBI. In fact, that's generally what happens in every civilized nation on earth. Not Israel.

Not if he is kidnapped by terorrists and taked abroad.

Israel went berserk! They launched a major military offensive, sending troops, tanks and armored personnel carriers into GAZA. They attacked people and buildings. The Israeli Air Force bombed Palestinian government buildings. The Israelis even arrested dozens of elected officials!
On what charges? No one knows.

On charges of terrorism. The Israeli Air Force bombed Palestinian government buildings, because it was the Palestinian government that attacked. If the terror organization is elected and forms a government, and continues with terrorism, then the elected officials are still terrorists, although elected ones.

the next time you hear an Israeli or one of their defenders say '"Israel has
a right to defend itself" remember, so does everyone else.

But not to attack, which is what the HAMAS government did.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parmenides

At the same time they were asking the world to treat them like every democratically elected govenment, they were digging the tunnel under the boarder to attack the Israeli post and kidnap the soldier (digging took about a month).

Even by Israels own admission they claim there are hundreds of tunnels all over the place. Whos fault is that, that people need to tunnel just to get someplace without being harrassed by checkpoint guards when you want to get to your fields at harvest time. I doubt this was planned for a month and if it was I'd really like to see proof of that.
In any real democracy you won't see routine bombardments,tanks patrolling and razing of houses either.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Could these conflicting reports be the same? One obviously sounding more sinister in nature then the other?

This one from the IAF

Last update - 23:50 18/07/2006

IAF destroys 2 Hezbollah-bound trucks from Syria carrying arms

By Amos Harel, Haaretz Correspondent, and Reuters

Israel Air Force fighter jets destroyed two Hezbollah-bound trucks carrying weapons and ammunition. The trucks were attacked while driving through Lebanon's Bekaa section after having crossed the border from Syria.

The Israel Defense Forces said Tuesday that Hezbollah was smuggling weapons from Syria but added it did not regard Syria as a target for attack.

"In the last few days, the smuggling of weapons from Syria to Lebanon has continued," Major-General Gadi Eizenkot of the Israeli army command told a news conference.

Source Haaretz

This one from BBC with eyewitnesses claiming it was a supply truck laden with goods, and 2 innocent civilians were killed.

The news from up ahead is that the Israelis have bombed a lorry heading up the mountain, said to be suspected of carrying missiles which Hezbollah guerrillas are regularly firing at cities deep inside Israel.

The lorry was in fact carrying civilian goods - so perhaps it's Israel's way of keeping all westbound freight off these roads.

News reports said the driver was killed and his colleague managed to jump free from the vehicle

Source BBC

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

At the same time they were asking the world to treat them like every democratically elected govenment, they were digging the tunnel under the boarder to attack the Israeli post and kidnap the soldier (digging took about a month).

Even by Israels own admission they claim there are hundreds of tunnels all over the place. Whos fault is that, that people need to tunnel just to get someplace without being harrassed by checkpoint guards when you want to get to your fields at harvest time. I doubt this was planned for a month and if it was I'd really like to see proof of that.
In any real democracy you won't see routine bombardments,tanks patrolling and razing of houses either.

There were tunnels under the egyptian-palestinian boarder. Not the Israeli border. They were used to smuggle arms. People are not allowd to go someplace without being harrassed by checkpoint guards if they go across the boarder to another country and bring weapons.
No one in gaza ever used a tunnel to get to their fields at harvest time. Why would they, if THERE WERE NO ISRAELI SOLDIERS IN GAZA FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS. No tanks patrolling and razing of houses either.
Not that it matters. Suppose you have a tunnel, is it OK to go through it to harvest someone else's field in another country? Or to attack border guards and kidnap one?

And lastly, "In any real democracy you won't see routine bombardments" of handreds of rockets to another country's cities. More HAMAS sponsered attacks that went on for months with minimal retaliation.

I'm sorry I can't find a link, as I manage to go back only to the 1st of July on CNN.com and I need a few days earlier. I'll appreciate help.
However, consider that the tunnel was 800 meters long, and was dug quitely so as not to arouse suspicion.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry I can't find a link, as I manage to go back only to the 1st of July on CNN.com and I need a few days earlier. I'll appreciate help.
However, consider that the tunnel was 800 meters long, and was dug quitely so as not to arouse suspicion.

I'm sorry i've read to the contrary that there are tunnels everywhere. Not just the border between Egypt and Gaza.

This is from an article.Its not the one from a few weeks ago that mentioned hundreds of tunnels that were used in the past that were unknown. It just mentiones the fact that people are worried about tunnels and thats not on the Egyptian border. Is there a way they can tell how old a tunnel is?

But the big problem now is the tunnels. Ilan Regev, the economy coordinator for the kibbutz, discovered that a slight miscalculation of the angle of digging could put a tunnel opening directly beneath the kibbutz dining room. What a strange situation: City residents worry about terror attacks on the ground, Sderot residents worry about Qassam rockets from above, and in Kerem Shalom they worry about tunnels from below.

Tunnels

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Wrong thread, sorry!

[edit on 18-7-2006 by Communication_Burger]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

I'm sorry i've read to the contrary that there are tunnels everywhere. Not just the border between Egypt and Gaza.

This is from an article.Its not the one from a few weeks ago that mentioned hundreds of tunnels that were used in the past that were unknown. It just mentiones the fact that people are worried about tunnels and thats not on the Egyptian border. Is there a way they can tell how old a tunnel is?

But the big problem now is the tunnels. Ilan Regev, the economy coordinator for the kibbutz, discovered that a slight miscalculation of the angle of digging could put a tunnel opening directly beneath the kibbutz dining room. What a strange situation: City residents worry about terror attacks on the ground, Sderot residents worry about Qassam rockets from above, and in Kerem Shalom they worry about tunnels from below.

Tunnels

This was written after the attack. There were no previously known tunnels there, but after it they got worried.
The HAMAS taped on camera the prosses of digging this tunnel for propaganda, and aired it on Palestinian TV with explenations. That's how it was known how long it was dug. Still, I got no link...

GSA

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Israel gets the suicide bombers, all the bleating hearts say nothing. israel gets hit by rockets all the bleating hearts stay silent.

israel acts in self defence, wow listen to all of them bleat!!!

They have a right to self defence pure and simple. They have a right to live free from fear - if the arabs are so stupid as to self detonate in clubs and bars, so stupid to launch rockets into israel AFTER having their terms agreed to, they deserve what they get.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You mean bleeding heart? What is a bleating heart?

new topics

top topics

join