It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel attacked Syrian truck Convoy???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I just heard on the local news (Global Television) station a report that a Syrian truck convoy that was supplying Hezbollah with arms was attacked by Israel.I can't find any other news sources on this.Can anyone add to this?? If it is true,then we are looking at an escalation to this war!!! God help us all!!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yeah it happened, but it happened inside Lebanon. This is no different than the rockets being made in Iran. There won't be an escalation until Israel makes a ground incursion inside Lebanon.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
They specifically waited untill the truck was inside Lebanon to bomb it.. so it looks like Israel is being "cautious".

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shroomery
They specifically waited untill the truck was inside Lebanon to bomb it.. so it looks like Israel is being "cautious".

ERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel's army said on Tuesday the Lebanese guerrilla group Hizbollah was smuggling weapons from Syria but added it did not regard Syria as a target for attack.

"In the last few days, the smuggling of weapons from Syria to Lebanon has continued," Major-General Gadi Eisenkot of the Israeli army command told a news conference.

"We don't see Syria or the Lebanese army as a target but at the same time we see the smuggling of weapons from Syria to Lebanon to be used in attacks against Israeli civilians."

Eisenkot said several trucks carrying weapons that had entered Lebanon from Syria had been destroyed by Israeli air craft on Lebanese territory.

The Israeli army has said it was a Syrian rocket that killed eight Israelis in the northern city of Haifa on Sunday. Hizbollah claimed responsibility for that attack.

Link

Yep they waited until the arms were entered into Lebanon before destroying it. The Israelis are after Hezbollah right now, and they pretty much don't want to fight Syria and spread the war a little wider.

[edit: fixed link]

[edit on 7/19/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
They were not carrying weapons for Hizbollah.

"the lorries was transporting medicine from the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Another had been carrying vegetable oil, which spilled over the road, a third had a cargo of provisions"

Anatolia; www.anatolia.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele

"the lorries was transporting medicine from the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Another had been carrying vegetable oil, which spilled over the road, a third had a cargo of provisions"

LOL

This post immediately brought back memories of "Bahgdad Bob" making claims that the US had not destroyed a suspected WMD site, but in fact had blown up a 'baby milk factory' instead". ZOMG too funny.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Even worse,

My local news (belgian VRT news) just reported (from a correspondent live in Beirut) that Isreal has attacked several evacuee-routes (bridges, roads and Motorways) , making thousands of people who want to flee from the region trapped there.

And some people dare call this a "defensive action" by Isreal...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros

LOL

This post immediately brought back memories of "Bahgdad Bob" making claims that the US had not destroyed a suspected WMD site, but in fact had blown up a 'baby milk factory' instead". ZOMG too funny.

yes, exactly my thoughts. How conviniet...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

O yes, yet another "Baby milk factory" story. No wonder Israel never wins when they keep wasting their weapons on ambulances and farm trucks.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
Even worse,

My local news (belgian VRT news) just reported (from a correspondent live in Beirut) that Isreal has attacked several evacuee-routes (bridges, roads and Motorways) , making thousands of people who want to flee from the region trapped there.

And some people dare call this a "defensive action" by Isreal...

yet more conviniences....

This is old news. They are bombing 'escape' routes because they are actually being used to bring in weapons.

Why would the Israeli's do this? Do they wan't to kill as many lebanese civilians as possible? No. If they did, wouldn't they know that the Media and the rest of the world wouldn't look down on this kindly. Of course they know.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

O yes, yet another "Baby milk factory" story. No wonder Israel never wins when they keep wasting their weapons on ambulances and farm trucks.

I love how they put it down in English too! LMAO

Looks like it was hand written 10mins after the explosion

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The news from up ahead is that the Israelis have bombed a lorry heading up the mountain, said to be suspected of carrying missiles which Hezbollah guerrillas are regularly firing at cities deep inside Israel.

The lorry was in fact carrying civilian goods - so perhaps it's Israel's way of keeping all westbound freight off these roads.

News reports said the driver was killed and his colleague managed to jump free from the vehicle

Source BBC

In regards to the Baby Milk Factory, how do any of you know it wasn't just that? It's been reported by many credible sources that Israel have bombed Civilian Factories that were nothing to do with Hezbollah. Whether this is one of them or not, I don't know. Look at how much Civilian infrastructure, and Civilians Israel have bombed, why the hell would this suprise you?

You people are sick in the head.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
if it was a textiles factory, or a fuel storage depot, it might have more credibility. A baby milk factory? now thats just propganda.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
In regards to the Baby Milk Factory, how do any of you know it wasn't just that?

You obviously didn't read the article at Global Security that I linked to. ( This article) No one is saying that accidents don't happen, but it's amusing to see how they overdo the implications of civilian casualties. It wasn't just a bomb falling on civilians, it was the bombing of a truck filled with seeing eye dogs, wheelchairs, and diapers. The accusations are overkill and obvious to anyone.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You obviously didn't read the article at Global Security that I linked to.

Actually I did. That report is about Iraq, and is nothing to do with this situation at all. What, you expected me to connect the tedious links, and just assume that what happens in Iraq, happens in Lebanon?

LA TIMES

As the crisis deepened this week, Lebanese officials said Israeli bombs hit the nation's largest milk factories, a major food factory and an eagerly awaited aid convoy that was making its way toward Beirut from the United Arab Emirates.

"It's a very serious escalation," Social Affairs Minister Nayla Mouawad said. "We were putting a lot of hope on the milk factories, to get milk for children and elderly people."

dbates
No one is saying that accidents don't happen, but it's amusing to see how they overdo the implications of civilian casualties.

Overdoing the implications of Civilian Casualties?

Yahoo News

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Israel unleashed fierce air strikes on Lebanon on Wednesday, killing 49 civilians and a Hizbollah fighter, as thousands of villagers fled north and more foreigners were evacuated to escape the eight-day-old war.

The Civilian deaths are at around 300 now. All vital roads and civilian infrastrucure except some schools have been destroyed. What the # do you find amusing? I don't give a # what a biased Moderator sais, to be perfectly frank.

dbates
It wasn't just a bomb falling on civilians

Disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by Communication_Burger]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
My point was that this is a common strategy. It doesn't matter if we're talking about Iraq, Iran, or Beirut. Insurgents, militia, or terrorist (whatever you choose to call them) love to play to the media by making over the top statements. Civilians are going to be killed when Hezbollah is firing missiles from houses and schools. Many of the members of Hezbollah don't even wear uniforms, so they get listed as "civilian casualties" when they end up dead.

Look at this picture from a BBC news article about this group.

Notice the lady and some children in the frenzy. If Israel bombed this group the news would be full of stories on how innocent children and women died. This is a common tactic of the Palestinians too. They crowd children around the attackers to make it difficult to engage the enemy. Gee! I wonder how on earth it's possible for the children in this picture to get injured? Maybe....They shouldn't be in the battle. Duh!

I could go on and on showing you cases of ambulances filled with weapons, but back to the story, I'm sure the truck was labeled "Food" or "Medical" but in reality was loaded with ammo for fighting.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by dbates]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

My point was that this is a common strategy. It doesn't matter if we're talking about Iraq, Iran, or Beirut. Insurgents, militia, or terrorist (whatever you choose to call them) love to play to the media by making over the top statements.

I don't care, that is not what has happened here. This was not reported by a militia or 'whatever you chose to call them.' It was reported by Lebanese Officials, and a BBC Reporter who is in Lebanon right now. Read the LA Times article I posted, a lot of Factories have been bombed, are you trying to tell me they were all just disguised Rocket Factories?

Civilians are going to be killed when Hezbollah is firing missiles from houses and schools. Many of the members of Hezbollah don't even wear uniforms, so they get listed as "civilian casualties" when they end up dead.

Can you prove to me where Hezbollah are, and where they are firing from?

Look at this picture from a BBC news article about this group.

It's pretty easy to spot the Militants from the Civilians in this picture. I'm betting they also wear Civilian Clothes. I probably would too, in their position, it's a smart move.

Notice the lady and some children in the frenzy. If Israel bombed this group the news would be full of stories on how innocent children and women died.

What I did notice is how you used a loaded picture, and loaded article. Look at the caption underneath the image: "Hezbollah guerrillas forced Israel to withdraw from Lebanon." Then it shows Civilians celebrating with Hezbollah, holding up banners, and flags. Your methods are subtle, but still easily detected, dbates.

This is a common tactic of the Palestinians too. They crowd children around the attackers to make it difficult to engage the enemy. Gee! I wonder how on earth it's possible for the children in this picture to get injured? Maybe....They shouldn't be in the battle. Duh!

You have much more of a point with this image, but to be perfectly honest, with Israel's advanced Technology, they should see the amount of Children there, and not call in Airstrikes that will kill everyone. Send in some damned Troops or something. You can't go bombing all of those people then turn around and say 'I was aiming for the 1 or two fighters who were amongst them.' It's totaly disproportionate, and ridiculous. 'Let's bomb everyone, to hit those three guys on the muddy bank, with Ak-47's.' Where is that picture even taken?

I could go on and on showing you cases of ambulances filled with weapons, but back to the story, I'm sure the truck was labeled "Food" or "Medical" but in reality was loaded with ammo for fighting.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by dbates]

Look how cut off and stranded most of Lebanon is now. Many people have no clean Water, and no Food. Is it hard to imagine Food and Medical supplies are being shipped in via Truck after all the Airports have been bombed? Hezbollah are armed to the teeth and have plenty of weapons and ammunition stockpiled where the Israeli's will never find them. Do you expect me to believe after all these Years of funding from Iran and Syria they are going to need re-supplies of ammo after 7 days? Give it a rest. Hezbollah have many thousands of rockets left, and probably thousands of crates of ammunition, and rifles.

Please try thinking for yourself, and don't let some pro-Zionist piss-rag of an excuse for a Media outlet think for you.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
dbates, you are a mod, so i see no link to vote you for way above

Due to that, I personally vote you "2" way above points for being clear on what is has been happening insted of beliving any BS muslium lie.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That bottom pic reminded me of the video I have that was released about the staging of fake attacks that the media took for real world news. I forgot which group in Israel did this, but the video footage really makes you think once you see how things are staged. I couldn't believe what I saw, but it all makes sense after you watch it.

Women and children wouldn't be found smiling in an area that is under fire, they would be running away. Most of what I see on tv looks staged when it comes to things like this. It's like there is an award for staging the best video. The media is used to sway public opinion and that it the only thing that I know is certain.

I have to upload the videos I have to youtube or something. You have to watch how they create these propaganda videos as I call them. Totally fake and the media eats them up.

As far as Israel waiting for the convoy to cross into Lebanon, that was smart and they wouldn't plan an attack like that unless there was very good intel. And if it was oil and medice, who was it going to? Maybe it was sent to help Hezbollah, so why not bomb it.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Burger
It's totaly disproportionate,

Disproportionate? Like swapping 3 captured soldiers for several thousand prisoners? Thats disproportionate.

I think I'm going to puke if I hear that word used again in this conflict. It seems to be a media favorite for the moment. Just do a search for this phrase in news stories. I suppose they should count bullets flying overhead and only return fire with the exact number tallied.

Buzzwords plague discussion of the Middle East conflict. For too long the buzzword phrase was the so-called “occupied territories.” But today the new buzzword is “disproportionate response,” meaning that Israel is being admonished to not overreact to an act of war by her enemies.

Today the buzzword crowd seems more concerned about restraining Israel than in defeating the Islamic terrorists

visit source to read the (excellent) full article

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join