It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Serve In WWIII?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I did not spend 2/3 of my life in school so I can pick up a weapon and kill people I don't even know. I will not serve for an interests of some State or some rich or delusional people.

I want to serve humanity with creativity and not with destruction.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

umm, history lesson - the ira bombed the uk many times over many years. it wasnt through retaliation that eventually brought about peace - it was diplomacy and compromise and A LOT of work behind the scenes.

Umm dont you think I know that?, ha someone given me a history lesson when I freakin lived through Tthe troubles both in Ireland and Now Lives in the uk.....

Yeah most of it was in England not where Iilive inthe Uk, does not mean it didnt affect everyone, that was not a full scale war, to what is going on in the middle east.....

And also goes to show Nukes do not work as a deterant. If that was the case the UK would have nuked Ireland long by now..(so nukes sometimes do not act as a deterrant)

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Umm dont you think I know that?, ha someone given me a history lesson when I freakin lived through Tthe troubles both in Ireland and Now Lives in the uk.....

sorry, wasnt meant directly at you, but for those who forgot or never knew. im british myself living overseas soooooooo

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

fresh supply of men will be needed

This is actually false. The majority of the US Army's Active Combat Brigades are not tied down in Iraq, and are open to engaging in war elsewhere. Also, CONSIDERING that the force in Iraq was able to completely defeat the Iraqi military, a regional power, it can also defeat other regional powers, like Syria or Iran. The US doesn't need a huge increase in troops in order to make everything from Syria to Iran into one big zone like Iraq.

GSA

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm up for volunteering if they need medical people.

I think that if people are going to go and fight they need the best medical staff (Doctors / nurses /medics ect) they can get if the ship hits the pan so to speak - traumatic wounds found in a war zone are the ones that need the fastest and best response possible to raise the rate of survival.

On another note, has any one seen those awesome new field dressings the americans are using? they contain shell fish protien which is a super duper effective clotting and anti microbial barrier all rolled into one - Thats how its done - the sooner prompt aid is given the higher survival rates are - COUNT ME IN!

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Being an ex military Soldier once you leave the Army you are retained on a reserve list should you need to be called back. My reserve time expires in October
so i hope World War 3 can hold on until November.

I wouldnt want to fight a war ever again it is the most horrifying place to be. However if my country (U.K.) was attacked i suppose id defend my Queen and Country again

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

fresh supply of men will be needed

This is actually false. The majority of the US Army's Active Combat Brigades are not tied down in Iraq, and are open to engaging in war elsewhere. Also, CONSIDERING that the force in Iraq was able to completely defeat the Iraqi military, a regional power, it can also defeat other regional powers, like Syria or Iran. The US doesn't need a huge increase in troops in order to make everything from Syria to Iran into one big zone like Iraq.

I understand that we do not have our entire military inside Iraq, and the situation I am considering is a war fighting more then one country at once. Iran is bigger then Iraq and a strong military to go with it. I know Syria and Iran can not compete with us, but what if North Korea declares war, or someone else declares war? Or if the entire region rises up against us? Will we have enough troops to maintain the war without suffering large casualities and loosing ground?

Also to those who do not like to consider this a world war, what makes a world war? If you describe a world war as a group of countries invading various other countries, so far Iraq, Afgahnistan, and eventually North Korea, Iran, Seria, Lebanon (don't forget war if we are fighting a war on terror, Israel is fighting a battle in the same war we fight now) then yes, we are fighting a world war.

[edit on 7/18/2006 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Volunteer??? Nope. Nothing like that. They'll go house to house and kick your butt into serving in a World war.

Its not quite a draft either.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If World War were to actually break out I guarantee you that the government would invoke the draft. I wouldn't be eager to go into conscription, but when my number came up I wouldn't run either. In a few weeks I'll start going to school and studying engineering. If possible, I might later try and get into the Airforce Academy, in which case I'd already 'in' anyway.

GSA

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Its no draft, youll get a white feather and called every name under the sun!! (Just like ww2!)

any how if it did fall to ww3, well i'd love to learn how to drive a tank...Challenger II would be superb thank you very much.... lol back to reality i'll stay in the hospital if called to serve (If your country calls, you really should answer, even if you are afraid, because if you dont you'll only regret it later on)

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GSA
Its no draft, youll get a white feather and called every name under the sun!! (Just like ww2!)

any how if it did fall to ww3, well i'd love to learn how to drive a tank...Challenger II would be superb thank you very much.... lol back to reality i'll stay in the hospital if called to serve (If your country calls, you really should answer, even if you are afraid, because if you dont you'll only regret it later on)

I agree you should answer your countries call to arms, I will be joining if need be. I do not think evryone would regret not going to war, I think more would regret going as far as experiencing it, it also depends on what war. People in WWII would have felt regret or quilt for not going to defeat Hitler and save our Eruopean friends, it was a worthy war and a good cause. Wars like Vietnam on the other hand was a war that had no real purpose except to spread our ideology, we became an agressor of imperialistic nature. This war I think will be more like WWII, helping our allies and saving people from evil terrorist (some may think that anyways).

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
As I'm not one to volunteer, and am female, I wouldn't go. No way my dad would speak to me if I went way before he did, and he's not going to volunteer either.

If somehow I was drafted, I wouldn't dodge it.

If enough of us dodge the draft facing a much more militant group than us, it would be too late when they are on our land, killing our children.

Every time we go to war, whether by our choice or not, we are, at that point, in the business of protecting our families. My kids won't die because I thought my political opinion was more important than they are to me.

At the same time, it would be far easier to just nuke the entire area that would fight against us, and let the head of our government be tried for war crimes, after he's out of office. Elect some tree hugging hippie who would apologise his butt off and try to rebuild the war-torn areas...firmly under our thumb.

Not like this is a realisitic possibility.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ok this is the thing i dont get with all this new WW3 is comming.
Ok WW1 came about mainly because of all the treaties between different european countries, and of course the asssination of franz ferdinand. WW2 came about with th rise of facism, and german imperialism ( i dont want to get onto the japs as its very complicated) . Now please tell me how WW3 is going to break out?
Lets say (worst fear of many westerners) that all the arab nations join together to make a large arab nation, crossing from liberia to mecca. All these countries put together are still not able to be able to cause a global conflict. Now lets look at what is happening really today, say Israel do attack Iran and then American troops get involved. It will be a war, not a global conflict, Iran does not have the military to acturly try to invade any country in the middle east, let alone any european country, they only have the capabilities to defend itself, and even their defense is questionable.
Who are the main super powers than could cause a global conflict, mainly russia (who is now a american ally so it will never happen) india (they could cause some global trouble, but still it would be surpresed very quickly) and then there is china. Now China are the only real contenders, but the relations between america and china are at their strongest for along time, both countries depend apon each other for trade. China is not in a economic state or military state where they could take on america, they know this and i highly doubt they would enter into a conflict over Iran.

So please explain to me in WW3, there will be America fighting who?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Ok this is the thing i dont get with all this new WW3 is comming.
Ok WW1 came about mainly because of all the treaties between different european countries, and of course the asssination of franz ferdinand. WW2 came about with th rise of facism, and german imperialism ( i dont want to get onto the japs as its very complicated) . Now please tell me how WW3 is going to break out?
Lets say (worst fear of many westerners) that all the arab nations join together to make a large arab nation, crossing from liberia to mecca. All these countries put together are still not able to be able to cause a global conflict. Now lets look at what is happening really today, say Israel do attack Iran and then American troops get involved. It will be a war, not a global conflict, Iran does not have the military to acturly try to invade any country in the middle east, let alone any european country, they only have the capabilities to defend itself, and even their defense is questionable.
Who are the main super powers than could cause a global conflict, mainly russia (who is now a american ally so it will never happen) india (they could cause some global trouble, but still it would be surpresed very quickly) and then there is china. Now China are the only real contenders, but the relations between america and china are at their strongest for along time, both countries depend apon each other for trade. China is not in a economic state or military state where they could take on america, they know this and i highly doubt they would enter into a conflict over Iran.

So please explain to me in WW3, there will be America fighting who?

WW3 is going to be fought, or IS being fought over resources, oil. It drives our worlds economy and who ever controls it has power. Also we are the agressors in this war, it was never a rule that the ones that start the world wars will loose like germany did twice. Right now America has enemies all over the world, the only problem is no one is powerful enough to actually fight us, so we fight this world war or the "War on terror" and we win all the time.

Whether we will ever be matched I do not know, unless Russia or China attack us or we attack them.. I do not see that happening any time soon.. our relations are not exactly warm and cozy. It is still possible that small countries unite to attack us, you could even look to South America and see how there is dissent towards us.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You are so in wrong in many areas. This conflict could EASILY go worldy. OIL is the main concern. If Iran joins in then so we does the US, then guess who is likely next? China. Do i need to go from there on how this thing could split?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
You are so in wrong in many areas. This conflict could EASILY go worldy. OIL is the main concern. If Iran joins in then so we does the US, then guess who is likely next? China. Do i need to go from there on how this thing could split?

I am wrong or someone else.. because I think me and you are on the same page here?

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
WW3 is going to be fought, or IS being fought over resources, oil. It drives our worlds economy and who ever controls it has power. Also we are the agressors in this war, it was never a rule that the ones that start the world wars will loose like germany did twice. Right now America has enemies all over the world, the only problem is no one is powerful enough to actually fight us, so we fight this world war or the "War on terror" and we win all the time.

Whether we will ever be matched I do not know, unless Russia or China attack us or we attack them.. I do not see that happening any time soon.. our relations are not exactly warm and cozy. It is still possible that small countries unite to attack us, you could even look to South America and see how there is dissent towards us.

I do totaly agree with you on the comment that resources will be the aim of WW3. But still their in no country for the U.S. to fight, we could unite south america, the middle east, and africa. Still the U.S. would completely dominate, yes its forces might be spread thin, but i still would not view that as a world war, and rather american imperilsm. Now the only place in the world which could stand up to the americans is the EU. But then again the EU would side with america if it came to a world war.

Again i say who will this WW3 be between? America vs. Third world nations united?
The point im trying to make is that yes the crisis in the middle east could spread to other countries in the middle east, but i dont see anyway how a world war could break out. Yes america has alot of enemies around the world because of their imperilism, yet none of these countries would be willing to unite with others as they all have their own agenda. WW3, will not happen for some time, yes this conflict at the moment could eventually cause WW3 in another 20 years, but not anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I do totaly agree with you on the comment that resources will be the aim of WW3. But still their in no country for the U.S. to fight, we could unite south america, the middle east, and africa. Still the U.S. would completely dominate, yes its forces might be spread thin, but i still would not view that as a world war, and rather american imperilsm. Now the only place in the world which could stand up to the americans is the EU. But then again the EU would side with america if it came to a world war.

Again i say who will this WW3 be between? America vs. Third world nations united?
The point im trying to make is that yes the crisis in the middle east could spread to other countries in the middle east, but i dont see anyway how a world war could break out. Yes america has alot of enemies around the world because of their imperilism, yet none of these countries would be willing to unite with others as they all have their own agenda. WW3, will not happen for some time, yes this conflict at the moment could eventually cause WW3 in another 20 years, but not anytime soon.

That is a good point, they will not unite in a unified pact to fight us.. but arent we still fighting them? Again we are the agressor, and there may not be anyone to fight us. If we take Iranian oil away from China though, China will suffer because they get alot from Iran, we also control the oil filds off the Tiwain coast. We are moving countries around to make them fight eachother (that is how we keep Africa down, by supporting uprising to keep it distablized) so we do not fight them all at once, but one at a time.

it may not be called WW3 and it may not be like WW1 or 2, but 1 and 2 where diferent to just as 3 will be diferent. The wars adjust to the times they are fought in. 1 was over military build up and everyone taking sides and the protection of their colonies. 2 was fought over imperialistic gains made by Germany for the spread of their "race". 3 will be fought for the continued control of the worlds economy.

We are the big dog and we will not go down to second place without a fight, I see this war as our way of staying on top. Who knows what will happen 15 years from now because of these actions, we may really be at war with China.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
After reading through this thread politics.abovetopsecret.com... which you have posted in, i do see what you are trying to get at. WW1, and WW2 there were differences yet their were alot of similarities in the way both wars were fought. Both were at full scale mobilization. In todays modern age, the way wars are fought are going to be very different, depnding on a a smaller yet highly technological army. Then how would we define a world war, not by the scale of the war, but who is fighting it.

The actions taken today by israel and and iran, could eventualy lead to a world war. Still though could we say that the crisis in the middle east is not even a war, just like the two gulf wars. When one side totaly dominates another it is a invasion/slaughter of the other side. A war is when two sides fight. I do not call a few handfull of rockets being fired radomly into israel as fighting back, its like shotting a pistol at a tank, its not going to do anything but to make the tank aim at you next.

Also when you said that the next war will be america trying to stay on top, i totaly agree. America will not happily hand over their dominance of the world market, without trying to take the whole market down with them. The recent wars that have been fought are to keep their dominance in the world market. And just as i think u stated in the other thread, they are "hopping" from one country to another, and this conflict at the moment has been pre-planned for many years, probably as way back to the planning to the invasion of iraq. (wether thats pre 9-11 or post 9-11)
I think china does know this, but as i said befor the chinese are not going to go to a full scale war with america over Iran, the cost of such a war would far outweigh the gains of the war. China is no position to go to war with america. At the moment they could defened themselves agiasnt a american invasion, its navy and airforce are far less inferior, it would have no means what so ever to attack america. Yes with the hugeness of the chinese land forces, they could attack and beat america on land, but how are they to tansport all their soldiers to america with such a bad airofrce and navy. The chinese miltary stratergists know this i believe, and they are not willing to go to war with america over protecting some of their oil trade with Iran. Also who do you think china trrade with more? Iran of America? Why would china go to war with a military surpiorer country, who is its largest trading partner, for a country who they trade much less with?
[edit on 113131p://upTuesday by wang]

[edit on 113131p://upTuesday by wang]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
You got what I was trying to say 100% now. China may not go to war with us right now, with their booming economy that rose 11% last year, but there are other incidents that could spark war. What if we stoped trading with China because we decide to go against communism or some other crap our government may feed us, turn China into our biggest enemy?

Eventually China could out grow us and become more powerful, so while we are targeting countries that are "Threatening" to us, then wouldn't China also be in our sights? Just recently yesturday the house has called China a cheater in the world economy, that they are abusing our trade relationship and that it is hurting ur economy. If we are fighting little countries to stay on top, it makes sense to attack China before they can defend themselves.

By that time it could be an all out war and any war with China would require alot more men on the ground. America for a very long time has been in power through economy, I think that last only so long until others gain on you, then like in history, you use your army to knock down those who rise against you. the Tawain situation best describes our tensions with China, we don't care if they are democratic, and we do not care whether or not it is a good government, the only reason we have such a vested intrest in Tawain is because it keeps China away from a massive oil field under the china sea. Would China risk short term depression for possible long term gain?

<< 1    3 >>

join